Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

Agreed. I'll drink anything. Except maybe Keystone, which I never need to have near me ever again ?

There are certain of the bargain beers that, perhaps owing to all the cereal grains and/or syrups/extracts that show up on the grain bill, will play havoc with your gut and lower GI. I have no problem with anyone loudly avoiding those for such reasons.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There are certain of the bargain beers that, perhaps owing to all the cereal grains and/or syrups/extracts that show up on the grain bill, will play havoc with your gut and lower GI. I have no problem with anyone loudly avoiding those for such reasons.

I think this has happened to me recently. I used to drink Blue as my cheap beer option, but I had a couple on Friday Night and was up until 2AM with killer heartburn. If I drink too much beer I will get SOME heartburn if I don't take a Tums or two before bed, but this one was BAD, and Tums/Pepto didn't seem to have any effect.

Edited by sabills

Just now, sabills said:

I think this has happened to me recently. I used to drink Blue as my cheap beer option, but I had a couple on Friday Night and was up until 2AM with killer heartburn. If I drink too much beer I will get SOME heartburn if I don't take a Tums or two before bed, but this one was BAD, and Tums/Pepto didn't seem to have any effect.

Fair point, and unpleasant. I should not have referenced just the bargain beers above (Keystone, etc.). I should have generally included all of the American Adjunct Lagers (I think that's what they're called). A colleague of mine cannot, for reasons unknown, drink Molson Canadian. He's okay with Golden, or Stock Ale. Something about Molson Canadian makes him sh1t like a river.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That's most budget beers for me.  I can't stand to even taste most of them, now.  Shiner used to give me exceptionally bad headaches to boot. 

I did try an upscale wheat beer this past weekend at MiA.  That was nasty, too.  The only wheat beer I've liked since my 20's was an unfiltered wheat poured from a tavern in the Adirondacks from a brewer I can't remember.

41 minutes ago, ... said:

That's most budget beers for me.  I can't stand to even taste most of them, now.  Shiner used to give me exceptionally bad headaches to boot. 

I did try an upscale wheat beer this past weekend at MiA.  That was nasty, too.  The only wheat beer I've liked since my 20's was an unfiltered wheat poured from a tavern in the Adirondacks from a brewer I can't remember.

Yeah. Your macro beer issues seem more pervasive and generalized.

29 minutes ago, ... said:

Calling my taste in beer "issues" is hyperbolical.  Are we supposed to enjoy gas station coffee, too?

Huh? We weren't discussing anyone's "taste" in beer at that juncture. I was talking about how certain macro lagers can cause intestinal distress for certain people. You then proffered 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

1 hour ago, ... said:

That's most budget beers for me. 

that most macro lagers give you those kinds of issues. I then observed that it seems like you're generally averse to the style, rather than specifically averse to certain concoctions.  

Not for nothing, @dudacek's daughter also seems to have some sort of pervasive issue with domestic (North?) American beer.

Eesh. Sorry for the minor thread derailment.

18 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Huh? We weren't discussing anyone's "taste" in beer at that juncture. I was talking about how certain macro lagers can cause intestinal distress for certain people. You then proffered 

that most macro lagers give you those kinds of issues. I then observed that it seems like you're generally averse to the style, rather than specifically averse to certain concoctions.  

Not for nothing, @dudacek's daughter also seems to have some sort of pervasive issue with domestic (North?) American beer.

Eesh. Sorry for the minor thread derailment.

Yeah, no. I see how this happened. Mea culpa.  I confused the fact that I think they're awful tasting with the fact they make me ill.  I must think more of the bad taste than the illness they bring on.

I can really only drink, and truly enjoy, IPAs.  Not that I mind.

Edited by ...
my binary was missing two bytes. whatever
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ... said:

Yeah, no. I see how this happened. Mea culpa.  I confused the fact that I think they're awful tasting with the fact they make me ill.  I must think more of the bad taste than the illness they bring on.

I can really only drink, and truly enjoy, IPAs.  Not that I mind.

In interest of full disclosure, I can never get used to the hoppy taste of IPAs. 

I had to turn in my Craft Beer Membership Card. 

Stouts, Porters and a Certain Bock that shall remain nameless are my go to. 

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

In interest of full disclosure, I can never get used to the hoppy taste of IPAs. 

I had to turn in my Craft Beer Membership Card

Stouts, Porters and a Certain Bock that shall remain nameless are my go to. 

Nonsense! There is good craft in basically any particular style. You don't need to be a fan of every style to maintain craft beer membership. 

4. Anaheim and Carolina have a deal in principle, and it is now Justin Faulk’s decision. The Raleigh News & Observer’s Luke DeCock reported Ondrej Kase is part of the return, and he’s someone the Hurricanes tried to acquire last season. The Ducks are on Faulk’s no-trade list, and the two sides are trying to hammer out an extension. Faulk makes $6 million in salary this season, and while he’s not going to reach Jacob Trouba territory, that contract raised the bar for the field. You have to think he’s targeting $6.5 to $7 million. The Ducks appear willing to make the move without any long-term security at this time. At the very least, Faulk has to see the writing on the wall in Carolina. You never know how life will go, but, on paper, it’s not ideal for a player heading into free agency. 

More from Friedman 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If Faulk gets both Kase++ and 6.5-7 mil, we need to trade Risto and the return needs to map accordingly 

1 minute ago, ... said:

Not a peep about Risto in those 31 thoughts.

Krueger is itching to get his hands on him. 

Just now, ... said:

Here's a crazy thought: what if the intent at the beginning of the summer was to trade him, but RK has decided over the summer that Risto is a project he'd rather take on?

It would be totally viable if we didn't drastically need forward help, and have a logjam at RHD. Its a bungling of the situation on a few levels if nothing gets done. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I have to wonder if Botterill was even in on that deal. If the Ducks are willing to move Kase for Faulk, would they not have for Risto? Guess we can't know. It could be Kase was target one for Botts and Roslovic is the fall back. 

Per Chad DeDominicis, Murray wanted the Sabres to take a salary dump either Kesler or Henrique in return with  Kase. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.