Did Lafontaine hire GMTM to fail?

Brawndo

19 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Well, some do, but they signed NDAs apparently. 

And this, I believe, is why PLF's departure was, at least technically, a resignation. NDA's are standard fare in employment agreements - boilerplate even. But the silence that has surrounded that dust-up seems to emanate from an NDA with more teeth than your average employment agreement's covenant. Like, an NDA that was part of a severance/buy-out deal -- i.e., something with real money attached to it.

Edited by That Aud Smell

58 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This was never a question, to me.  Same goes for Ted Black.

It's been a minute since I thought about it. But yeah - those dudes definitely "resigned." It is sort of amazing that nothing much has leaked. Ever.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Too many syllables.

Nah - it works! Try it. Sounds like BahTEEStah!

He probably mean that he hired him to "fail" in the sense he hired him to "tank". I.e - Pat was complicit in the plan to tank. That Pat left for other reasons, not because he was anti-tank. He was "actively sabotaging the organization" only in the sense that the plan to tank was, as a whole. 

Saying "hiring him to fail" is just a click-bait way of putting it. 

On 2/12/2020 at 11:59 AM, Mike Oxhurtz said:

I'm still curious as to what happened with the PLF/Pegula break up? 

To Quote Mia Wallace  

"Truth is, nobody knows why Marcellus threw Tony out of that four story window except Marcellus and Tony. When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle." 

Marcellus is TPegs

PLF is Tony.

The similarities also follow 

Mia : He Fell out of a window.

Vincent : Hmm, hmm. Well, that is one way to say it. Another way to say it would be that he was thrown out. Another way would be that he was thrown out by Marcellus. And yet even another way to say it was that he was thrown out of the window by Marcellus because of you.

Mia : Is that a fact?

Vincent : No, no. It's not a fact, it's just what I heard. It's just what I heard.

PLT was fired by Terry because of something.  Probably not for giving Kim a foot massage.  

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 3:23 PM, Broken Ankles said:

It makes no sense whatsoever.  Tim Murray reported in to PLT and it was assumed that PLT would be involved in all aspects of what a GM does (UFA signings, trades, etc).  PLT was not close to what was happening in the amateur leagues and TM was seen as a scouting guru.   PLT hired TM because he was lacking and felt TM could improve this shortcoming in the scouting department.  I can see where you hope your supervisor fails at something, so you can move up one rung, but not the other way around. Patty was a defacto GM at the time he left.   Whatever disagreements he had were at a level higher than him, not lower. 

Tim Murray reported to Terry, or at least that was established during the less than two months Tim and Pat were together.

jw

Not all are onboard with tanking or the act of purposely losing...I kinda get the feeling Pat was dead against it and left because he could not go along with the tank years...ex GMTM was hired to purposely lose to get McDavid and that was seen as the way to the promised land. Even after getting bumped down ex GMTM did in fact get jack and ROR and immediately strengthen the team down the center, where it has been debated is where one must start to build any team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.