GDT: Sabres at Rangers 2/7/20 7pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Kristian said:

I'm probably one of the WORST sportsbetters in the world, so I'm taking one for the team here and placing a bet on the Rangers.

You can all thank me later.

I've actually considered to start sports gambling and just betting against the sabres for the rest of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Bold prediction:  Sabres score the first goal, then go on to lose 11-1.  Terry finally shows up for a game and fires JBot and RFK before they leave MSG.  Chris Taylor promoted to interim coach for the rest of the season.  Ray Shero hired as GM.

From your lips to God's ears.

For us Atheists, sounds good to me.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I don't intend for this to be an anti-Reinhart comment, just an observation.

Start counting the number of times Reinhart is in sole possession of the puck, looking to do something with it, maybe skating or maybe stationery, and then simply gets blown up by an opponent, ends up flat on the ice, gives up the puck, the opponent retrieves the puck, and then does something with it  benefitting the other team.

This usually happens at least once per game.

The term "strong on his skates" never applied to Reinhart.

He is like a weak child out there.  I realize absolutely nothing to do with physicality is his game; it's all mental with him and his vision/creativity is what will keep him in the league and scoring points at a reasonable clip...

But this guy would get his ass pounded in a typical 7 game series against a big, heavy, western conference team in the playoffs.

Good thing we aren't in the western conference.

This happens to every single player in every single game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Two positives:

1. No Pierre tonight.

2. Looks like Geogiev in net.  Is he their 3rd best?  Watched some of the new kid vs Leafs on Weds - Shesterkin - TSN was hyping him up big.  Looked athletic but smaller than average.  What do Rangers need for their run?  Maybe we can get a goalie back.

People should watch Shesterkin, he is the real deal. He stole the game from the Leafs. Even Henrik said "It's Igors time now!" Had some truly outstanding numbers in KHL. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Bold prediction:  Sabres score the first goal, then go on to lose 11-1.  Terry finally shows up for a game and fires JBot and RFK before they leave MSG.  Chris Taylor promoted to interim coach for the rest of the season.  Ray Shero hired as GM.

They often start of fast and tease you until it all comes apart, which generally doesn't take too long.  Look at their record early on the last two seasons.  It's like they're only in condition to put out for a few games or a few minutes, or all of the above.  Terry needs to blow it up.

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Going to the game as a result of Sabrespacers... 3 month post chemo tests next Tuesday... as everyone says hoping for effort... heck its Friday night, Im off, with family in NYC... regardless a great time will be had by all!  Go Sabres.

I hope we crush them for you man. Have a great time!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Shero?  Do Better (or so I have heard)....

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Good stuff. Montreal led most of the night and the Sabres had won only once in their previous nine games after winning the first two games of the lockout-shortened 2012-2013 season. That'll harsh the vibe. Good to see Terry represented by that wine glass (think W. as an asterisk in all those Doonesbury cartoons). The Sabres would come from two goals down in the third, tying the game on a Vanek goal with 2 seconds and then winning in a shootout, then firing Lindy Ruff about two weeks later. Good times!

I was at this game. Went with my gf at the time for her bday, and she made us leave with about 5 minutes left because she wanted to hit up Chippewa. 

15 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Pilut has not looked nearly as good this year.

We have made really good strides on defense this season and in comparison to even Miller  he just isn't strong enough to take on an NHL forward..

If the Sabres decide to keep RIsto, build a group of 7 blueliners around Risto, Dahlin and Joker.  Bogo gone, Pilut in Rochester and good as an emergency call-up, trade McCabe & Montour, keep Miller as a 6-7 guy.  

So 3 spots up for grab next season.  

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If the Sabres decide to keep RIsto, build a group of 7 blueliners around Risto, Dahlin and Joker.  Bogo gone, Pilut in Rochester and good as an emergency call-up, trade McCabe & Montour, keep Miller as a 6-7 guy.  

So 3 spots up for grab next season.  

I see some more defensemen coming in to balance out the pairings. We have to many right shot smooth skating offensive defensemen.

We need some yang to Dahlin's and Joker's yings. 

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I loved it except for the Ray Shero part.

58 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I remember a time when you "hit up Chippewa" because you didn't have a girlfriend.

LOL.   It's true.

9 hours ago, LTS said:

He'll get knocked over once and people will say we should trade him for someone who gets 450 PIMs... because "culture".

I don't think Dave Schultz is that eager to come out of retirement.

9 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Qui donne une merde?

Ouch...

9 hours ago, Kristian said:

I'm probably one of the WORST sportsbetters in the world, so I'm taking one for the team here and placing a bet on the Rangers.

You can all thank me later.

Did you place a massive wager on Final Jeopardy?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.