Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

PK to the Leafs? Hmm. I can see Nashville checking in with Arizona now that Housley is the D coach there. But the Coyotes don't have a ton of cap space. They'd need to swing Goligoski or Galchenyuk back. OEL and Subban playing "housley's rushing" defense (the Nashville version of a few years back, not our version, obviously) would be fun.

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Today could be the day I settle firmly on wanting Botterill gone. It could also go so well that it'll probably be a long time before I ever get there. Or anything in between. 

So fun!

The air is thick with anticipation!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Very intrigued 

So let me get this straight, Carolina doesn’t want to pay someone? Shocking. 

And a backloaded contract? I had no idea any teams actually did that at this point. Everyone’s always getting their money up front. Looking at how his contract is structured, how on earth did he agree to that?

57 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

It's a carnival-like atmosphere...

Speaking of which.  Just got back from my sons school carnival.  Beer in hand and looks like I haven’t missed anything.  Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!

47 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Oh Hello

the voice love GIF

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

It must be nefarious reasons by 30 other GMs. the rock eye roll GIF by WWE

Subban being targeted as the “most overrated” in the entire league in a sport with a not-so-great racial history and zero diversity is most definitely “nefarious” as I put it. Calling him overrated is fine. He might be at this point in his career.

Go to the comment section of any post about Subban from the NHL. The comments from fans about his “character” seem to forget how this man has given his heart to so many worthy causes and truly engages with the people.

Some Vancouver reporter said the Canucks shouldn’t pursue him because it’s become the “Vancouver Subbans” because of his character. The idea that a rich black man with confidence who engages with the public consistently is selfish and an attention ***** is played out.

15 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I am regretfully calling BS on the Aho stuff.

Listening to some local radio earlier this week, it did sound like they were going to have some trouble with Aho. They didn’t get into specifics, but basically it sounded like it could be a long drawn out process, lots of distance between both sides. That seems fairly common at the start of a negotiation, but it’s worth watching. The owner is notoriously cheap, so it could get interesting. 

The show I was listening to has been very high on the ball washing scale since he bought the team. So this segment really stuck out to me because it was the first time they were a bit skeptical of him. They’re starting to see the light. 

14 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Subban being targeted as the “most overrated” in the entire league in a sport with a not-so-great racial history and zero diversity is most definitely “nefarious” as I put it. Calling him overrated is fine. He might be at this point in his career.

Go to the comment section of any post about Subban from the NHL. The comments from fans about his “character” seem to forget how this man has given his heart to so many worthy causes and truly engages with the people.

Some Vancouver reporter said the Canucks shouldn’t pursue him because it’s become the “Vancouver Subbans” because of his character. The idea that a rich black man with confidence who engages with the public consistently is selfish and an attention ***** is played out.

FWIW, I took him to be making a swipe at the ROR locker room trade return rationalizations, not anything having to do with PK. 

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If the general population voted Subban the most overrated, I might be inclined to agree with you. I would even say that I agree with you that there may be nefarious reasons behind talking heads calling out his character. But I have a terribly hard time believing that NHL players consider him overrated because he’s black. 

Also, like I said originally, the NHL is by far the second most diverse sport in NA. Just because most of them are white doesn’t mean it isn’t diverse. The biggest issue the NHL has for getting black and brown players is primarily based in socioeconomic factors, not racism. I hate how quickly people are to jump to racism.

I would be interested to read what Jordan Samuel-Thomas has to say on the subject. He’s written a lot about race for the athletic. I’m sure he has something in the area. 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

FWIW, I took him to be making a swipe at the ROR locker room trade return rationalizations, not anything having to do with PK. 

No he was right on the money

13 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It was in response to an earlier post I made where I used the word nefarious to describe the “most overrated” label on Zion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.