Sign in to follow this  
Scottysabres

OT: Information on Coronavirus from the Far East

46 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Question 1:

Does facial hair really impede on the effectiveness of the facial seal?

Duct tape

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MattPie said:

I absolutely didn't mean to imply that. My thought was that your line of work is more hazardous because the airborne chemicals are a lot more difficult to filter out.

I take no offense. Really. 
As for airborne in my trade? It’s all over the map. Most exposures come in doing maintenance type contracts. You face whatever is going on behind closed doors. Thankfully the US finally signed on to the GHS(which most other civilized nations did decades ago). All SDS info is harmonized across the planet basically. Everything I would need to know about the product is labeled in a standardized manner. If I need to know what type of PPE I would use in event of exposure I can consult the SDS or contact both the supplier and manufacturer directly. I am even presented with important info regarding environmental effects/hazards. I advise anyone in my trade to take photos of labels on tanks and such and relay that to their health care pro in the event that you contract a mysterious illness down the road. And that does happen. Guy got arsenic poisoning from the coating on a structural member he was reworking without the proper respirator filtration. Two years later he had cancer...Like I said. Lots of real life stuff at your doorstep to fear, if you’re into that sort of thing.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ogre said:

Yet he is doling out medical/scientific advice for profit. That is THE definition of charlatan, my friend.

I’ve spent a lifetime in a career that is full of real dangers. I have seen multiple catastrophes develop before my eyes and have been fortunate to survive all of them....so far....you can’t allow fear to get ahold of you....Fear leads the fearful into peril and the charlatans lead the way. 

This is just plain wrong.