Jeff Skinner's Contract

bob_sauve28

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

The overreaction to one season where Skinner has been hurt and centered by Johan Larsson, Evan Rodrigues, and Marcus Johansson, is ***** hilarious. 

We've seen his ceiling and his floor.  Now he'll settle somewhere in between.

28 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If you don't mind me asking, who is Jame and why is he locked up?

Please don't.

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

The overreaction to one season where Skinner has been hurt and centered by Johan Larsson, Evan Rodrigues, and Marcus Johansson, is ***** hilarious. 

Fortunately Olofsson has given the Sabres a legit goal scorer besides Eichel while Skinner works through his slump.

I dunno, Skinner has always seemed like he would have a bitchy little attitude to me so I can see RK not tolerating it and banishing him down a line until he gets his act together. Or it could be the case of simply feeling that the net combo of Olofsson w/ any one else and Jeff and Jack wouldn't equal separating them and making teams have to defend against 2 lines instead of only one. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

2 goals, 2 assists -17 in his past 25 games. When does it stop becoming an overreaction? Over 35? 40?

Other 'wingers' who haven't played with Jack (since the calendar turned):

Zemgus Girgensons 6/3/9 in his last 22

Curtis Lazar 3/4/7 in his last 21

Kyle Okposo 5/5/10 in his last 16

Marcus Johansson 1/6/7 in his last 20

Evan Rodrigues 5/1/6 in his last 14

Conor Sheary 3/3/6 in his last 21

Some of them bringing other things to the table. All of them outproducing Jeff.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You know… There is a world that exists where it’s most likely a little bit of both.
Jeff absolutely needs to step up and start finding a way to produce. He’s not getting paid for his defensive ability. He’s not getting paid to run people into the boards. He’s getting paid for points. He has to work himself out of this slump.  Perhaps a slump buster or two ?.

Also, JB and RK need to get him a high quality setup man. If it’s not going to be Eichel, then it needs to be somebody who is pretty close to Eichel’s ability to set him up so he can feast on chaos and well placed passes. The current roster lacks that. 

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

2 goals, 2 assists -17 in his past 25 games. When does it stop becoming an overreaction? Over 35? 40?

Other 'wingers' who haven't played with Jack (since the calendar turned):

Zemgus Girgensons 6/3/9 in his last 22

Curtis Lazar 3/4/7 in his last 21

Kyle Okposo 5/5/10 in his last 16

Marcus Johansson 1/6/7 in his last 20

Evan Rodrigues 5/1/6 in his last 14

Conor Sheary 3/3/6 in his last 21

Some of them bringing other things to the table. All of them outproducing Jeff.

Those are some fairly damning stats.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

If you don't mind me asking, who is Jame and why is he locked up?

Jame was a poster who, to paraphrase his own words, ruffled the feathers of the “old guard.” You would have to ask the mods why he’s banned because I never saw any ban-able content.  

14 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You know… There is a world that exists where it’s most likely a little bit of both.
Jeff absolutely needs to step up and start finding a way to produce. He’s not getting paid for his defensive ability. He’s not getting paid to run people into the boards. He’s getting paid for points. He has to work himself out of this slump.  Perhaps a slump buster or two ?.

Also, JB and RK need to get him a high quality setup man. If it’s not going to be Eichel, then it needs to be somebody who is pretty close to Eichel’s ability to set him up so he can feast on chaos and well placed passes. The current roster lacks that. 

One name. Dylan Larkin.

He can be had, if your willing to pay Detroit for him. Detroit is rebuilding, they are accumulating draft picks for sure, prospects would most certainly interest them as well I would surmise.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

One name. Dylan Larkin.

He can be had, if your willing to pay Detroit for him. Detroit is rebuilding, they are accumulating draft picks for sure, prospects would most certainly interest them as well I would surmise.

I think Detroit would want to build around a player like that. Not send him packing for draft picks and prospects. 

18 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

One name. Dylan Larkin.

Why is a rebuilding team going to trade their best young player?  He isn’t going to be old by the time they are good again.  Detroit probably isn’t planning on a 10 year rebuild.

45 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think Detroit would want to build around a player like that. Not send him packing for draft picks and prospects. 

They just off loaded a couple of guys that were supposed to help him.

29 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why is a rebuilding team going to trade their best young player?  He isn’t going to be old by the time they are good again.  Detroit probably isn’t planning on a 10 year rebuild.

Then why did they just dump a couple of players supposedly in place to help him along with talk of a 3rd possibly moving?

I don't disagree with either of you by the way, but can we make a trade for him? Is it possible to get him? Imo, yes, steep price, but yes, if the Sabres are willing to pay it, as I said.

59 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

He was an asshat

maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but why do you get to say that without repercussions? 

Not everyone gets equal treatment here, that is a certainty.

as for Skinner, he should be publicly apologizing to the fans and promising to try to be better rather than being the "asshat" he often appears to be on the ice. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Then why did they just dump a couple of players supposedly in place to help him along with talk of a 3rd possibly moving?

