Johansson's Helmet

SwampD

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Because he's the goalie and he's the one who wants a custom mask.  That's why they all have them--they're a little superstitious, a little stylistic, and it makes the game fun.  I don't get what you're upset about, unless you think what follows this is a good look.  (It isn't.)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/174655291773718634/

Did this instead.

Now the first part of that is stupid, and I've commented on it; the second part is not, as has been explained by others numerous times.

Your response is lazier than Samson on that goal tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Your response is lazier than Samson on that goal tonight. 

Hey.  It may not be what you wanted, but it wasn't lazy.  You try searching for Jordan Binnington's mask in his first game, rather than putting it on everyone else!  Because, believe me, I spent at least five minutes on it with various search terms.  Not happening.  Everything returns his first playoff game, first finals game, first whatever.  Same for several other goalies; that was another five.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So a questionable NHL goalie gets to decide what happens in his first NHL start. Hopefully, someday, the Sabres will be bigger than the players playing for them.

Wear the colors and STFU and win!

I'm sorry--first, they didn't have the custom mask for him in time (11 days!) and now he's the prima donna for not having one?  

Dude.  Time. For. Bed.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hey.  It may not be what you wanted, but it wasn't lazy.  You try searching for Jordan Binnington's mask in his first game, rather than putting it on everyone else!

I'm sorry--first, they didn't have the custom mask for him in time (11 days!) and now he's the prima donna for not having one?  

Dude.  Time. For. Bed.

This has nothing to do with Johansson.

This has everything to do with the team,

Sorry. I believe what I believe.

Edited by SwampD

Just now, Eleven said:

Hey.  It may not be what you wanted, but it wasn't lazy.  You try searching for Jordan Binnington's mask in his first game, rather than putting it on everyone else!

No, I wasn’t referring to that. I looked up Carter Hart First NHL Game and realized it wasn’t quite fair, because he came up from a team already rocking the Flyers colors. 

I was referring to your assumption that I read every single thread, and every single comment on it, to automatically know whatever your stance is on the misspelled names and fake jerseys. 

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

No, I wasn’t referring to that. I looked up Carter Hart First NHL Game and realized it wasn’t quite fair, because he came up from a team already rocking the Flyers colors. 

I was referring to your assumption that I read every single thread, and every single comment on it, to automatically know whatever your stance is on the misspelled names and fake jerseys. 

Ok.  That's fair.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hey.  It may not be what you wanted, but it wasn't lazy.  You try searching for Jordan Binnington's mask in his first game, rather than putting it on everyone else!  Because, believe me, I spent at least five minutes on it with various search terms.  Not happening.  Everything returns his first playoff game, first finals game, first whatever.  Same for several other goalies; that was another five.

Dude.  Time. For. Bed.

WADR to Swampy, he needs to make like a refrigerator and chill.

First off, Hasek did have a custom paint job in the NHL mostly in his latter days with Buffalo but mostly with Detroit.Here's the link: https://www.warwickmaskcompany.com/

It's clear you don't know how this works and are just arguing for arguing. The team does not dictate what mask a goalie wears, that's his preference. Goaltenders and players, choose the equipment they wear. Brand. model. customizations etc... That said, a goalie mask is not the same as pulling a CCM helmet out of the equipment room and you're good to go. Pro goalies, on all levels, get their buckets custom molded and fit to their noggins. They're superstitious and don't want to try new stuff in a game unless they have too. Could he have grabbed a spare bucket from the EQ guy so he matched or worn white one, sure. But he didn't, so chill out. It's not the teams fault.  If he stays up with the team, maybe he'll get one painted.

6 minutes ago, LouBrawls said:

First off, Hasek did have a custom paint job in the NHL mostly in his latter days with Buffalo but mostly with Detroit.Here's the link: https://www.warwickmaskcompany.com/

It's clear you don't know how this works and are just arguing for arguing. The team does not dictate what mask a goalie wears, that's his preference. Goaltenders and players, choose the equipment they wear. Brand. model. customizations etc... That said, a goalie mask is not the same as pulling a CCM helmet out of the equipment room and you're good to go. Pro goalies, on all levels, get their buckets custom molded and fit to their noggins. They're superstitious and don't want to try new stuff in a game unless they have too. Could he have grabbed a spare bucket from the EQ guy so he matched or worn white one, sure. But he didn't, so chill out. It's not the teams fault.  If he stays up with the team, maybe he'll get one painted.

