Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

McCabe for Virtanen wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Rumours of each guy being shopped; ages and contracts and stature is comparable; each fills a need the other team is known to be trying to address.

Good fit hockey trade for each side, actually.

I don't know what Virtanen does for us to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't know what Virtanen does for us to be honest. 

Size and speed in the middle six in the right age group on an affordable contract.

Good forechecker with 15-20 goal upside, but not that smart. Kinda like Evander Kane, but not as good.

Can certainly see him being tried in the power forward role some want with Jack and Jeff, even though I think he’s more of a middle-six type.

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Size and speed in the middle six in the right age group on an affordable contract.

Good forechecker with 15-20 goal upside, but not that smart. Kinda like Evander Kane, but not as good.

Can certainly see him being tried in the power forward role some want with Jack and Jeff, even though I think he’s more of a middle-six type.

I'm not sure I like that fit.

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Virtanen is pretty much a bust for a former 6th overal pick.   He isn't anything more than a bottom 6 guy I think.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

His career high is 25 points. If that's not a bottom-6 player I don't know what is. I know the line numbering discussion has its problems, but he should be viewed as a 4th liner who can flex to the 3rd here and there. 

From LeBrun in the Athletic 

One player that I believe BriseBois has shown interest in not only before the February trade deadline but also again this offseason is Rasmus Ristolainen in Buffalo. With three more years on a deal that carries a $5.4-million cap hit, Ristolainen’s contract is more than reasonable for what he brings. And he just turned 24.

GettyImages-1065988108-e1543380026967.jp
(Joe Hrycych/NHLI via Getty Images)

Which is also why the Sabres aren’t going to deal him unless the package is absolutely right.

Tampa is far from the only team that’s expressed interest. In fact, now that Jacob Trouba has been traded, I’m told interest has picked up again over the past 24 hours. Ristolainen is probably the top target now for teams eyeing to trade for a top-pairing D.

If I’m the Sabres, I don’t get into a serious discussion with Tampa unless Mikhail Sergachev is on the table.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

His career high is 25 points. If that's not a bottom-6 player I don't know what is. I know the line numbering discussion has its problems, but he should be viewed as a 4th liner who can flex to the 3rd here and there. 

I’m projecting for sure. 

He’s 22, scored 10 in his first full season and 15 in his second.

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If some GM really thinks Risto is a top-pairing Dman and willing to pay accordingly, I think we must trade him. 

Interesting that Lebrun referred to him as a top-pairing D.

22 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You'd like it too if you knew how nice it was! 

You're not fooling anyone

bunker.thumb.jpg.5065a5515b001242bb29064f928003f6.jpg

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) -- Years worth of neglect has left a quiet west Omaha neighborhood filled with disgusting smells. The conditions of the bunker were so bad that the city has threatened to demolish it this week.

"I guess the maggots were coming out of the freezers and stuff. I mean who lives like that?” asked neighbor Amy Bonney.

Neighbors say anti-Bogosians lived in the bunker for seven years. WOWT 6 News has learned its owner used the bunker as storage for a catering business.

"I guess there was blood coming out of the freezers,” said Bonney.

The owner had freezers and fridges full of meats and other foods but no electricity.

Bonney: "We can smell it clear up at our house.”

Reporter: "What is the smell? Describe it. It's around us right now."

Bonney: "Like dead body. I mean it's horrible."

It was actually a jogger who could smell the odors from the street who called in a report to the city of a possible dead body.

"If you looked in the windows all there was flies on the windows,” she said.

The city found no body, just revolting smells. Last Friday the city posted a “No Trespassing” sign on the now condemned bunker. Tuesday afternoon, a team of about 10 people worked to empty the foul contents of the garage onto the driveway. The owner of the home was nowhere to be seen.

Edited by jsb
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From LeBrun in the Athletic 

One player that I believe BriseBois has shown interest in not only before the February trade deadline but also again this offseason is Rasmus Ristolainen in Buffalo. With three more years on a deal that carries a $5.4-million cap hit, Ristolainen’s contract is more than reasonable for what he brings. And he just turned 24.

GettyImages-1065988108-e1543380026967.jp
(Joe Hrycych/NHLI via Getty Images)

Which is also why the Sabres aren’t going to deal him unless the package is absolutely right.

Tampa is far from the only team that’s expressed interest. In fact, now that Jacob Trouba has been traded, I’m told interest has picked up again over the past 24 hours. Ristolainen is probably the top target now for teams eyeing to trade for a top-pairing D.

