Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think we should wait until the season to see how things change. The rfa stuff is not a pass, it's a reality. 

Do not want. He's 1 dimensional and the league figured that out. 

My point would be that expectations for this season and Botterill shouldn't change because of the league's RFA situation.

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

And expensive and lazy

Course those are all things people said about Ovi too

But they also said Ovi could skate. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So can we infer the Marner aspect is tied to Gardiner? In that Gardiner wants to somehow be a Leaf but Marner’s situation is in the way and we are his fallback?

And are we comfortable with futures for Risto if we immediately sign Gardiner with the cap space created?

I’m thinking Risto for Roslovic and a second and Gardiner?

For Risto, straight across?

I don't really want something like that affecting how Jason values Risto, I think he should hold firm the way tom says he is. 

33 minutes ago, WildCard said:

And expensive and lazy

Course those are all things people said about Ovi too

That was honestly never justified though, because you can make a "controller off" GIF of any player 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WildCard said:

Gif aside I'm fairly certain Ovechkin was pretty lazy early on in his career

The dude had rockets on his skates, his disinterest in playing defense versus bailing for the pass wasn't laziness, and it wasn't even as bad as Patrick Kane's same tendencies that were somehow never talked about.

And I'm pretty sure IB isn't completely reliable but HAS broken real news?

Like there’s “oh that guy’s pretty one dimensional” and there’s a literal one-trick pony. Laine is a shot and nothing more. 

He has his place on a roster (hello power play) but he’s likely going to be paid far more than he’s worth. 

Edited by Thorny

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Gif aside I'm fairly certain Ovechkin was pretty lazy early on in his career

You've asserted this before, and you're still wrong. His effort was inconsistent (see also: didn't play defense) but that's quite a bit different than being lazy. Lazy implies a general unwillingness to work hard, but Ovechkin was probably the hardest working player in the league offensively. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You've asserted this before, and you're still wrong. His effort was inconsistent (see also: didn't play defense) but that's quite a bit different than being lazy. Lazy implies a general unwillingness to work hard, but Ovechkin was probably the hardest working player in the league offensively. 

Give me 5 more years I'll still be asserting it

Jokes aside lazy probably not, just didn't like to play 200 ft

7 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Just read this. Risto to Detroit for Mantha. I’m not familiar with the publication.

https://detroitsportsnation.com/rumor-detroit-red-wings-closing-massive-trade/apowell/detroit-red-wings-news/09/03/2019/208302/

If this is based on Hockeybuzz I doubt it's report. No saying it won't happen just don't put stock in hockeybuzz.

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

So can we infer the Marner aspect is tied to Gardiner? In that Gardiner wants to somehow be a Leaf but Marner’s situation is in the way and we are his fallback?

And are we comfortable with futures for Risto if we immediately sign Gardiner with the cap space created?

I’m thinking Risto for Roslovic and a second and Gardiner?

For Risto, straight across?

I  mean, that's a different discussion. Then it would just depend on his contract terms. 

9 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Risto plus

It would have to be unless Yzerman has lost his mind and really loved Risto in Tampa and now wants him for Detroit. Just seems like we would need a sweetner. 

9 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Just read this. Risto to Detroit for Mantha. I’m not familiar with the publication.

https://detroitsportsnation.com/rumor-detroit-red-wings-closing-massive-trade/apowell/detroit-red-wings-news/09/03/2019/208302/

It looks like the same rumor that a couple other questionable places have floated. I think it was started by someone and has spread but I don't think it has a ton of credit behind it. That could change though. 

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

My point would be that expectations for this season and Botterill shouldn't change because of the league's RFA situation.

But they also said Ovi could skate. 

They need to be in a playoff spot or fighting for one in late March. That doesn't change regardless of the RFA situation. It's on Botterill to do enough to force that to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think we should wait until the season to see how things change. The rfa stuff is not a pass, it's a reality. 

Do not want. He's 1 dimensional and the league figured that out. 

Being 1-dimensional doesn't really matter if he's on a line with Eichel, where teams are spending all their attention on the center instead of the winger.  And Eichel loves to pass.  And Skinner on the other side?  That would be fun to watch.

While the idea of Eichel feeding Laine for bombs on the perimeter and Skinner darting into the dirty areas is attractive, that combo of wingers terrifies me everywhere else on the ice.

You’d almost certainly play one of them with Reinhart.

Edited by dudacek

44 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Being 1-dimensional doesn't really matter if he's on a line with Eichel, where teams are spending all their attention on the center instead of the winger.  And Eichel loves to pass.  And Skinner on the other side?  That would be fun to watch.

But they would still have someone covering him. If he just floats, Eichel has to work that much more to find him in space. We need a 5 person attack with proper support. 

Just now, nfreeman said:

There is NFW that Winnipeg gives up Laine for Risto without major sweeteners (e.g. Reino, Cozens, 2020 #1, etc).

If JB could get Laine for Risto plus [anything other Eichel, Dahlin, Skinner, Reino or Cozens] -- I say yes immediately.

What would you then pay Laine?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nfreeman said:

There is NFW that Winnipeg gives up Laine for Risto without major sweeteners (e.g. Reino, Cozens, 2020 #1, etc).

If JB could get Laine for Risto plus [anything other Eichel, Dahlin, Skinner, Reino or Cozens] -- I say yes immediately.

I would be very sad if we traded Reinhart for Laine straight across, never mind packaged with Risto.

At least we’re both consistent ?

Is Laine a better player than Skinner?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.