Bogosian Signs a 1.3 Million Dollar Deal with Tampa

Brawndo

Wow.

I wonder if they'll send him to Rochester if he clears.  I'd guess not, as it seems like there might be a bad attitude issue that they'd want to keep away from the kids, but it's not impossible.

I hope someone picks him up and gives him a chance, but I'm skeptical. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So what does this mean?

It's like something out of a dream...

No one wanted to trade for him and we've got better defensemen than him. I guess the hope is (edit: maybe some GM just take a flier...)  he doesn't report to Rochester and we can ditch the contract early?

Edited by DarthEbriate

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

agreed.

he's a pending UFA, better late than never?

or maybe the expectation is he clears, which saves them $1mil of cap for other moves at the deadline

I guess if they wanted that 1 mil in cap they could have waived him months ago. Botterill must have thought he could actually trade that contract. Amazing.

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I guess if they wanted that 1 mil in cap they could have waived him months ago. Botterill must have thought he could actually trade that contract. Amazing.

Give him credit for trying I guess. Not like waiving him months ago would have given us anything that it's not giving us now

I just don't like how this was handled earlier. As soon as Bogo and Pilut came off IR, Pilut went to ROC and Bogo should have been given a conditioning assignment of 4-5 games so we could see what he could do (and maybe he looks good and we can move him quickly). But the longer it dragged out and it's been shown he's not yet fully recovered, his value to us on-ice and off-ice isn't there.

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Wow.

I wonder if they'll send him to Rochester if he clears.  I'd guess not, as it seems like there might be a bad attitude issue that they'd want to keep away from the kids, but it's not impossible.

I hope someone picks him up and gives him a chance, but I'm skeptical. 

I hear there is a press box seat in Cincinnati with his name on it.

Honestly, the guy should have stayed on IR all year, worked to get his body in shape and healthy and then try a comeback next season.  Now it looks like he has nothing left and I doubt he gets a contract next season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm hoping it's because we have a deal in place and need the cap space. I doubt that but I'm hoping

I'm assuming it's because he wanted the cap space and roster spot to bring up some kids from Roc to get a look at them before they get to the playoffs. Or maybe Tage is ready to come off LTIR. Nope.

Edited by darksabre

I, for one, will miss Concept of Bogosian.  He had a particular set of talents that we could use.  

I wonder what went wrong.  My gut tells me his injuries at mid season every year were of the nagging variety that would have been handled differently if we were a team with hope.  I think he’s another that lost his love for the game as a result of the debacle that has been Sabres hockey for the last 7 seasons.  And now the combo of continued no hope and the diminishing skills after missing so much time has him on the outside looking in.

I hold no negative emotions over Bogo.  It should have worked out better than it did.

• Like (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.