Official NHL to Play in the Olympics in 2022

Brawndo

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Any one that does not make a living at whatever sport they are playing where ever thay play it.  Endorsements are fine.  Living expenses are fine.  No age limit, like WJC.  I love(d) Dave Hannan, but I would not have allowed him to do what he did.

I understand your point.  I used to have the same opinion but I have to say that I love having the best players in the world from each country.  I'm sure you must agree that it is exciting to see them play together.

If not the Olympics then I would hope that they could play in some other tournament.  The Canada Cup was pretty good but the timing was a bit rough for the players especially if they had a long playoff run.

6 minutes ago, Digger said:

I understand your point.  I used to have the same opinion but I have to say that I love having the best players in the world from each country.  I'm sure you must agree that it is exciting to see them play together.

If not the Olympics then I would hope that they could play in some other tournament.  The Canada Cup was pretty good but the timing was a bit rough for the players especially if they had a long playoff run.

It's because the NHL is inept at putting together a proper tournament. The young stars thing was "fun" I guess but it made the whole thing feel like a gimmick. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.