GDT Detroit at Buffalo 2/6/20 7pm NBCSN, WGR 550

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Just watching the first couple minutes of the Oilers game and watching McDavid and how great he is just makes you want to cry. And I love Jack but there honestly is no comparison. 

We could have had Draisaitl instead of Reinhart. That’s the tragedy of our own doing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Tondas said:

Even RFK can't make a great stew with the ingredients he's provided.

Housley had basically the same ingredients.  Maybe he had margarine instead of butter, or lemon juice instead of vinegar, but the concept is essentially the same and they both suck.

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

How does Skinner not see the ice in OT?

Pretty obvious RK and Botts aren’t on the same page. Because wouldn’t you think at some point already Botterill would have said hey Ralph, I gave Skinner a HUGE new contract. You not playing him with Jack and in OT is kind of making me look like an *ss. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Pretty obvious RK and Botts aren’t on the same page. Because wouldn’t you think at some point already Botterill would have said hey Ralph, I gave Skinner a HUGE new contract. You not playing him with Jack and in OT is kind of making me look like an *ss. 

$9 mill and you can’t get on the ice in OT?  Houston we have a problem! 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m probably done with watching for the season at this point. 

The Skinner “usage” looks like my breaking point. 

3rd on the active roster in goals, and barely gets a sniff at the end of the game, and no minutes in OT (but Erod is out there instead). You can either try to spark a “struggling” player by putting him on the top line (like we’d be screwing with a winning streak anyways), or relegate him to 4th line minutes. At $9 million a year...I’m not convinced anyone knows what they’re doing at this point. Oh, and I’m sure this will look attractive to any potential good free agents. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Housley had basically the same ingredients.  Maybe he had margarine instead of butter, or lemon juice instead of vinegar, but the concept is essentially the same and they both suck.

Lindy had clarified butter, organic lime juice and fresh cilantro.

Just now, Torpedo Forecheck said:

There is a comparison between the 2, always has been

And McDavid is the better player. That doesn’t make you a bad Sabres fan for acknowledging the obvious instead of arguing when someone says it. Jack is great. McDavid is greater. I’m pretty sure 100% of teams would take McDavid before Eichel. So there is NO argument. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m probably done with watching for the season at this point. 

The Skinner “usage” looks like my breaking point. 

3rd on the active roster in goals, and barely gets a sniff at the end of the game, and no minutes in OT (but Erod is out there instead). You can either try to spark a “struggling” player by putting him on the top line (like we’d be screwing with a winning streak anyways), or relegate him to 4th line minutes. At $9 million a year...I’m not convinced anyone knows what they’re doing at this point. Oh, and I’m sure this will look attractive to any potential good free agents. 

I feel it too Andrew, but I'll never not watch or jump off the bandwagon.  I'm as pissed and critical as most on this board.  But they're the Sabres.  They're like a dysfunctional sibling, I can say bad about them but I'll kick your @ss if you say something bad about them.  We have to hang in there with them.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

I'm just disappointed I couldn't see the end of game interviews.  That's what I was waiting for.

I honestly don't think it'll matter what any of them say except Jack. If Jack says openly, in an interview, he's lost his love of the game or he wants out, then and only then will we have hit rock bottom.

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I honestly don't think it'll matter what any of them say except Jack. If Jack says openly, in an interview, he's lost his love of the game or he wants out, then and only then will we have hit rock bottom.

I think he's there but doubt he'd mention it publicly.   

Edited by Indabuff
Wouldn't blame him if he did
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.