GDT Blue Jackets at Sabres 2/13/20, 7pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Put a sniper with Jack, and this what he gives you.

Exactly this. Eichel takes a good player and makes him great. And it maximizes Jack. 100 point quest back on. 

That was a signature performance from Jack in his young career. Fantastic play on 3 goals. I would say the Captain decided to do something about the booing, but, he does that type of stuff all the time. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't know how anyone gets excited by this crap anymore. I didn't even flinch when they scored. Wins means nothing goals means nothing this team means nothing. Kill me now. 

Sounds like you wasted your night…

• Like (+1) 1

Just think where they could be right now if they'd have found an actual 2C.  The 1st line is set and it was good to see it together again.  The checking line is solid & I expect Larsson & Girgensons back so they've got that covered.  They've got enough spare parts to make the 4th line acceptable.  And if they have a legit 2C, then Skinner & Johansson would be fine, too.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Just think where they could be right now if they'd have found an actual 2C.  The 1st line is set and it was good to see it together again.  The checking line is solid & I expect Larsson & Girgensons back so they've got that covered.  They've got enough spare parts to make the 4th line acceptable.  And if they have a legit 2C, then Skinner & Johansson would be fine, too.

If they can keep Zemgus, Larry and Lazar around, then building one line centered around Skinner and another for Johansson to be effective feels a lot easier. Having to also build a fourth line that can function on top of that feels like too much.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Even I yelled.

I can't.  The Sabres have completely sucked my soul dry. I don't have a single ***** to give.  I'm dead inside. 

You want to know when I did feel something. When McCabe went all Chara on Robinson. That is what the fanbase craves. Players that give a crap and defend their own. 

Wins and losses come and go but if you put a team out there that has a spine, the fans will allow some down times.  

Well that was a pleasant surprise!

We looked much more like a real hockey team in this game and we saw just how our star, Eichel, can turn a hockey game on his own. They were much stronger than us on the wall and in front of the net but Hutton actually made some good saves at times and it was refreshing to see some physical push back. Kudos to McCabe, even if he maybe gave one too many, it was still good to see. Team played more like a team. Well done.

Jack is a dominant player in 3 on 3 OT. 

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Watch Victor, then watch film of Kucherov circa 2015. Let me know if you see a difference. I sure don't.

Hmm, interesting thought.  2015 Kucherov was 2-3 years younger than Olofsson is now though.

Edited by Curt

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

If they can keep Zemgus, Larry and Lazar around, then building one line centered around Skinner and another for Johansson to be effective feels a lot easier. Having to also build a fourth line that can function on top of that feels like too much.

Possibly.  Thing is, those 6 skaters can be mix and matched depending upon matchups.  And it's very likely (rightly or wrongly) that the 4th line will have 2 of Mittelstadt, Thompson, &/or Cozens on it.  (Minimum 1 of those 3.) And they probably do end up good enough to be a useful 4th line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.