Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

The Fourth Period is reporting that as of now Taylor Hall does not want to sign an extension with the Devils. He has one year remaining on his present deal

Surprised he doesn't want to stay honestly, they have a ton of talent coming

The one thing we know for sure is he ain't coming here

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The Fourth Period is reporting that as of now Taylor Hall does not want to sign an extension with the Devils. He has one year remaining on his present deal

Hall for Risto, Sheary,Ā Asplund, Thompson and a 2020 2nd.

And next year I would offer him a 8 year 8.5 mil/per. Heavily front loaded.Ā 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Probably enough backroom tampering to know he will sign there.

I would like to see him pull a Vesey and sign elsewhere.

Eh, we did the same thing with Ehrhoff.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Hall isnā€™t going to want to come and stay here either. Also TFP is mostly a shitposting website so I donā€™t trust them.

This one came from David Pagnotta, he is one of their most respected contributors. LeBrun and McKenzie both follow him on Twitter and he appears on SiriusĀ NHL Network quite a bit. I put some credence into this one.Ā 

That being said, as you mention there is NFW he comes to the Sabres.Ā 

13 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Hall for Risto, Sheary,Ā Asplund, Thompson and a 2020 2nd.

And next year I would offer him a 8 year 8.5 mil/per. Heavily front loaded.Ā 

Hall doesn't want to stay in Jersey because they aren't good andĀ you think he's going to sign a 8 year deal to play in Buffalo? Let alone sign here for a discount.

4 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Hall doesn't want to stay in Jersey because they aren't good andĀ you think he's going to sign a 8 year deal to play in Buffalo? Let alone sign here for a discount.

Nope. I didnā€™t say that in my post. I didnā€™t say what I think Hallā€™s mindset is.

Edited by Zamboni

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Nope. I didnā€™t say that in my post. I didnā€™t say what I think Hallā€™s mindset is.

No, you just proposed that we trade Risto, Sheary,Ā Asplund, Thompson and a 2020 2nd for him even though he only has one year left on his contract. Then youĀ said you'd offerĀ a guy who won league MVP just 2 seasons ago an under market value contract, as if there would be any chance in hell that he'd even entertain the offer.

Ā 
https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-minnesota-wild-jason-zucker-kessel-and-the-buffalo-sabres/2019/06/04/
Buffalo Sabres:Ā  A roster reckoning coming

John Vogl of The Athletic:Ā  Alas, the Buffalo Sabresā€™ offseason could be very good or an unmitigated disaster.

Ā 

Buffalo may offer sheetĀ Kasperi KapanenĀ then signĀ Jake GardinerĀ from Toronto for starters. Then, the Sabres acquiringĀ Jacob TroubaĀ with the assurance they sign him would be quite the coup.

The Sabres are hoping players likeĀ Victor OlofssonĀ andĀ Alexander NylanderĀ can step up is a bit of a stretch but possible.

Finally, this would rid themselves ofĀ Rasmus RistolainenĀ and several fringe players as well.

However, there is a bad scenario. Buffalo finds themselves unable to re-signĀ Jeff Skinnerand he walks for zero. The roster looks the same minus Olofsson and Nylander getting second line minutes. Worse, the Sabres would be learning a new system without any real upgrade in talent. If anything, this represents a downturn.

I think all members of the PHWA should stop speculating about offer sheets until we actually see one signed or the genuine threat of one used to advantage.

The penalty will be being forced to hear "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" on a turntable off-centered until, like Horst Buchholz as "Otto Ludwig Piffl," s/heĀ confesses to being "und Amerikanischer Spion."

TJ Brodie, anyone?

From the Athletic -- an article about top 20 players likely to be traded -- https://theathletic.com/1011961/2019/06/05/nhl-trade-board-top-20-players-who-could-move-this-summer/

4. T.J. Brodie, Calgary Flames ā€“ The belief from teams outside of Calgary is that GM Brad Treliving would move one of his defensemen in an attempt to provide salary cap flexibility, along with providing opportunity for some of the young defensemen coming up in the system. The almost 29-year-old Brodie has one year left on his deal that averages $4.65 million per season before hitting unrestricted free agency, so now might be the best time to move. ā€œI think Brad is going to move one of the two (Brodie or Travis Hamonic),ā€ said one executive. ā€œHe needs space.ā€

He shoots left, he's 6'2", 180 lbs and had 34 pts in 21.5 min per game last year for a division-winning Calgary team.Ā  He's from Chatham, Ontario -- closer to Detroit, but only about 3.5 hrs to Buffalo.

His contract status is obviously a major issue.

Ā 

28 year old LHD who put up decent points and very solid possession numbers last year. 1 year left at about $4.8M cap hit

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

TJ Brodie, anyone?

From the Athletic -- an article about top 20 players likely to be traded -- https://theathletic.com/1011961/2019/06/05/nhl-trade-board-top-20-players-who-could-move-this-summer/

He shoots left, he's 6'2", 180 lbs and had 34 pts in 21.5 min per game last year for a division-winning Calgary team.Ā  He's from Chatham, Ontario -- closer to Detroit, but only about 3.5 hrs to Buffalo.

His contract status is obviously a major issue.

Ā 

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.