Gilmour and Hammond Called Up

Brawndo

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Oh and the Amerks are playing today..ugh. 

Assuming that after practice this morning one of Hammond or Johansson get sent down to backup Luukkonnen.  Otherwise, they'd be benching an emergency goalie.  Would they bring a beer league scrub from Ra-cha-cha with them, or would they suit up a beer league scrub loaned to them by the Crunch?

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Assuming that after practice this morning one of Hammond or Johansson get sent down to backup Luukkonnen.  Otherwise, they'd be benching an emergency goalie.  Would they bring a beer league scrub from Ra-cha-cha with them, or would they suit up a beer league scrub loaned to them by the Crunch?

I've never had as many headscracthing momemets under any GM as Botterill.  I just don't know WTF he's doing.  (That makes two of us? ?

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They called up a Cincy Goalie.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

So, Cincy gets to use 2 emergency goalies?  Cool.  Their fans get to start cursing Botterill too.  ?

On their current roster, Michael Hauser has played 19 games for them, Jamie Phillips has played 3 games.  Not exactly emergency goalies in the vein of Ryan Vinz.

Educate me here.  I wouldn't think a team needs to make a formal call-up to have practice bodies, but does it?  If they just wanted an extra goalie or skater(s) for practice do they have to put them on the roster?  Or could they just borrow players from Rochester for the practice session and send them back down the Thruway after practice?

Thanks in advance for serious answers.

1 hour ago, I Remember Imlach said:

Educate me here.  I wouldn't think a team needs to make a formal call-up to have practice bodies, but does it?  If they just wanted an extra goalie or skater(s) for practice do they have to put them on the roster?  Or could they just borrow players from Rochester for the practice session and send them back down the Thruway after practice?

Thanks in advance for serious answers.

Until after the trade deadline, the team may have a max of 23 healthy bodies on the active roster.  If a goalie is incapacitated, they may make an "emergency callup" to have 2 available to them.

Provided it doesn't put them over the 23 man limit, a team can call players up from the farm.  But if they do so, and the player(s) practice(s), he/they get their NHL salary for that day.  So the team needs to have the cap room to bring them up.

After the trade deadline, the only limit on how many players can be up is the salary cap.  As long as they stay within their cap, they can have as many players they have signed up as they want.

So, yes, a team needs to formally call a player up to have him in practice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.