GDT Detroit at Buffalo 2/6/20 7pm NBCSN, WGR 550

Brawndo

Sabres do all the little things poorly.  End of period play.  Pulling the goalie.  With face offs in the opponents end on the PP.  This game against the worst team in the NHL on national TV is an indictment on the team, coaching and its management.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Going out on a limb here: RaKru has no time for that version of Jeff Skinner.

Ra Kru is done like dinner.  Every coach in the league knows what is he is doing AND exactly how to beat it.

The announcer are much kinder to Detroit than to Buffalo.  They love Abdelkater .  

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Anyone who has used a new stick and a wooden stick can tell you in an instant the benefit far outweighs the risk of it breaking. New stick technology is amazing. 

Yeah, but my old a Northland lasted for years.  LOL 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

The one thing I would like a new stick to have is a different sound when the puck hits it when the stick has a crack.  You could always tell to change your wooden stick just by the sound off the puck hitting it.

Edited by E4 ... Ke2

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Ra Kru is done like dinner.  Every coach in the league knows what is he is doing AND exactly how to beat it.

The announcer are much kinder to Detroit than to Buffalo.  They love Abdelkater .  

Thank goodness Milbury and Jones are not doing the intermission analysis.  They already hate the Sabres and I could imagine how brutal they would be.

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The amount of Grade A chances that we've squandered tonight...

It's like what's the point?

It’s a sinking feeling because we rarely generate good chances, and when we do, it’s most often (just odds - based on the roster) someone very unlikely to finish that’s getting the chance. 

Just now, Nitro60 said:

Sabres do all the little things poorly.  End of period play.  Pulling the goalie.  With face offs in the opponents end on the PP.  This game against the worst team in the NHL on national TV is an indictment on the team, coaching and its management.

It’s obvious the team has quit.  They just don’t care anymore.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

As do all of my new sticks and the overwhelming majority of those used be amateur hockey players. Pros will break sticks of any type with regularity because of the obscene amount of torque they get and the developments in kick points. 

12 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

When will they fire the PP coach. This is beyond stupid now.

Not until after next season when they fire JBot.   By then Gallant, Laviolette, and Babcock will all be gone too.   

Pegula is slow at this hockey stuff   

Edited by Pimlach

Just now, Nitro60 said:

You forgot face offs in the opponents end on the PP where the shorthanded team can fire the puck towards the empty net without icing the puck. Ralph loves that one .

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.