Bogosian Signs a 1.3 Million Dollar Deal with Tampa

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

BYEEeEeEeEeE

I wonder if he feels free to beat up his twitter hecklers now. Con artist got paid millions to not play good hockey and Murray was dumb enough to foot the rest of the bill. Good riddance. Things are already better since he’s been gone

Slightly harsh.  He is by all accounts a good guy.  He just got injured a lot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I wonder why, if this was going to be the outcome, Bogosian and Buffalo didn’t just agree to a mutual contract termination?  Perhaps it’s an easier or faster process in a case where the player is suspended?

Maybe he and his agent thought someone would pick him up?  It probably wasn't a reasonable belief but such is life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I wonder why, if this was going to be the outcome, Bogosian and Buffalo didn’t just agree to a mutual contract termination?  Perhaps it’s an easier or faster process in a case where the player is suspended?

Don't you think he thought Terry/JB were going to pay the remainder of his salary (a la David Backes) and not have to report?  

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

Don't you think he thought Terry/JB were going to pay the remainder of his salary (a la David Backes) and not have to report?  

Well, these are real people who work together, so I would assume that before waiving him, they have a conversation.  Tell him that they are planning to waive him and then send him to Rochester.  If he had no intention of reporting to Rochester, which would lead to a suspension, you would think he would just tell them.  Instead of going through the hoopla, they could just terminate the contract.

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Evidence?  Being the teams joker in the locker room doesn’t mean ‘good guy’.  Call him a victim of his own contract if you wish, but he would have been in the KHL years ago without it. 

People generally say nice things about him.  Hasn’t he been described as Eichel’s best friend on the team?

Yes, I think he is a victim of his contract.  If he was making $1M per year all these years, no one would care to speak ill of him.

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Well, these are real people who work together, so I would assume that before waiving him, they have a conversation.  Tell him that they are planning to waive him and then send him to Rochester.  If he had no intention of reporting to Rochester, which would lead to a suspension, you would think he would just tell them.  Instead of going through the hoopla, they could just terminate the contract.

Exactly.  It seems like they could have shorted circuited all this given the result.  So they probably communicated a lot less than one would like.  

Edited by Pimlach

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Exactly.  It seems like they could have shorted circuited all this given the result.  So they probably communicated a lot less than one would like.  

I’m going to go with what GA said.  Bogo was probably hoping that someone would pick him up from waivers.  It was unlikely, but for amount of money Bogo stood to keep, it was worth a shot and there was no reason for Buffalo to not oblige him.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I’m going to go with what GA said.  Bogo was probably hoping that someone would pick him up from waivers.  It was unlikely, but for amount of money Bogo stood to keep, it was worth a shot.

The funny thing is if he had reported the Sabres would still pay him his full NHL contract and the Sabres would only save about $1 mill in cap.  By not reporting we save his entire cap and he loses his remaining salary or about 1.4 mill.  Stupid.

Maybe he now hopes the Sabres lend him to another organization like they did with Moulson.  I doubt this was done in a vacuum.  I'm sure Jbot discussed the situation with him and gave him to info other team's GMs were saying.  

If I'm Jbot I terminate the contract.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The funny thing is if he had reported the Sabres would still pay him his full NHL contract and the Sabres would only save about $1 mill in cap.  By not reporting we save his entire cap and he loses his remaining salary or about 1.4 mill.  Stupid.

Maybe he now hopes the Sabres lend him to another organization like they did with Moulson.  I doubt this was done in a vacuum.  I'm sure Jbot discussed the situation with him and gave him to info other team's GMs were saying.  

Moulson didn’t openly demand trades. Reap what you sow

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That shows it’s not all about the money for him.  If it was, he would just go to the AHL, as you say.  He wants to try to catch on with a team and show he can play in the NHL.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

That shows it’s not all about the money for him.  If it was, he would just go to the AHL, as you say.  He wants to try to catch on with a team and show he can play in the NHL.

Eh, I could say that he wants to show he can play in the NHL, in the NHL, because he’s trying to show off for his next contract. And he wasn’t going to do that in Buffalo and might not believe he could in Rochester. He’s forfeiting 1.4mil to salvage his career where he’s poised to make more. 

5 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Eh, I could say that he wants to show he can play in the NHL, in the NHL, because he’s trying to show off for his next contract. And he wasn’t going to do that in Buffalo and might not believe he could in Rochester. He’s forfeiting 1.4mil to salvage his career where he’s poised to make more. 

Yeah, sure.  That’s possible.

I just don’t think it’s fair to describe Bogo as some big whiny pouter.  I think he is a guy who has been through a lot to try to continue to be an NHL player and just wants a chance to play somewhere.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, sure.  That’s possible.

I just don’t think it’s fair to describe Bogo as some big whiny pouter.  I think he is a guy who has been through a lot to try to continue to be an NHL player and just wants a chance to play somewhere.

Except, you know, fix the same injury he’s had for a decade 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.