Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Disagree, Hoss. The title of the thread is 'Trade Rumors and Speculation'. Rumors and speculation, by their very nature, tend to be mostly inaccurate and should be taken with a grain of salt anyway, IMHO. I'd rather have what is being heard posted here and then let each individual further pursue what he or she thinks passes the 'smell test'.

Issa joke, friend.

Give me: Ryan Hartman, signed 2 years, Joonas Donskoi, signed 3 years,  one of Par Lindholm, signed for 1 season,  Tim Heed, signed for two customers,  David Kampf, signed for one season, bring back Taylor Leier for Roch, and Axel Holmstrom for Roch, Joakim Ryan, for Roch / competition.   There's one guy that I'd absolutely love and that's Nyquist, but if he's looking for 6-7 years, he's nuts.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Issa joke, friend.

NP, it's all good. I've seen many a poster get flamed over the years on TBD for posting anything from 'Bleacher Report'. I think that they are mostly hacks at BR but I understand/accept that when I see them referenced by someone with good intentions. 

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Really shouldn't be that surprising that we're being aggressive 

Aggressively using a metal detector on a beach when there’s only quarters under the sand won’t make you rich. I just don’t see any difference makers in UFA besides reshuffling the bottom 6. I hope he doesn’t make any desperate moves we’ll regret. We need a 2C. 

10 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Give me: Ryan Hartman, signed 2 years, Joonas Donskoi, signed 3 years,  one of Par Lindholm, signed for 1 season,  Tim Heed, signed for two customers,  David Kampf, signed for one season, bring back Taylor Leier for Roch, and Axel Holmstrom for Roch, Joakim Ryan, for Roch / competition.   There's one guy that I'd absolutely love and that's Nyquist, but if he's looking for 6-7 years, he's nuts.

I'd prefer Tim Heed to either of Stralman or Girardi tbh 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

You got one of your wishes.

Leier has just been signed to a one-year Amerks deal.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Aggressively using a metal detector on a beach when there’s only quarters under the sand won’t make you rich. I just don’t see any difference makers in UFA besides reshuffling the bottom 6. I hope he doesn’t make any desperate moves we’ll regret. We need a 2C. 

What if the quarter they find winds up being a 1870 CC Liberty Seated Quarter?

4 minutes ago, ... said:

What if the quarter they find winds up being a 1870 CC Liberty Seated Quarter?

If we do, it’ll probably end up being this set:

https://us.homerfever.com/homedecor-c-6/full-set-18701873cc-4pcs-seated-liberty-silver-dollars-one-dollar-coins-retail-p-32616.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw9dboBRBUEiwA7VrrzVz-vUm6q6AzwBauz9zcioynsb4nq_Ay9EahHJzU4skUkSappcLsbBoCVaYQAvD_BwE

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd prefer Tim Heed to either of Stralman or Girardi tbh 

Anyone who wouldn't is a bit off, it sounds from the tid bits I've seen that Heed is more likely in San Jose's plans.  However, it will be really interesting if they bring back Marleau for pennies, still have Meier to re-sign.  Make a decision on Thornton, and their Captain is on the UFA market.  Crazy town there. 

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

The best way to fix the bottom six is to make Casey, VO and Erod the third line and

Sheary, Lars and Kyle the fourth line.

You do that something like this;

Line One Zucc- Eichel- Kessell

Line Two Skinner - ?? -Sam

If i may,

The lines should be:

Jeff skinner - Jack Eichle - (Joe Pavelski) 

Victor Olofsson - Sam Reinhart - Mats Zuccarello

Conor Sheary - Casey Mittlestadt - Kyle Okposo

Edited by MODO Hockey

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

If i may,

The lines should be:

Jeff skinner - Jack Eichle - (Joe Pavelski) 

Victor Olofsson - Sam Reinhart - Mats Zuccarello

Conor Sheary - Casey Mittlestadt - Kyle Okposo

better,  but you are missing 3...unless your playing 9 Defense.  

if I may

Jeff skinner - Jack Eichle - Brett Connolly 

Olofsson-  TBD by trade -  Sam Reinhart - 

Ferland -  Boyle - Rodrigues

Conor Sheary - Casey Mittlestadt - Vanek

Kyle Okposo

Edited by Broken Ankles
spelling

17 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

if I may

Kyle Okposo

Huge pass on ferland, career year.   

