Kevyn Adams Admits Jersey Deadline Was Missed

Brawndo

9 hours ago, Curt said:

Yes, probably true.  It’s also true that tons of fans have been throwing money at the team for years to get the privilege of season tickets for a crap product.

Just because someone is willing to buy it doesn’t prove that it’s not terrible.

Mmmmm-kay. You do know that jersey was the top seller in the NHL when it came out, right? I get you and others didn't like it. But don't make blanket statements that don't make sense. One person could buy something awful, but tens of thousands?

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mmmmm-kay. You do know that jersey was the top seller in the NHL when it came out, right? I get you and others didn't like it. But don't make blanket statements that don't make sense. One person could buy something awful, but tens of thousands?

Yes, tens of thousands of people will buy something terrible.  Happens all the time.

It doesn’t matter.  If someone bought it and loves it, that’s fine, but I still think that logo is so ugly.  That’s not going to change, even if all 7 billion people on the planet bought 1,000 slug jerseys each.  It makes total sense to me.  It’s my opinion.  You can’t prove to me that they are not awful, just as you can’t prove that blue and gold is better that red and black.  It’s an aesthetic opinion, it’s unprovable.

I loved those teams though.

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

One person could buy something awful, but tens of thousands?

McDonald's doesn't exactly make the best cheeseburgers in the world, and Justin Bieber's music is objectively awful.  Don't confuse popularity with quality.  Those sweaters sold because the team kicked ass.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You do know that a move to B&G had been rumored (correctly) to be in the works ever since the team wore them on the ice that 1 game when Golisano bought the team, right?

Many people delayed buying Goathead merchandise after that in anticipation of the return to B&G with a charging buffalo and crossed swords.  And that last season in Goatheads the team was an injury or 2 away from winning the Stanley Cup.  THOUSANDS of people were standing OUTSIDE the MMArena to watch the games.  There was a serious pent up demand.

You also know that a uniform revamp, once done, HAS TO REMAIN for THREE YEARS.  So, with all of that, you seriously think that people that had been waiting for ~3 years to buy merchandise were going to wait 3 MORE years to buy when there was already hysteria in the marketplace?  That people bought those sweaters with the abominable snot smears is a testament to how good the team was and how fun those games were to watch.  It was NOT a reflection on the new logos being good.  It was simply another failed attempt by Quinn to take ownership of something that didn't rightfully belong to him.  And even he realized it was a #### up pretty early on.  He lied and said they were unable to go to royal blue because the dyes were too tough to produce reproducibly, but he had vintage thirds available early that season even though it technically violated league equipment rules.

People were ready to buy uniforms that made the Gorton's Fisherman clown unis & logos look good.  And they did.  That was the single most ridiculous logo the NHL has ever seen as a primary logo and to botch it THAT badly is mind boggling.  Heck of a job there, Quinny.  Heck of a job.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.