I don't disagree with either of you by the way, but can we make a trade for him? Is it possible to get him? Imo, yes, steep price, but yes, if the Sabres are willing to pay it, as I said.

Not hyperbole here ... Detroit would literally want...

2021 1st

Cozens

Mitts

Joker

and probably much more.

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

2021 1st

Cozens

Mitts

Joker

and probably much more.

I think they'd want quite a return.

Cozens, Mitts, Borgen, 20 & 21 1st.

Or

If we do move an RHD at or before the draft for 1st pick(s) then I see a combo package a bit different.

The underlying factor for me, in any event, is if we keep Jokiharu, Miller and move one of Montour or Risto, where does Borgen get in? Not that I would like him moved, but he more 5han looks slow cooked enough to be ready for NHL action.

Giving up Cozens and the 1sts are the trade off for the here and now as opposed to 2 or more years down the road.

Because let's face it, we have arrived at the here and now stage.

Just my opinion is all.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Cozens will be better than him alone. If JBot were to trade Cozens, I might have to drop this team for a few years at least. 

With all due respect. You may think you know that. But in reality you or anyone don’t know if Cozens will be better. Until he comes in the NHL, develops, and proves he is actually better than prime Larkin. And believe me I HOPE he becomes better than Larkin. That would be awesome! And your comment about posters being treated differently. I couldn’t agree more. Everyone sees it. I wish it wasn’t the case. ?

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Cozens will be better than him alone. If JBot were to trade Cozens, I might have to drop this team for a few years at least. 

I have 0 data at the professional level that indicates what you say here.

What I do have is data on Larkin at the professional level, what the team has is a 9 million dollar a season AAV for 7 more years winger that could certainly use an already proven professional level Center commodity as opposed to something untested yet. When combined with the Stage Jack is entering, if it's possible I pull the trigger.

Edited by Scottysabres

27 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, yes, sure, any player is probably available if you are willing to pay enough.

Who are the two guys you are talking about?  Anthanasieu and Green???  AA is a couple years older than Larkin and definitely not Detroit’s best player.  Apparently Yzerman didn’t like him that much.

33 minutes ago, Curt said:

Well, yes, sure, any player is probably available if you are willing to pay enough.

Who are the two guys you are talking about?  Anthanasieu and Green???  AA is a couple years older than Larkin and definitely not Detroit’s best player.  Apparently Yzerman didn’t like him that much.

AA is one of them, yes, and take a good look at what they moved him for.

Both Nyquist and Tatar were moved in the past 2 years as well. These guys were also supposed to help Larkin, and look what came back in return, draft picks. Yet, not high end ones.

Fabbri is really all they've brought in to help on offensive upside.

Take a look at their trade history.

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Detroit_Red_Wings/1

59 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

2021 1st

Cozens

Mitts

Joker

and probably much more.

But they wouldn't get it, history says it would be closer to half that price.

Larkin is an excellent player who I would love to have in the number two slot, but his reputation with some people seems to exceed his contributions. He's a good 1B, not a true number one.

A good comparable might be Jeff Carter who was traded twice for a top-10 pick and good prospect, or Brayden Schenn who the Blues got for two mid-round firsts, or Mike Richards who went for a 2nd, a young NHL player (an unproven Wayne Simmonds), and a top prospect (ironically, Schenn), or Ryan O'Reilly, who went (along with McGinn) for essentially Mitts, Joker, Asplund and a 2nd

As far as Athanasiou goes, he is a talented and extraordinarily selfish freelancer on the ice who chafes within systems. I agree with Brian Burke's take that he is a great help to both team's attack. He's actually got some things in common with Skinner.

I read/hear his off-ice personality mirrors his on-ice personality though, which I havent heard about Jeff.

24 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

AA is one of them, yes, and take a good look at what they moved him for.

Both Nyquist and Tatar were moved in the past 2 years as well. These guys were also supposed to help Larkin, and look what came back in return, draft picks. Yet, not high end ones.

Fabbri is really all they've brought in to help on offensive upside.

Take a look at their trade history.

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Detroit_Red_Wings/1

Those are guys who are 5-7 years older than Larkin.  It just makes no sense for them to trade him and I have seen zero rumors of him being available.  It’s alright, you can think what you want.  I agree he would be a great acquisition.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Those are guys who are 5-7 years older than Larkin.  It just makes no sense for them to trade him and I have seen zero rumors of him being available.  It’s alright, you can think what you want.  I agree he would be a great acquisition.

I'm not getting your correlation with age and playing with Larkin. You don't honestly believe Nyquist, who wasn't 30 yet when moved and had played 3 years on the Red Wings, and Tatar, who had just turned 28 when moved was to old to play with Larkin? Or AA who was 25 was to old?

Come on now man, that's just ridiculous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.