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Oloffson-Eichel-Zuccorello

Skinner-Mittelstadt-Reinhart

Smith/Ruostalainen-Dzingel-Thompson

Girgensons-Larsson-Rodrigues/Okposo

Trade/demote: Sheary, Sobotka, Nylander, Wilson, Elie 

just signing two guys and promoting a couple results in a lot of bad cap to deal with

I'm not fond of Mittelstadt at 2C at all. As a matter of preference, I'd much prefer Mitts center a 3rd line with 1 experienced winger that has both a sound defensive game but also has enough hockey IQ to jump in aggressively on the offensive side. I don't see success with Mitts at 2C, at least, not this coming season, based on his rookie outing.

I do like moving Sobotka and Sheary. Wilson is decent line 4 depth and Elie is meh to me in any event.

Skinner won't be leaving Eichel's LW. Your simply not paying a line 2 LW'er 9 mil a season.

I believe your right on Nylander, I think he gets moved, if that was your intention of him. Not sure where, but Toronto makes a ton of sense as a trading partner for the Sabres. Just an IMO.

38 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

if I may

Kyle Okposo

How u gonna get that under the cap? this doesnt sound legit to me in matter of contracts, at all to be fair.

And yes, i skipped the 4th line because.. meh who cares

Edited by MODO Hockey

10 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

How u gonna get that under the cap? this doesnt sound legit to me in matter of contracts, at all to be fair.

And yes, i skipped the 4th line because.. meh who cares

2C is a trade for Risto.  A Wash or close to in Cap  $. 

Ferland is $5M

Vanek is $2M

Connolly may get $3.5M

Boyle's current contract is $2.75M - Maybe $5 for two years gets it done - $2.5M AAV

That's $13M with cap space @ $19M.   Still leaves space for a UFA D if you can move Scandella. 

My point is by adding talent in second line, and creating a new third line, and pushing KO, Casey and Sheary to 4th line minutes will improve bottom six.    Sure we could roll out Larsson, Grigs and CJ Smith, but what's the point?  I'd rather see a third line that can take all the Defensive zone face-offs, be hard on the puck, AND have the ability to score.   If your 4th line is a combination of emerging talent coupled with aging talent, AND they are not requested to play difficult minutes, then they should find their way to positive metrics and  a + goal diff. 

Is it safe to say JBOT is waiting for FA to shakeout before making any trades? If we bring in a player or two in FA we're going to have too many roster players on the team and will need to jettison some of them, right? Oloffson replaces Pommers and other than that there's no turn-over. I guess you could easily waive Elie, Sobotka, and Wilson. 

I suppose patience is required. We know JBOT needs and wants to make changes to the roster. I just hate being patient and there's been a lot of activity across the league and I don't like feeling we're getting left behind in the  dust. 

14 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Is it safe to say JBOT is waiting for FA to shakeout before making any trades? If we bring in a player or two in FA we're going to have too many roster players on the team and will need to jettison some of them, right? Oloffson replaces Pommers and other than that there's no turn-over. I guess you could easily waive Elie, Sobotka, and Wilson. 

I suppose patience is required. We know JBOT needs and wants to make changes to the roster. I just hate being patient and there's been a lot of activity across the league and I don't like feeling we're getting left behind in the  dust. 

He alluded to this in a press conference that the league maybe is in a holding pattern until teams sign their RFAs

21 hours ago, ... said:

Sir, please proceed with your argument.

Some of it depends on how you interpret "aggressive." I basically view it as having targets and going after them without much regard for cost. For example, Tim Murray was aggressive in going after the best winger on the market (Okposo) when, long-term ramifications aside, he probably would have gotten much better value for similar on-ice impact by going to the second tier of free agency. I think being aggressive in UFA more often causes GMs to pay good players as great players than to secure great players. It's not always bad, but I think this is a pretty common consequence of the approach. If somebody aggressively pursues Panarin and matches his ask, I don't think it's inherently a bad move because he's a truly elite player. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.