Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SwampD

Johansson's Helmet

Recommended Posts

This summer, I went back to play a concert outside in WNY. My brother plays electronic drums. I knew we wouldn't be loud enough, so I spent like $2000 (which I didn't have,… credit card) on o PA  in order for us to look and sound like we were professionals.

How much does it cost for a painted Goalie mask? Seriously!!!! Johansson played 2 days ago?! You morons can't get a Sabres colored goalie mask done in 2 days?!?!?!?

FUHK THIS TEAM!

I'm more mad at this than anything I saw on the ice tonight.

It just shows that they are small time.

Small Time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwampD said:

This summer, I went back to play a concert outside in WNY. My brother plays electronic drums. I knew we wouldn't be loud enough, so I spent like $2000 (which I didn't have,… credit card) on o PA  in order for us to look and sound like we were professionals.

How much does it cost for a painted Goalie mask? Seriously!!!! Johansson played 2 days ago?! You morons can't get a Sabres colored goalie mask done in 2 days?!?!?!?

FUHK THIS TEAM!

I'm more mad at this than anything I saw on the ice tonight.

It just shows that they are small time.

Small Time.

Eh, it's usually the individual goalie who handles this stuff, teams don't do anything with goalie masks. Goalies are picky. Either Johansson hasn't had a Sabres one made yet or it's a work in progress at whichever artist is working on it. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This summer, I went back to play a concert outside in WNY. My brother plays electronic drums. I knew we wouldn't be loud enough, so I spent like $2000 (which I didn't have,… credit card) on o PA  in order for us to look and sound like we were professionals.

How much does it cost for a painted Goalie mask? Seriously!!!! Johansson played 2 days ago?! You morons can't get a Sabres colored goalie mask done in 2 days?!?!?!?

FUHK THIS TEAM!

I'm more mad at this than anything I saw on the ice tonight.

It just shows that they are small time.

Small Time.

It takes a lot longer than two days for an NHL-level custom goalie mask.  I think "the guy" that everyone goes to (Miller used him) takes several weeks.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darksabre said:

Eh, it's usually the individual goalie who handles this stuff, teams don't do anything with goalie masks. Goalies are picky. Either Johansson hasn't had a Sabres one made yet or it's a work in progress at whichever artist is working on it. 

I don't care. Why is it up to the goalie.

Doesn't anybody care about the brand?! JFC!

Until these guys feel like they are pros, why would they act like them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwampD said:

I don't care. Why is it up to the goalie.

Doesn't anybody care about the brand?! JFC!

Until these guys feel like they are pros, why would they act like them?

Are you okay?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eleven said:

It takes a lot longer than two days for an NHL-level custom goalie mask.  I think "the guy" that everyone goes to (Miller used him) takes several weeks.

Bullsweet.

Just now, darksabre said:

Are you okay?

If you are fine with it then enjoy what you've been getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Bullsweet.

If you are fine with it then enjoy what you've been getting.

I'm not the one who very clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Teams don't handle goalie gear. Especially masks. Masks are extremely custom affairs and goalies take care of them on their own. Johanssen likely has a profile on file with whichever company he buys his masks from and if he hasn't ordered a shell with a Sabres paint job on it then it is what it is. Goalies come up with weird masks all the time. Remember when Biron wore a plain white mask in a game years ago because his painted one hadn't come in yet? 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have said 'Help Me' on either side 

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I'm not the one who very clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Teams don't handle goalie gear. Especially masks. Masks are extremely custom affairs and goalies take care of them on their own. Johanssen likely has a profile on file with whichever company he buys his masks from and if he hasn't ordered a shell with a Sabres paint job on it then it is what it is. Goalies come up with weird masks all the time. Remember when Biron wore a plain white mask in a game years ago because his painted one hadn't come in yet? 

Dude. Really? I know what I am talking about because it's not ***** rocket science.

Give hime a plain white one then (I actually loved that mask.) 

I paid 2 grand (which is a whole integer percentage of my salary) in order to look professional, because I have enough self resect to do that. 

Him playing in that just shows that they don't give a flying *****.

 

Dig that well, Terry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dude. Really? I know what I am talking about because it's not ***** rocket science.

Give hime a plain white one then (I actually loved that mask.) 

I paid 2 grand (which is a whole integer percentage of my salary) in order to look professional, because I have enough self resect to do that. 

Him playing in that just shows that they don't give a flying *****.

 

Dig that well, Terry!

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darksabre said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I know you think that. You are wrong.

If this guy is the number 3 goalie in the organization, then why is he responsible for his own equipment? He should at least have a shell ready for painting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I know you think that. You are wrong.

If this guy is the number 3 goalie in the organization, then why is he responsible for his own equipment? He should at least have a shell ready for painting.

 

1.  AHL goalies show up to play without NHL masks all the time.  Just like all-star goalies at all sorts of levels use their regular team masks.  Back when every goalie didn't have to have his own personal touch on a mask, yeah, they would have had a blue one in his size.  That no longer is the case.  Goalies get to put their own quirky BS on masks for whatever reason (I guess they're cool until they end up causing tempests in teapots like this) and it takes time.

2.  This is so far removed from the real problems that the team should be concerned with.  It's like a drowning man wondering where he can find a cigarette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eleven said:

1.  AHL goalies show up to play without NHL masks all the time.  Just like all-star goalies at all sorts of levels use their regular team masks.  Back when every goalie didn't have to have his own personal touch on a mask, yeah, they would have had a blue one in his size.  That no longer is the case.  Goalies get to put their own quirky BS on masks for whatever reason (I guess they're cool until they end up causing tempests in teapots like this) and it takes time.