If I’m the Sabres, I don’t get into a serious discussion with Tampa unless Mikhail Sergachev is on the table.

I don't like trading our players when they are about to hit their prime,   will he ever be more than this ?  will have to be a huge offer to make me happy about trading him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

ryan gosling lol GIF

He's been our top pairing defenseman for the last 3 or 4 seasons, whether he's deserved to be there or not. It won't be all that funny if Montour can't handle the role and we're stuck seeing Bogosian play there after they trade Ristolainen.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

It won't be all that funny if Montour can't handle the role and we're stuck seeing Bogosian play there after they trade Ristolainen.

True, which is probably why JBot wins any trade involving Risto.  He's not exactly a motivated seller and the other prize, Trouba, is off the table.  In this case JBot holds the cards.  Let's see what he can do from a position of power.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

True, which is probably why JBot wins any trade involving Risto.  He's not exactly a motivated seller and the other prize, Trouba, is off the table.  In this case JBot holds the cards.  Let's see what he can do from a position of power.

Hopefully he can do better then TM did when he made his deals from a position of power. ......

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Hopefully he can do better then TM did when he made his deals from a position of power. ......

These positions of power have me concerned. Is this a "It's over.... I have the high ground" sort of power, or a "You underestimate my power!" sort of power?

30 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He got Skinner cheap from a position of power, but I still see him trying to sell Ristolainen off for quantity rather than quality. Mr. Dart Thrower seems to have a fetish for the multi-piece deal. I just hope he learned his lesson with Berglund and Sobotka. The number of pieces received doesn't mean anything if half of them are worthless or hold negative value.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

These positions of power have me concerned. Is this a "It's over.... I have the high ground" sort of power, or a "You underestimate my power!" sort of power?

To me the position of power is this:  JBot doesn't *have to* make a trade.  He could, if he wanted to, start the season with Risto on the roster.  Given that, it will take a generous offer from another team, an offer that improves the Sabres, for JBot to deal.  I think moving from XHCPH to RFK may give Risto the "change of scenery" some people think he needs, which makes it even less necessary to move him.  JBot can sit tight, and that's okay.  So to get him to budge, another team is going to have to make a sweet offer.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

To me the position of power is this:  JBot doesn't *have to* make a trade.  He could, if he wanted to, start the season with Risto on the roster.  Given that, it will take a generous offer from another team, an offer that improves the Sabres, for JBot to deal.  I think moving from XHCPH to RFK may give Risto the "change of scenery" some people think he needs, which makes it even less necessary to move him.  JBot can sit tight, and that's okay.  So to get him to budge, another team is going to have to make a sweet offer.

Exactly - Right now the D looks like this

Dahlin Montour

McCabe (RFA) Risto

Scandella Bogosian

Hunwick Nelson

While basically the status quo, a full year on Montour coupled with further development of Dahlin, fewer minutes for Risto and better coaching should lead to a better results.  Should.  

That said I kind of want Risto used to get a 2nd line center and Alex Martinez brought in for defensive zone play and Cup winning leadership.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Just a little of putting my thoughts out there.

Since JBot has been here, he's made 4 major trades, along with a few smaller ones. Kane, Skinner, O'Reilley, and Montour. With Kane and O'Reiley the power was definitely in other's hands. He clearly did have the power in the Skinner trade. With the Montour trade they seem to have been in neutral positions. 

He was buying in the Skinner and Montour trades and selling in the O'Reiley and Kane trades. 

He got fleeced in the O'Reiley trade. It's more arguable, but in my opinion he lost that trade too. The Skinner trade he definitely won. It's too early to tell, but I believe he won the Montour trade. I think he'll be a really good player for us. 

We know he's done well when he's in power and buying. We know he's done poorly selling and having no power. So I'm hoping that it's only bad when he has no power, and it isn't that he's just bad at selling. I'm really interested to see what he'll do in a real hockey trade like there is potential for with Risto.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I think Risto to Jets has to be in play now that Trouba is gone.  

I would love to see a Risto and prospect( Smith/Thompson/Nylander) for Ehlers and Lowry.  

I don't think this would be enough. Ristolainen for Ehlers, but I don't think a prospect is enough to get Lowry who they value pretty highly in Winnipeg, particularly with their lack of quality C depth. 

4 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't think they'd be willing to trade anyone I actually want. 

You'd take a deck of NHL-logo playing cards in return if it meant we were dumping Bogo. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.