Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

49 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Anyone think we could sign Dzingel, trade for Zucker and bring back Pomers? As think reuniting Jason on the top line and putting Sam on a 2nd line with Zucker and Dzingel feels good to me as a top 6.

Just because putting Pommers on the top line was the best thing for Pommers, doesn't mean it was the best thing for the team.

Eichel and Skinner should play with a guy who can contribute to their overall game, not just finish the chances they create.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Meier probably won't get 9-10 million so it wouldn't be 4 1st rounders.

To pry him from San Jose it’ll be at least the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder compensation (over $6M).

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Fella over at Hockeybuzz who sometimes gets it right is posting that he is hearing a deal with Florida might be happening. McCabe, E-rod, and a pick for Hoffman. May be nothing, of course.

It’s nothing but if it were something I’d pee myself.

47 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

One year of Hoffman for all of that?  Saves Florida cap space?  Not sure he value is right there

That one year left  really diminishes his value. I know it did for Skinner. Giving up two players and a pick is a lot unless he's agreed to extend.

Edited by Radar

1 minute ago, Radar said:

That one year left  really diminishes his value. I know it did for Skinner. Giving up two players and a pick is a lot unless he's agreed to extend.

Giving up McCabe and ERod plus a pick (depending on the pick) is not a lot to give up for a guy like Hoffman even if it’s just for a year. But you also get a full year to try to extend.

Just now, Hoss said:

Giving up McCabe and ERod plus a pick (depending on the pick) is not a lot to give up for a guy like Hoffman even if it’s just for a year. But you also get a full year to try to extend.

I know McCabe has had injury problems but he's a pretty good D when healthy. ERod is a good third to fourth line guy who gives full effort. Agree the pick is important but even with no pick involved seems the two players should be enough given what position Florida's in. I would like this if it meant keeping Risto but then how do you get a#2 center if they're going g for one?

41 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You really want three wingers making $9M or more going forward? I think that only works if you can count on Casey and Dylan being centers two and three on ELC and Bridge. Otherwise you’ll have five forwards making about $47M if you find a second line center at $10M.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not surprised that McCabe is in the rumor mill, but I’d be sad to see him go.  I like ERod as well but he isn’t really a 4th line player and I think Jbot wants better players in the top 9.  He is also more playmaker then scorer and we need more scoring.

Right now we have a glut of D and depth forwards.  Someone has to go and apparently there is no market for Scandella.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Risto, Nylander, and next year 4th for RNH, Russell and a 3rd next year.  Twitter idea from David Harris.   Not a bad idea. Don’t love Russell, but getting RNH turns us into a playoff team.  

If Jbot gets Hoffman also the top 9 looks something like this

Skinner Jack Hoffman

Olofsson RNH Reinhart

Sheary Mitts Thompson/KO

I’d be thrilled.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Risto, Nylander, and next year 4th for RNH, Russell and a 3rd next year.  Twitter idea from David Harris.   Not a bad idea. Don’t love Russell, but getting RNH turns us into a playoff team.  

If Jbot gets Hoffman also the top 9 looks something like this

Skinner Jack Hoffman

Olofsson RNH Reinhart

Sheary Mitts Thompson/KO

I’d be thrilled.

RNH be a nice #2C with him only under contract the next two seasons yet I'd ask Edmonton for something else instead of Russell. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.