Nazem Kadri's Sweet Talk to Brandon Montour

Kruppstahl

This was commented on in passing in the GDT from last night, but I thought it deserves it's own thread.

This reminds me of the Lucic incident when he railroaded Miller for fun and no one did anything about it.

For the record, I totally agree with Kadri's assessments of both Montour and the team in general.

But it still sucks!  It's just a shame we have no one on this roster to punch a total punk like Kadri in the face after that level of trash talk.

The fact that Montour didn't do it himself speaks volumes to the type of guy he is--spineless.  

He's a great Jason Botterill find.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

This was commented on in passing in the GDT from last night, but I thought it deserves it's own thread.

This reminds me of the Lucic incident when he railroaded Miller for fun and no one did anything about it.

For the record, I totally agree with Kadri's assessments of both Montour and the team in general.

But it still sucks!  It's just a shame we have no one on this roster to punch a total punk like Kadri in the face after that level of trash talk.

The fact that Montour didn't do it himself speaks volumes to the type of guy he is--spineless.  

He's a great Jason Botterill find.

Is he spineless or is Krueger telling him to avoid altercations?  I have no idea what the answer is by the way, but I'm suspicious of Krueger.  Can these guys be really that weak?

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

lol, if you need to punch someone for trash talk you are weak as ***** mentally. 

This isn't a political debate or a business meeting though...its hockey.  I want to vicariously live out my aggressions through Montour, so I have an outlet.

• Haha (+1) 1

lol, if you need to punch someone for trash talk you are weak as ***** mentally. 

Well, the Sabres are mentally weak as *****, trash-talk or not. It'd be nice if we had a dude to physically show the likes of Kadri what "shut the hell up" means. Maybe that'd be one step closer to the Sabres, collectively, NOT being weak as ***** mentally.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean, that wasn't one trash talking dagger in a season full of compliments and "hey bud"s. We just happened to hear this one. Chances are, several players on every team and our team say stuff like this, and worse stuff, every single time they're on the ice.

Yup. I don't need my guy dropping gloves and punching in the face. I need him to play better hockey. of course once it gets to be 5-1, screw it. Might as well punch him because you are at that point ***** at hockey. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lanny said:

I don't think it's anything like that and probably similar to things said before and after every shift. 

It's a minor form of the Lucic incident.  It calls our basic credibility and toughness into question, and certainly Montour's, and he's the kind of guy to do nothing about it.

That's no surprise, by the way, but it's just the sort of team we have and it's b/c Botterill is attracted to these types of total non-competitors.

And then Sabres fans wonder why the team sucks and will miss the playoffs 9 years in a row in a league where half the teams make it every year.

3 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

Can't we do both?  Maybe showing some emotion will lead to better play? 

Sure in the same way adding Dalton Smith to the team was going to lead to better play. 

You either play like that because that is who you are, or you don't. Like that means with heart and drive. Suddenly punching a trash talker isn't changing jack ***** just like Dalton Smith and all his toughness didn't mean jack *****. 

We have threads celebrating Nazem Kadri of all people?

There’s a fine line between being pissed off at the way the Sabres are playing and being run and getting some sort of sick satisfaction out of seeing them being kicked when they are down.

This crosses that line for me.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Yes. We have now reached the point where we don't trash talk enough or punch ppl who trash talk us. 

I kind of like the thought that trash talking someone while two other players are in between you some how equates to steam rolling a goalie in open ice.  That type of logic is undeniable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

We have threads celebrating Nazem Kadri of all people?

Clearly, this is exactly what this thread is.

It's definitely not about the players not showing some passion and engagement out on the ice, some loyalty to the team, and being able to bring the heavy when needed, because they struggle bringing the fundamentals. It's not about any of that at all. It's totally about celebrating Kadri.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Sure in the same way adding Dalton Smith to the team was going to lead to better play. 

You either play like that because that is who you are, or you don't. Like that means with heart and drive. Suddenly punching a trash talker isn't changing jack ***** just like Dalton Smith and all his toughness didn't mean jack *****. 

But it did, for at least a period and a half, and we pretty much quit playing aggressively after that time period too.  At least the game was entertaining regardless of the outcome. 

We have nothing now but a bunch of tulips who can't hit, fight, score, or pass.  I don't know about you, but I'm not a tough guy, but I would be embarrassed enough to start lashing out at this point.  Show something for goodness sake!

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

I kind of like the thought that trash talking someone while two other players are in between you some how equates to steam rolling a goalie in open ice.  That type of logic is undeniable.

This is my favorite post in this thread. 

13 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

But it did, for at least a period and a half, and we pretty much quit playing aggressively after that time period too.  At least the game was entertaining regardless of the outcome. 

We have nothing now but a bunch of tulips who can't hit, fight, score, or pass.  I don't know about you, but I'm not a tough guy, but I would be embarrassed enough to start lashing out at this point.  Show something for goodness sake!

Me too but again, is that naturally the reaction or not? Pekar would naturally start laying the lumber because that is who he is. I don't want the mirage of toughness. You are either that type of player or you aren't. 

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Colorado needed a 2C and traded from a position of strength to get one. Crazy how that works

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.