Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Improves RW depth.  Decent 2nd line numbers.  Might just give us enough depth at wing to cover for Mittlestadt's development.

If we can't get a 2C, I'm OK with something like this.

Huh.  Kid can fight pretty OK too.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Ek is reporting Risto for Mantha as the centerpieces of a 5 player deal.  Does this make it unlikely to happen? Probably. I know others have mentioned a similar deal elsewhere.  Would we really trade Risto within the Division?  Is Mantha as the centerpiece make the deal even interesting?  

More wait and see but count me a skeptical.

To detroit I would trade Risto, we need to look at our own D pool and at RHD we got.    Miller - Montour - Jokijarhu - Borgen - Laaksonen.   We can very well afford this trade.

Its an EK rumour, but I can believe this one, Yzerman loves risto.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Does Yzermans apparent love of Risto’s game move the needle for any Risto stats truthers out there?

An Eklund post doesn't demonstrate anything other than something imaginary. 

Edit: I just noticed the reputable source who said Detroit is interested. In that case...no, it still doesn't move the needle for me. If Detroit makes the move and gives us something of legitimate value, then maybe I'll raise an eyebrow. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Risto+spare parts for Mantha, yes easily

Would they take McCabe+Smith?

Not a chance they would take McCabe and Smith. McCabe is perpetually hit by the injury bug and Smith is an AHL player. They might not even accept Risto for Mantha straight up.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Ek is reporting Risto for Mantha as the centerpieces of a 5 player deal.  Does this make it unlikely to happen? Probably. I know others have mentioned a similar deal elsewhere.  Would we really trade Risto within the Division?  Is Mantha as the centerpiece make the deal even interesting?  

More wait and see but count me a skeptical.

He's a left shot right wing, so that automatically adds credence to the rumours if you ask me. 

20 hours ago, NAF said:

Not a chance they would take McCabe and Smith. McCabe is perpetually hit by the injury bug and Smith is an AHL player. They might not even accept Risto for Mantha straight up.

The suggestion was Risto + spare parts for Mantha.  Then McCabe and Smith were suggested as the spare parts.

It wasn’t a proposed trade of McCabe and Smith for Mantha.  

22 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Not for me, he is NHL D that can play top 4.   That doesn't scream spare part to me.

Just because he can doesn't mean he should. He's a bottom 6 d man who misses half the season every year and puts up like 20 points. You can find that anywhere 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:25 PM, Stu said:

Does Yzermans apparent love of Risto’s game move the needle for any Risto stats truthers out there?

Why should it? Why should I think that Risto is somehow better than every single underlying metric and 6 years of watching him tell me he is? Just because Steve Yzerman likes him? Bowman liked Nylander enough to trade Jokiharju for him, doesn't mean he's right. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Why should it? Why should I think that Risto is somehow better than every single underlying metric and 6 years of watching him tell me he is? Just because Steve Yzerman likes him? Bowman liked Nylander enough to trade Jokiharju for him, doesn't mean he's right. 

Nor does it mean you are. Just saying.

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't get it. Why would anyone trade for a player opting out his NHL contract?

Per HF boards the Euro contract he signed is only for 1 year and it contains an out clause where it becomes null and void if he signs an NHL contract prior to December 1st.

Edited by Drunkard

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't get it. Why would anyone trade for a player opting out his NHL contract?

Because he isn't opting out of his contract.  He's opting out of Edmonton.  (Unless the Eulers significantly up their offer presumably.)

And, though he's getting less overseas than he would here, he's ensuring he doesn't end up as rusty as Nylander was when he finally signed.  (Though Pulijarvi can only wish he could look that good with the rust showing.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.