2.  This is so far removed from the real problems that the team should be concerned with.  It's like a drowning man wondering where he can find a cigarette.

Nope.

This wasn't an emergency call-up.

He was the starting goal tender for the Buffalo Sabres tonight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Nope.

This wasn't an emergency call-up.

He was the starting goal tender for the Buffalo Sabres tonight.

 

Honest question: Did Hasek ever have a custom painted mask?

 

I'd loan you some Prozac, but I'd be breaking the law.

Edited by Crosschecking
addendum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crosschecking said:

Honest question: Did Hasek ever have a custom painted mask?

Only in the Olympics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwampD said:

Nope.

This wasn't an emergency call-up.

He was the starting goal tender for the Buffalo Sabres tonight.

 

We all know who he is and what his role was tonight.  These guys like to take time with their masks and personalize them. And for all you know, there's something on the mask that is important to him, like the "Matty" thing was for Miller. I don't know what else to say.  This is silly.

Just now, Crosschecking said:

Honest question: Did Hasek ever have a custom painted mask?

Not in the NHL, but he was the unique one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the counter point here is that this isn’t a “Sabres” issue.   The entire NHL leaves the goalie mask up to the goalie.  The masks do take weeks.   They're expensive, relative salaries notwithstanding.   Goalies don’t have them in advance of “arriving” somewhere and typically wait to order until they’re reasonably certain the assignment will have some staying power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Neo said:

I think the counter point here is that this isn’t a “Sabres” issue.   The entire NHL leaves the goalie mask up to the goalie.  The masks do take weeks.   They're expensive, relative salaries notwithstanding.   Goalies don’t have them in advance of “arriving” somewhere and typically wait to order until they’re reasonably certain the assignment will have some staying power.

Do you mean to say that Jack Campbell doesn't have a custom Leaves mask awaiting him in Toronto?  The HORROR!  

 

(Sorry, Swampy.  I still love you.)

Edited by Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Do you mean to say that Jack Campbell doesn't have a custom Leaves mask awaiting him in Toronto?  The HORROR!  

 

(Sorry, Swampy.  I still love you.)

While funny, Ulmark was injured 11 days ago.

If you can drill a well in order to do whatever you want, how about drilling one to not make it look like the team you love is playing in the beer league finals against the Chiefs?

I shutter to think about what I could accomplish in 11 days with the resources of this owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

While funny, Ulmark was injured 11 days ago.

If you can drill a well in order to do whatever you want, how about drilling one to not make it look like the team you love is playing in the beer league finals against the Chiefs?

I shutter to think about what I could accomplish in 11 days with the resources of this owner.

Hey man, I get that you have high expectations.  We all do.  It's why we're all pissed off.  But on this issue, your expectations just don't match reality.  Getting one's first custom NHL mask in 11 days isn't a thing.  Even the goalie would want to take some time, look at designs, etc.--and he still has to practice and get mentally ready to play his first NHL game in there, too, which is more important than the mask.  

I'd bet my farm (which doesn't exist, so it's really easy for me to bet it) that if JoJo wanted to wear a plain white, blue, or gold mask, the team would have found one in an instant.

Edited by Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eleven said:

Hey man, I get that you have high expectations.  We all do.  It's why we're all pissed off.  But on this issue, your expectations just don't match reality.  Getting one's first custom NHL mask in 11 days isn't a thing.  And I'd bet my farm (which doesn't exist, so it's really easy for me to bet it) that if JoJo wanted to wear a plain white, blue, or gold mask, the team would have found one in an instant.

Again, why is it up to him?

No one cares about the Brand other than the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hey man, I get that you have high expectations.  We all do.  It's why we're all pissed off.  But on this issue, your expectations just don't match reality.  Getting one's first custom NHL mask in 11 days isn't a thing.  Even the goalie would want to take some time, look at designs, etc.  And I'd bet my farm (which doesn't exist, so it's really easy for me to bet it) that if JoJo wanted to wear a plain white, blue, or gold mask, the team would have found one in an instant.

You mean like how the team was able to find Andreychuck, Robitalle, and not even remotely close goathead jerseys in an instant - for events that were planned ahead of time?

?‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Again, why is it up to him?

No one cares about the Brand other than the fans.

Because he's the goalie and he's the one who wants a custom mask.  That's why they all have them--they're a little superstitious, a little stylistic, and it makes the game fun.  I don't get what you're upset about, unless you think what follows this is a good look.  (It isn't.)

 

22 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Can anyone provide recent images of other AHL call ups and what their masks looked like?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/174655291773718634/

 

Did this instead.

 

 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You mean like how the team was able to find Andreychuck, Robitalle, and not even remotely close goathead jerseys in an instant - for events that were planned ahead of time?

?‍♂️

Now the first part of that is stupid, and I've commented on it; the second part is not, as has been explained by others numerous times.

Edited by Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Because he's the goalie and he's the one who wants a custom mask.  That's why they all have them--they're a little superstitious, a little stylistic, and it makes the game fun.  I don't get what you're upset about, unless you think what follows this is a good look.  (It isn't.)

 

 

So a questionable NHL goalie gets to decide what happens in his first NHL start. Hopefully, someday, the Sabres will be bigger than the players playing for them.

Wear the colors and STFU and win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...