GDT: Sabres at Rangers 2/7/20 7pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Bold prediction. Sam Reinhart does something incorrect in this game and then I hear about it for the next week while every other player on the ice gets ignored even though they suck so bad we couldn't trade them for Pegula's fake goat head jerseys. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Bold prediction. Sam Reinhart does something incorrect in this game and then I hear about it for the next week while every other player on the ice gets ignored even though they suck so bad we couldn't trade them for Pegula's fake goat head jerseys. 

He'll get knocked over once and people will say we should trade him for someone who gets 450 PIMs... because "culture".

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I posted this pic I took off the TV screen. Ted Black and company 7 years ago this day. The faces change but that feeling persists.

FB-IMG-1581081507644.jpg

Good stuff. Montreal led most of the night and the Sabres had won only once in their previous nine games after winning the first two games of the lockout-shortened 2012-2013 season. That'll harsh the vibe. Good to see Terry represented by that wine glass (think W. as an asterisk in all those Doonesbury cartoons). The Sabres would come from two goals down in the third, tying the game on a Vanek goal with 2 seconds and then winning in a shootout, then firing Lindy Ruff about two weeks later. Good times!

30 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Good stuff. Montreal led most of the night and the Sabres had won only once in their previous nine games after winning the first two games of the lockout-shortened 2012-2013 season. That'll harsh the vibe. Good to see Terry represented by that wine glass (think W. as an asterisk in all those Doonesbury cartoons). The Sabres would come from two goals down in the third, tying the game on a Vanek goal with 2 seconds and then winning in a shootout, then firing Lindy Ruff about two weeks later. Good times!

So just so I'm straight on this, is Terry too involved or not involved enough?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So just so I'm straight on this, is Terry too involved or not involved enough?

The owner can, and should, be seen by the fans, and heard by the fans. Especially at times like these. His presence in the crowd, so to speak, has nothing to do with meddling. If there's a wine glass where Terry should be sitting, it's because he, for some bizarre reason, feels he needs to be next to the goaltender coach.

3 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Is that Dick Cheney? Dude was everywhere a decade ago influencing things.

Cliff Benson, of PSU and Second Mile fame, and accountant to the Pens, who helped Terry buy the Sabres and hooked him up with Ted Black and Ken Sawyer.

• Like (+1) 1

Bold prediction....

Reinhart puts up 3 points, falls down 6 times, turns the puck over 7 times, is a minus with 0 hits, 0 blocked shots and 0 takeways, then all we hear about for the next week is that he deserves $10mil/yr because the team can't survive without his Eichel enhanced point production.

Win or lose, just show me you care and put forth the effort.  I think we as fans would accept that.  What we’ve born witness to has been anything but. IMHO Sam deserves every bit of the criticism he is getting.  He was a #2 overall pick.  No ***** we have guys in our line up who make more mistakes but they weren’t drafted second overall.  He is weak on the puck which is inexcusable at this point in his career.  He doesn’t drive play.  He’s a beneficiary of Jack just like Jeff has been exposed to be.  He cannot be paid like a player who drives play.  If a GM pays him as such, they are a fool.  Enough on that.

I have a bad feeling about tonight.  This team is reeling.  Artemi is going to put on a show.  Sabres won’t have an answer.

Edited by Beer
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Bold prediction....

Reinhart puts up 3 points, falls down 6 times, turns the puck over 7 times, is a minus with 0 hits, 0 blocked shots and 0 takeways, then all we hear about for the next week is that he deserves $10mil/yr because the team can't survive without his Eichel enhanced point production.

I don't intend for this to be an anti-Reinhart comment, just an observation.

Start counting the number of times Reinhart is in sole possession of the puck, looking to do something with it, maybe skating or maybe stationery, and then simply gets blown up by an opponent, ends up flat on the ice, gives up the puck, the opponent retrieves the puck, and then does something with it  benefitting the other team.

This usually happens at least once per game.

The term "strong on his skates" never applied to Reinhart.

He is like a weak child out there.  I realize absolutely nothing to do with physicality is his game; it's all mental with him and his vision/creativity is what will keep him in the league and scoring points at a reasonable clip...

But this guy would get his ass pounded in a typical 7 game series against a big, heavy, western conference team in the playoffs.

Good thing we aren't in the western conference.

9 minutes ago, Beer said:

Win or lose, just show me you care and put forth the effort.  I think we as fans would accept that.  What we’ve born witness to has been anything but. IMHO Sam deserves every bit of the criticism he is getting.  He was a #2 overall pick.  No ***** we have guys in our line up who make more mistakes but they weren’t drafted second overall.  He is weak on the puck which is inexcusable at this point in his career.  He doesn’t drive play.  He’s a beneficiary of Jack just like Jeff has been exposed to be.  He cannot be paid like a player who drives play.  If a GM pays him as such, they are a fool.  Enough on that.

I have a bad feeling about tonight.  This team is reeling.  Artemi is going to put on a show.  Sabres won’t have an answer.

Yes on the bolded.  I may not be as "educated" on the fine points of hockey as some are around here BUT I've been watching the Sabres since inception and I know when a team spends the majority of a game just going through the motions.  All they players have left this year is playing for pride and I will watch most of the remaining games just to see which ones give a damn.

57 minutes ago, Beer said:

Win or lose, just show me you care and put forth the effort.

Joining @Cheektorado to emphasize this. Half the team is on expiring contracts. Play like you're playing for that next contract. Play like Skinner played last season. You might not care about the Sabres, but play like you care about your career.

To quote a non-Star Wars vehicle, but still '80s so it's OK ---   The 10 losses turned to 20. The 20 to 40. Was this the end of my free agency, my salvation...  my career?

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.