GDT Blue Jackets at Sabres 2/13/20, 7pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

I can't.  The Sabres have completely sucked my soul dry. I don't have a single ***** to give.  I'm dead inside. 

You want to know when I did feel something. When McCabe went all Chara on Robinson. That is what the fanbase craves. Players that give a crap and defend their own. 

Wins and losses come and go but if you put a team out there that has a spine, the fans will allow some down times.  

Fluffy-Somber-Gazelle-size-restricted.gi

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Possibly.  Thing is, those 6 skaters can be mix and matched depending upon matchups.  And it's very likely (rightly or wrongly) that the 4th line will have 2 of Mittelstadt, Thompson, &/or Cozens on it.  (Minimum 1 of those 3.) And they probably do end up good enough to be a useful 4th line.

All comes down to bringing in a 2C. Same issue as last summer, same issue as the summer before. 

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They play BTO after every win.  (Always seems the player is at Let It Ride when Eichel finally gets interviewed.)  And they play it for TCoB.

Nice to see my ok boomer generation represented.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

All comes down to bringing in a 2C. Same issue as last summer, same issue as the summer before. 

Frustrating as all get out that due to whatever factor (lack of cap space, unwillingness to trade prospects/picks which arguably could be "mortgage" a small portion of the future, incompetence, other?) they simply haven't had one since trading away ...

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

I can't.  The Sabres have completely sucked my soul dry. I don't have a single ***** to give.  I'm dead inside. 

You want to know when I did feel something. When McCabe went all Chara on Robinson. That is what the fanbase craves. Players that give a crap and defend their own. 

Wins and losses come and go but if you put a team out there that has a spine, the fans will allow some down times.  

That really changed the tone of the game. 

McCabe broke his stick cross checking the back of him. That had to hurt. They don't wear that much padding that that didn't leave a mark on his rib cage.

Hutton won't say anything but that had to inspire him to be better.

Let me say this, I honestly believe we are within 4 pts of the playoffs if Olofsson doesn't get injured. He has, over the yea,r turned into a solid all around player and gives us a chance on every powerplay to get a goal since no one else on the team can pull off his shot besides Eichel. Just think of all the times while he was out where we had powerplays where MoJo or another failed to get a solid shot or accurate shot off after receiving their cross-ice pass. Even just two or three of those likely flips a few games.

Olofsson understands what he is good at, and plays to make the most of it. Most of our players, when they play within themselves are solid players; but too often are at least half of them attempting to play too cute or fancy. 

It was great to see a comeback win reminiscent of the 2000's Sabres which was rather fitting.

Eichel is overjoyed to have Olofsson back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Dude, That game was great. You need to find a way to enjoy something like that.

1 hour ago, ... said:

Aren't Duff and Marty both married? Not to each other, but, you know, wives at home. Where are their rings?

I don't wear my ring, either. My wife know I love her and don't cheat on her.

I think Olofsson is really getting to be something. You can tell that Jack really likes playing with him, as well. Watch that post game interview.

Jack is going through the motions answering robotically to dumb athlete questions, then someone asks him about Olofsson. His entire demeanor changes. His face relaxes and his eyes light up. I think if he stays healthy, we make the playoffs.

Even Skinner's line played better with him in the lineup.

Edited by SwampD

Oh, and right before the time and score graphic is inserted at the start of the second period, you can hear someone burp on the broadcast. My guess is Ray as he was the only one not talking at the time.

Awesome.

Edited by SwampD

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

As a side note to all of this.

It was great to see Tim Connelly and how healthy he looks.

So talented and a career to be cut short due to head injuries and to come back looking to be in a good place was nice to see.

Did they interview him between periods?  I missed him. 

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

The puck possession, positioning and passing by Columbus is far superior in every aspect of the game. Buffalo is not winning this game.

Well, you're not wr.... errrrrrr. ?

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I don't know how anyone gets excited by this crap anymore. I didn't even flinch when they scored. Wins means nothing goals means nothing this team means nothing. Kill me now. 

But you are still here.  Why do you do this to yourself?  Find something that makes you happy.  Let me just say this... ERod did say in his postgame interview "They came hard".  Did you stick around to hear that?  If you did, I figured you might at least be inspired that phrase.  

54 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Miller's OT backcheck was pretty cool

Dude was bustin it.

29 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Frolik had one during regulation that nullified an odd-man rush.  He put his head down and skated hard to break up the play from behind.

As well.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

They did. He was great. It's a shame his prime years were taken away from him.

Yes.. his hands.. they could be magic.  (See Inky, I'm still trying to help you out here).

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.