Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

You really want three wingers making $9M or more going forward? I think that only works if you can count on Casey and Dylan being centers two and three on ELC and Bridge. Otherwise you’ll have five forwards making about $47M if you find a second line center at $10M.

Where have you taken Tom "the cap doesn't matter" Webster and what have you done with him? 

22 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

27, 29, 26,22,36 goals the last 5 seasons for Hoffman, and people are worried about losing Erod. This fan base is broken. Lol

I don't think that's the proper framing. Eros is nice because he's good and cheap. He's not untouchable, but I think most would simply prefer to keep him. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Where have you taken Tom "the cap doesn't matter" Webster and what have you done with him? 

I don't think that's the proper framing. Eros is nice because he's good and cheap. He's not untouchable, but I think most would simply prefer to keep him. 

As you said, I believe cap considerations are over rated but you have to be smart. I don’t think you can pay Sam, Skinner and Hoffman all $9M and still have a viable 2nd center.

I would love Hoffman, but the Sabres Current Cap Situation dictates he will not re sign in Buffalo. So giving up two players who are RFAs seems like a lot for a player on an expiring contract.

Mike Russo is reporting that the Wild are poised to sign Mats Zuccarello to a long term deal 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

And I still ask why. If this team was halfway decent erod would be in rochester. He is a borderline nhl talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Sekera being bought out.

I would not mind him on a 2 yr x 1.5 mil deal. He's injury prone but as a 3rd pairing LHD I'd be happy very with that.

Unless we move McCabe, so we really need a 3rd pair LHD? 

5 minutes ago, tom webster said:

As you said, I believe cap considerations are over rated but you have to be smart. I don’t think you can pay Sam, Skinner and Hoffman all $9M and still have a viable 2nd center.

Not this year, but maybe next year. I think it all depends on the price of the 2C we (lord willing) acquire. Can we get someone on a $5M contract for a few years and Casey signed cheap after this year? If so, I think we might be okay unless Sam, Hoffman, and Montour all have bank-breaking seasons. Might have to pay someone to take Okposo off our hands though. 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would love Hoffman, but the Sabres Current Cap Situation dictates he will not re sign in Buffalo. So giving up two players who are RFAs seems like a lot for a player on an expiring contract.

Mike Russo is reporting that the Wild are poised to sign Mats Zuccarello to a long term deal 

...bring me Zucker! 

2 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

And I still ask why. If this team was halfway decent erod would be in rochester. He is a borderline nhl talent. 

I disagree. I think he's a legitimate depth player, even if he's not a prolific goal scorer personally. Obviously Hoffman is better, but 3 years of data say Erod is legit. 

118098908_download(3).thumb.png.9eaa5dae8770826d9371a73ff3ebfd6a.png

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Because EROD is a lot better then you give him credit for. If they are smart they lock him up for four years at around $2.5M per year.

Personally, I think we're better off doing this and then signing Nyquist than trading Erod and/or McCabe for Hoffman. Hoffman himself probably commands more next year than Nyquist and Erod combined. 

Edit: More to this. Hoffman is a tremendous PP weapon, but his even strength play leaves much to be desired. Nyquist is the opposite. 

1714873043_download(4).thumb.png.03cd6110153f993c33b12dba41e2fbb9.png

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Ask Vegas or Toronto right now if cap considerations are over rated.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Based on what?  Scandella, Sobotka, Hunwick, Wilson, Sheary and Bogo’s deal all expire at the end of next season.  That’s over 18 mill.  The 4 key RFAs - Montour, Mitts, Olofsson and Reinhart makes another 9 mill.  That gives us 27 mill to retain 4 players, who will cost about 15-18 mill max. Why can’t we keep Hoffman?

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Based on what?  Scandella, Sobotka, Hunwick, Wilson, Sheary and Bogo’s deal all expire at the end of next season.  That’s over 18 mill.  The 4 key RFAs - Montour, Mitts, Olofsson and Reinhart makes another 9 mill.  That gives us 27 mill to retain 4 players, who will cost about 15-18 mill max. Why can’t we keep Hoffman?

Dahlin will command $10 mill plus in a few years 

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Because you're forgetting to include Aho 's $9.5MM. ?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Eichel 10 Million

Skinner 9 Million

Dahlin 10-12 Million? 

Reinhart 7.5-8.5 Million per year. 

And Hoffman’s starting point will be 8 Million per in negotiations and with approximately 40 million going to be tied up in those players, I’m not paying someone who does not drive offensive play or is not responsible in his own zone that type of money.

17 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Plus there is the matter of a certain soon to be Mrs Hoffman, who helped fracture the Ottawa Lockerroom. 

If Krueger can get the room back together, why bring in a potential catalyst back into the room in the long term. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Eichel 10 Million

Skinner 9 Million

Dahlin 10-12 Million? 

And Hoffman’s starting point will be 8 Million per in negotiations and with approximately 40 million going to be tied up in those players, I’m not paying someone who does not drive offensive play or is not responsible in his own zone that type of money.

Plus there is the matter of a certain soon to be Mrs Hoffman, who helped fracture the Ottawa Lockerroom. 

If Krueger can get the room back together, why bring in a potential catalyst back into the room in the long term. 

She's still in the picture? 

giphy.gif.6914c03dc33d74a60ab2b37815ae910b.gif

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yeh part of the trade is contingent on him getting a divorce

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Eichel 10 Million

Skinner 9 Million

Dahlin 10-12 Million? 

Dahlin 10 to 12 mil?

Where on earth are you getting those numbers from?

Because honestly, in his rookie season, I'm seeing a D man 2nd contract at 6 to 8 million. He didn't win the Calder, he wasn't anywhere nears an impact that warrants those numbers, and while, yes, he has HUGE upside potential, until he truly shows it, IF he ever does, then we can talk those numbers, but as of right now, today, 1st pick over all or not, he is NOT worth 10 to 12 million.

The latest version, apparently: Ristolainen, McCabe, Nylander for Hoffman, Huberdeau, Pysyk 

Yes, perhaps the tweet of someone living in their parent's basement for all I know. Risto supposedly "liked" the tweet.

I'm mainly here to share rumors and talk about how cool bow ties are . . . digressions on time and metaphysics are also marginally acceptable.

That return is unlikely. You take it and run if actual, imo. 

Edited by Dr. Who

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Dahlin 10 to 12 mil?

Because honestly, in his rookie season, I'm seeing a D man 2nd contract at 6 to 8 million. He didn't win the Calder, he wasn't anywhere nears an impact that warrants those numbers, and while, yes, he has HUGE upside potential, until he truly shows it, IF he ever does, then we can talk those numbers, but as of right now, today, 1st pick over all or not, he is NOT worth 10 to 12 million.

Yeah I’ve been thinking people are way overestimating Dahlin’s second contract. $10-12m would be by far the biggest second contract ever for a defenseman. 

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Dahlin 10 to 12 mil?

Are we signing Dahlin now? Today? Damn I missed the twitter message from PHam! ?

When his entry level contract is up, he will get 8 years. And he will get between 8-10 per. And that, Dahlin will take to the bank. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. It’s business and it’s practically a forgone conclusion.

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.