Lee Fogolin, Spinner Spencer and a White Cashmere Cat

woods-racer

Rob Ray brought this up during the game and laughed when he said it and muttered something about he could only tell it off the air.

It's a must know story now.

The story of Brian *Spinner* Spencer is horrifically fascinating in and of itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Spencer

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/sports-legend-revealed-a-father-of-an-nhl-player-held-up-a-tv-station-to-force-them-to-show-his-sons.html

A shout out to @pimlach for throwing it the game day thread, because sitting here this morning I knew I needed to remember something about last nights game....

Edited by woods-racer
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do we really want to know? If this is about animal abuse, no thanks. And it's at least the second time Rob has mentioned it on the air.

Inquiring minds want to know!

How did you come up with animal abuse? That never entered into my mind. 

You holding out? ?

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do we really want to know? If this is about animal abuse, no thanks. And it's at least the second time Rob has mentioned it on the air.

Animal abuse?    Why do people think the worst of everything?  Clearly it’s a funny story that is not rated for TV.  The cat may not even be a real one for all we know.  

Spinner’s story is mostly a sad one.  A hard working fan favorite.   Unfortunately fell victim to Alcohol and drug abuse, like lots of athletes that come up from the bottom.  

Fogolin was very young and probably impressionable at that time.  He was a tough kid, solid player.  I hated when we lost him to expansion.  He was a stud with Edmonton. He turned out like we expected him too.  Stay at home defenseman and tough as hell.  

I don't know the cat story though. ?  Probably best that way.  

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Animal abuse?    Why do people think the worst of everything?  Clearly it’s a funny story that is not rated for TV.  The cat may not even be a real one for all we know.  

Spinner’s story is mostly a sad one.  A hard working fan favorite.   Unfortunately fell victim to Alcohol and drug abuse, like lots of athletes that come up from the bottom.  

Fogolin was very young and probably impressionable at that time.  He was a tough kid, solid player.  I hated when we lost him to expansion.  He was a stud with Edmonton. He turned out like we expected him too.  Stay at home defenseman and tough as hell.  

I don't know the cat story though. ?  Probably best that way.  

Fogolin was a stud on defense, the defensive defensemen when Edmonton won cups.

I picture his much younger double-ganger with Dahlin. Just how I imagine a balanced D-pairing I guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.