GDT 2/16/2020 Toronto @ Buffalo 7PM MSG WGR

woods-racer

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

#### all of you.  We were out numbered 19-1.  Any one of you could've bought a ticket the Loafs fans bought.  

It was one of the loudest the Sabres fans have been at games this season, and we only had 1,000 in the crowd.

I’ve been chastised in the same manner for having the same perspective that I posted tonight. 

Not that I should need to explain myself, but I don’t live in Buffalo, I’m also a single parent with full time custody of my 2 year old daughter and don’t always have a babysitter, and I also wouldn’t have been able to afford what people were selling the tickets for. 

Otherwise, if I had a sitter and the funds, I would’ve loved to have been at a Sabres-Leafs rivalry game tonight, just like I was able to so many times in the past. My opinion remains the same - it’s a shame to see so many rival fans in our barn, and I think it’s embarrassing.

?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’ve been chastised in the same manner for having the same perspective that I posted tonight. 

Not that I should need to explain myself, but I don’t live in Buffalo, I’m also a single parent with full time custody of my 2 year old daughter and don’t always have a babysitter, and I also wouldn’t have been able to afford what people were selling the tickets for. 

Otherwise, if I had a sitter and the funds, I would’ve loved to have been at a Sabres-Leafs rivalry game tonight, just like I was able to so many times in the past. My opinion remains the same - it’s a shame to see so many rival fans in our barn, and I think it’s embarrassing.

?‍♂️

Don't live in Buffalo either.  

And will rarely chastise other non-scalper fans.  But tonight's criticism struck a nerve.  This game was more fun than the rout of Joisey at the opener.  Was seriously concerned about how the sea of Loaf fans would react to an over the top Sabres fan in front of them.  Fortunately, they realized they were guests in our building.  Seriously, told the wife before the 2nd period, hoped our will was up to date.  But it must not have been, as she didn't give that little shove. ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Ukrainians?  Ugh.

They're just east coast Polacks. 

5-2-1 in their last 8, healthiest they've been in months, Jack is on pace to crack the top 10 all time Sabres season point leaders and if he picks up the pace slightly he'll reach the top 3, Dahlin is now tied for 2nd all time for points scored by a teenage defenseman, 4 of their past 5 victories have come against teams fighting for a playoff spot, Florida and Montreal are fading, we are 8 points behind the Loafs with a game in hand and they're about to face the Penguins in a back to back. I don't understand why so many on this site are so depressed with this season. Hutton is coming back around (even I didn't see this coming) and looks like a NHL goalkeeper again. Games are important again and I'm looking forward to them again. Get a grip people, we're actually in a playoff race and we're playing meaningful games again. We just dominated the Loafs, who cares who was in the building besides @Taro T, he led us to victory, as for the Loafs playing a back to back scenario excuse, so did Ottawa and they beat Dallas today. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I'm with you, Taro.

And to be honest, Jack seems to take a perverse pleasure in playing on home ice in front of thousands of Leafs fans.  He channels their hate and turns it back on them.

darth vader force GIF

I need to see playoff Jack soon.  I expect a level of play we haven't seen from a Sabre since Hasek.  

• Like (+1) 2

Spent the day with the family today and then capped it off with a recording of what I expected would be another frustrating disappointment and wow, what a way to cap off the day.

I think that was the most fun Sabres game of the year (hate the Leafs). What a pleasant surprise! 

Looked like we might fold in the 3rd but bounced back and stuck it to them with their own game - only better. This game gives one hope for the future.

Been criticising the rotating D man plan all year and now that we seem to have settled on 3 pairings they are so much better. Why did this take so long? The lines look so much more balanced as well. Better chemistry on them. You can see how badly we missed Olofsson (we are a thin team with little depth). I don't even have anything bad to say about Reinhart tonight :)

If I have any critique, I didn't like the way Hyman easily muscled Montour off the puck and we are still weak in front of the net but man, this game does give one hope!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, forgot to mention. What kind of wheaties did Okposo switch to? That goal was beautiful.

• Like (+1) 1

Proud swagger out of the schoolyard

Waiting for the world's applause

Rebel without a conscience

Martyr without a cause

Static on your frequency

Electrical storm in your veins

Raging at unreachable glory

Straining at invisible chains

And now you're trembling on a rocky ledge

Staring down into a heartless sea

Can't face life on a razor's edge

Nothing's what you thought it would be 

All of us get lost in the darkness 

Dreamers learn to steer by the stars

All of us do time in the gutter

Dreamers turn to look at the cars 

Turn around and turn around and turn around

Turn around and walk the razor's edge

Don't turn your back and slam the door on me

It's not as if this barricade blocks the only road

It's not as if you're all alone in wanting to explode

Someone set a bad example, made surrender seem alright 

It's not as if you're all alone in wanting to explode

Someone set a bad example

Made surrender seem alright

The act of a noble warrior

Who lost the will to fight

And now you're trembling on a rocky ledge 

Staring down into a heartless sea

Done with life on a razor's edge

Nothing's what you thought it would be

Don't turn your back and slam the door on me

No hero in your tragedy 

No daring in your escape

No salutes for your surrender

Nothing noble in your fate

Christ, what have you done.

Don't turn your back and slam the door on me.

- Neil Peart

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Best game of the year? No Bogo, team plays great.  Are we surprised?

Hutton 4-0 in last 4 starts.

Hutton’s recent play is a low-key shocking development.

And a win in the 2nd half of February to keep the season alive, when last year’s team had begun its irreversible nose dive at this point, with all those sweet 3rd-period goals (including the very nifty feed from Risto to Vesey!)?

yessir — best W of the year.  

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

#### all of you.  We were out numbered 19-1.  Any one of you could've bought a ticket the Loafs fans bought.  

It was one of the loudest the Sabres fans have been at games this season, and we only had 1,000 in the crowd.

I’ve never been to a game in Buffalo and haven’t even bought any Sabres merchandise in years.

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Spent the day with the family today and then capped it off with a recording of what I expected would be another frustrating disappointment and wow, what a way to cap off the day.

I think that was the most fun Sabres game of the year (hate the Leafs). What a pleasant surprise! 

Looked like we might fold in the 3rd but bounced back and stuck it to them with their own game - only better. This game gives one hope for the future.

Been criticising the rotating D man plan all year and now that we seem to have settled on 3 pairings they are so much better. Why did this take so long? The lines look so much more balanced as well. Better chemistry on them. You can see how badly we missed Olofsson (we are a thin team with little depth). I don't even have anything bad to say about Reinhart tonight ?

If I have any critique, I didn't like the way Hyman easily muscled Montour off the puck and we are still weak in front of the net but man, this game does give one hope!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, forgot to mention. What kind of wheaties did Okposo switch to? That goal was beautiful.

Glad to see you enjoyed the game, I was starting to worry about you.

Bolded......Flutie Flakes, LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.