You, like everyone else who assumes that they are more knowledgeable than me, can ***** off.

I don't care.

It's time for the team to be larger than the players.

Edited by SwampD

6 hours ago, LouBrawls said:

Speaking of superstitious, is it really unreasonable to expect in a sport where players that haven't won a Stanley Cup oftentimes don't touch it when given the opportunity and players that have won their conference championship won't touch THAT trophy either that a minor league goalie (who doesn't make a whole lot of money btw) wouldn't go out and get a custom mask made in an NHL team specific motif prior to his actually having made said NHL team?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

While funny, Ulmark was injured 11 days ago.

If you can drill a well in order to do whatever you want, how about drilling one to not make it look like the team you love is playing in the beer league finals against the Chiefs?

I shutter to think about what I could accomplish in 11 days with the resources of this owner.

Duane is that you?

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

I don't care. Why is it up to the goalie.

Doesn't anybody care about the brand?! JFC!

Until these guys feel like they are pros, why would they act like them?

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Again, why is it up to him?

No one cares about the Brand other than the fans.

So a questionable NHL goalie gets to decide what happens in his first NHL start. Hopefully, someday, the Sabres will be bigger than the players playing for them.

Wear the colors and STFU and win!

This has nothing to do with Johansson.

This has everything to do with the team,

Sorry. I believe what I believe.

Keep fighting that air.  You should be sorry to believe what you believe because while you are sitting there being completely irrational about the Sabres lack of organizational competence you are also throwing every other team in the league in with them.

Goalies are in charge of what is on their masks and pads, not the teams.  You may want it different, but in the NHL that's now how it works.  It's not an indictment on the Sabres, no matter how hard you try to make it one.

You can pin this on the goalie if you'd like.  Perhaps he should get his mask repainted (at his expense). 

It's not often that people on here are flat out wrong, and I admire your fortitude in sticking to the point, but it's undeniable that teams don't get into the goalie's mask unless there is going to be a potential legal concern.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

I don't care. Why is it up to the goalie.

Doesn't anybody care about the brand?! JFC!

Until these guys feel like they are pros, why would they act like them?

in the club crying baby GIF by BBC First Australia

I want to just walk away from this team and this forum, but the schadenfreude is too good to leave.

David Gunnarsson of DaveArt does Jonas' masks. Doing a search, I see an Amerks mask, a couple of Brynäs masks, and the mask he wore last night. It looks like he wears Bauer masks, which are handmade by Pro's Choice.

Goalie equipment is a personal thing and teams usually just pay the bill and don't have input. I'm sure Pro's choice may have already sent a ready to be painted mask to Dave to get painted if Jonas desires to have one, it just takes time.

Just an FYI.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JimS said:

David Gunnarsson of DaveArt does Jonas' masks. Doing a search, I see an Amerks mask, a couple of Brynäs masks, and the mask he wore last night. It looks like he wears Bauer masks, which are handmade by Pro's Choice.

Goalie equipment is a personal thing and teams usually just pay the bill and don't have input. I'm sure Pro's choice may have already sent a ready to be painted mask to Dave to get painted if Jonas desires to have one, it just takes time.

Just an FYI.

I would tend to think that any "custom" equipment would have to be approved by someone....the team, NHL office, etc. This also could take time if there are any questions involved.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I would tend to think that any "custom" equipment would have to be approved by someone....the team, NHL office, etc. This also could take time if there are any questions involved.

Yes, definitely the NHL has to approve everything and make sure it is within specifications. I'm also sure someone from the team has to at least look at a rendering and "approve" equipment and colors as well.

I had a friend with a Ron Jeremy themed painted mask, I'm not sure if that would be okay. ?

56 minutes ago, JimS said:

Yes, definitely the NHL has to approve everything and make sure it is within specifications. I

Another good point.  I have been in the room in Toronto where this stuff is inspected.  (They inspect the AHL equipment there, too; when I was there, a Marlies goaltender's new pads were just sitting on a desk.)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.