Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

And not sure, force of habit I guess.

I wasn't picking on you.  Well, yeah, I was, but I get it- when you're thinking and typing at the same time sometimes the fingers do their own thing.

6 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Yes I have bought into the narrative that this organization is so inept that it can alienate its players

I won't say they didn't; I don't really know.  I just know that the Sabres got fleeced on that trade and it set the build back years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You certainly aren’t describing me ?

anyway ... I would be behind trading Olofsson and ERod if it meant an upgrade. Even slightly. But I think a little more fuel to that fire is what’s needed to grab someone of worth.

Zam,  Simpson's post was hilarious. Thanks for the s@#t talking this morning. This team is just so frustrating and I see no end in sight. 

I dont necessarily want to get rid of Sam but we have no trade chips really. VO and Erod are assets in a trade but what can they bring back? I think you have to add a big piece to get what we need. Dont think Risto is considered big piece anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

the initial establishment of his source was when he correctly called not only the Bylsma firing but the Murray one as well.

Since then I believe the answer is no.

At least as we can tell, for all we know he's been spot on but the trades fell through.

So Mr. Flagg, are there any 3rd or 4th liners we could deal for by using some of ours that could at very least give both sides a fresh start?

11 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

At least as we can tell, for all we know he's been spot on but the trades fell through.

So Mr. Flagg, are there any 3rd or 4th liners we could deal for by using some of ours that could at very least give both sides a fresh start?

I dunno! This year I've watched the least hockey of any kind since 2005-06, when I didn't have cable or the internet. All of my views on players are from last season still. 

Thank you Sabres!

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Not sure how I'm going to feel if I get that one right...

He’d instantly be the grittiest top 9 forward on the team. I think y’all should be prepared for Kyle Turris incoming soon too.

Flames and Preds both want D.

The parameters for these moves have been discussed for months. The teams involved are finally struggling enough to pull the trigger.

My god, Botterill moves slow.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

He’d instantly be the grittiest top 9 forward on the team. I think y’all should be prepared for Kyle Turris incoming soon too.

Flames and Preds both want D.

The parameters for these moves have been discussed for months. The teams involved are finally struggling enough to pull the trigger.

My god, Botterill moves slow.

A reminder to all, Kyle Turris has 5 years left (including this year) at $6 mil per.

14 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So, by your own posts, especially this one, you believe fixing the top 6 will catapult the Sabres organization enough to just ignore the bottom 6.

Good to know.

That's some good spin. Like you deserve a prize or something.

I said the priority should be to fix the top 6 but you know that before you posted this lazy trash. 

17 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ok.  So every single player on the team sucks.
What’s the next step?  Trade everyone?  I’m honestly curious what you propose.

Curt I am not sure what to do. I guess I'm just saying no one is untradeable on this team. Obviously for 9 or 26 it would have to be a trade that blows you away. 

I also think the gm's have been incompetent for years and years now.  

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I've been told by several posters today we gotta fix the bottom 6. It's important. 

We trade for Turris,  Botterill should fired. 

This brings up an interesting question. At one point do we throw in the towel and not want JBOT in charge of any trades? When does the internal pressure to go something change to an internal memo not to trade any future picks or prospects?

5 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This brings up an interesting question. At one point do we throw in the towel and not want JBOT in charge of any trades? When does the internal pressure to go something change to an internal memo not to trade any future picks or prospects?

If you ever hit this point with a GM you have to fire them on the spot, no?

Jason has made some weird trades but he's only REALLY lost one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.