GDT Anaheim Ducks at Sabres 2/9/20 3pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Bourbon is for winners, Tondas.

I must say, since I busted out the bourbon, Jonas saved a penalty shot and we scored.  Since I'm such a fan, I'm going to drink twice as much in the second period.  You can all thank me later, if I'm still able to read.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Alright, now we got them right where they want us!

Damm if Jack converts that last one it’s a whole new game.  

Time to re-group.  Get the play level back to the Rangers game and get going.  This is not over.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I must say, since I busted out the bourbon, Jonas saved a penalty shot and we scored.  Since I'm such a fan, I'm going to drink twice as much in the second period.  You can all thank me later, if I'm still able to read.

That’s some selfless heart and determination!  Hopefully it rubs off on the team.

5 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Way to take one for the team!   

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Eh. I'll join you.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Skinner - ERod- Sheary is a terrible line and so far they look the part.   Terrible in every facet of the game so far.  

Mojo is out so we are missing our fake center.  

Frolik NOT playing limited duty on the 4th line speaks volumes on how bad our forwards really are. 

Maybe Jack and Sam can carry us?  Maybe the defense can chip in too.  

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Really?   You like the hooking calls of today?   I guess you would.  Power plays are very  important to get scoring today.  

So you are a fan of clutching, grabbing, holding, interfering and slashing that prevent players like Eichel & Dahlin show their true merit? 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Skinner - ERod- Sheary is a terrible line and so far they look the part.   Terrible in every facet of the game so far.  

Mojo is out so we are missing our fake center.  

Frolik NOT playing limited duty on the 4th line speaks volumes on how bad our forwards really are. 

Maybe Jack and Sam can carry us?  Maybe the defense can chip in too.  

I don't blame Erod, being weighed down with wingers like that. Give him some decent linemates!

• Haha (+1) 1

*Conversation with my wife, I say do we bother to check the score of the game*

Her: I haven't looked yet, so you might as well check

Me: Turns to MSG... intermission show says down 3-1 after one.

Together: Well at least they got one. *changes channel*

We've come to the point of total apathy. Congrats Terry.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

So you are a fan of clutching, grabbing, holding, interfering and slashing that prevent players like Eichel & Dahlin show their true merit? 

No.  Are you  a fan of excessive extrapolation?   How about gross exaggerations?   

Believe it or not, I can complain about the soft hooking calls in today’s game  and STILL NOT “be a fan of clutching, grabbing, holding, interfering and slashing that prevent players like Eichel & Dahlin show their true merit?”  

All I said is there was a time when that penalty shot would not have even drawn a hook.  Different time, different game.  

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I'm getting really close to that too.  I've been buying the center ice package for as long as it's been offered and I'm 50/50 on getting it again next year.  I'm tired of wondering if it's the coach, GM, players and I'm getting tired of caring about which one.  

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

I'm getting really close to that too.  I've been buying the center ice package for as long as it's been offered and I'm 50/50 on getting it again next year.  I'm tired of wondering if it's the coach, GM, players and I'm getting tired of caring about which one.  

I'm in for life.  The $150 per year is a small price to pay for all this aggravation.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

I cannot stand this coaching staff.  They still to refuse to play Skinner with Jack, but today the seem to not want to play Lazar?  Why?  He deserves the ice much more than some of the other guys doing nothing at all.

Keeping him fresh for OT face-offs

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I am going to continue to buy NHL.TV and watch every game, the highlights, and the interviews.  In addition I will buy tickets to attend every game I can when I’m in town.  

I have been there since season 1.  Not gonna stop ever, despite the cr@ppy product.  My wife knows this and let’s this character flaw go as I am a good husband and father - my Sabres lunacy is forgiven. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.