Bogosian Signs a 1.3 Million Dollar Deal with Tampa

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

What if he retires?

That would be treated the same as not reporting if he retired before the end of the season. He forfeits his remaining salary. 

according to capfriendly... he’s making $21,900 a day. So that’s a lot of $$$ to walk away from. 

Edited by Zamboni

16 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Totally agreed and it wouldn't be my move, but if he doesn't want to ride a bus there aren't that many options. He can refuse to report and hope there is another deal out there for him

This is the absolute worst time possible to refuse to report. He’s going to play it by the book right now in hopes of a trade going through. If the deadline passes and nothing happens, that’s when he’d walk out if he didn’t want to be in Rochester. 

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

That would be treated the same as not reporting if he retired before the end of the season. He forfeits his remaining salary. 

according to capfriendly... he’s making $21,900 a day. So that’s a lot of $$$ to walk away from. 

I hope he reports to Rochester and helps them out.  He seems like a good hockey guy.  

He should play this smart - just get paid and if your playing career is cut short, maybe you can do something in coaching or scouting down the road.  He is just 29 and he needs to think carefully  about what’s next for him. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I didn’t realize that he’s only 29. 

He needs to get TF over it, report to Rochester, work his butt off, not complain and get himself another contract.

He’s still good enough of get paid to play in the NHL for another few years.  

My prediction is he semi-retires for now... re-evaluates his career (he has a young daughter) over the next few months, then decides to give it one more shot and puts the time and effort into getting his body into peak condition... latches on with some random team willing to give him a PTO during pre-season and lands a one year deal, plays another 2-3 seasons then calls it a career moving into the TV booth as a color commentator for a western Canadian team and making guest appearances on HNIC and whatnot similar trajectory to Kevin BIeksa.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I didn’t realize that he’s only 29. 

He needs to get TF over it, report to Rochester, work his butt off, not complain and get himself another contract.

He’s still good enough of get paid to play in the NHL for another few years.  

If he's not good enough to player for us, I'm not sure this is true. His skating used to be good enough to cover up his other problems, but now he can't skate, so not sure what value he brings 

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

My prediction is he semi-retires for now... re-evaluates his career (he has a young daughter) over the next few months, then decides to give it one more shot and puts the time and effort into getting his body into peak condition... latches on with some random team willing to give him a PTO during pre-season and lands a one year deal, plays another 2-3 seasons then calls it a career moving into the TV booth as a color commentator for a western Canadian team and making guest appearances on HNIC and whatnot similar trajectory to Kevin BIeksa.

This is only part that doesn’t make sense to me.  He is from Massena, NY and his wife is from Massachusetts, so I doubt he sets up his post playing life in western Canada.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Can you be more specific?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If he's not good enough to player for us, I'm not sure this is true. His skating used to be good enough to cover up his other problems, but now he can't skate, so not sure what value he brings 

This is it. I’ve never moved into the bunker (just stopped by to share some wings for from time to time) but this year’s Bogosian goes zero to 30 in 11 seconds and tops out at 35. The man did not come back the same from his hip surgery.

Related, has anyone else noticed how Botterill has slowly squandered our defence depth? If we don’t move Frolik by the deadline, Scandella and Bogosian together will have netted us a big, fat nothing.

If Montour or Risto goes for a centre we’re back to having a big hole to fill in our top four again.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

Can we bank on this?

If we were playing Card Sharks I’d say this a high number.  My guess is this not like Moulson where there was over 1.5 years at $5m AAV and he needed to be a good little soldier.  I’m sure he has to get with agent and look at all options but the situation is toxic.  I heard second hand from someone with knowledge that it was a retirement.  But if the agent gets no feelers, Bogo might not want to lose the 1/3 of this years salary and report.  

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Related, has anyone else noticed how Botterill has slowly squandered our defence depth? If we don’t move Frolik by the deadline, Scandella and Bogosian together will have netted us a big, fat nothing.

If Montour or Risto goes for a centre we’re back to having a big hole to fill in our top four again.

I think he's going to bank on big steps from Dahlin and Jokiharju next season. 

I could see that paying off if he does it

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Bogosian has no trade value.  He is always hurt, he’s not very good when he plays, and he makes a lot of money.

Scandella had a little trade value because he was playing reasonably well, but he wasn’t cheap and he was a rental.

Neither of those two were going to help the defensive depth beyond this season.  Did you expect that one of them would be traded for a 2C?  Im just a little confused about what you think was squandered.

Defense next season: 

LD: Dahlin, McCabe, Pilut

RD: Jokiharju, Risto, Montour, Miller, Borgen

It looks to me like the D still has the depth to absorb a Risto/Montour teade for a C and make it a net positive for Buffalo.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.