OT: Information on Coronavirus from the Far East

Scottysabres

3 hours ago, MattPie said:

I absolutely didn't mean to imply that. My thought was that your line of work is more hazardous because the airborne chemicals are a lot more difficult to filter out.

I take no offense. Really. 
As for airborne in my trade? It’s all over the map. Most exposures come in doing maintenance type contracts. You face whatever is going on behind closed doors. Thankfully the US finally signed on to the GHS(which most other civilized nations did decades ago). All SDS info is harmonized across the planet basically. Everything I would need to know about the product is labeled in a standardized manner. If I need to know what type of PPE I would use in event of exposure I can consult the SDS or contact both the supplier and manufacturer directly. I am even presented with important info regarding environmental effects/hazards. I advise anyone in my trade to take photos of labels on tanks and such and relay that to their health care pro in the event that you contract a mysterious illness down the road. And that does happen. Guy got arsenic poisoning from the coating on a structural member he was reworking without the proper respirator filtration. Two years later he had cancer...Like I said. Lots of real life stuff at your doorstep to fear, if you’re into that sort of thing.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ogre said:

Yet he is doling out medical/scientific advice for profit. That is THE definition of charlatan, my friend.

I’ve spent a lifetime in a career that is full of real dangers. I have seen multiple catastrophes develop before my eyes and have been fortunate to survive all of them....so far....you can’t allow fear to get ahold of you....Fear leads the fearful into peril and the charlatans lead the way. 

This is just plain wrong.

Just spoke to my family friend in Japan. First chance we've had in a number of days now.

He's spoke on his growing concern specifically on Japanese civilian authorities failure to prepare isolation facilities. The number he said that US military knows of civilians showing symptoms is much higher than what is being reported. Paul said it's suspected over 2,000 at least, and that is not what Japan is saying. Him and his wife have left their home in the city and have isolated themselves under the US military is attempting to do there as well

He did say the Japanese started testing more today, and that so far only 3 have died from that cruise ship. So, as many of you are saying, mortality rate remains low.

That's all I got.

This is all just some left wing BS (cuz we all know they run the MSM, that's main stream media for all you non-politicos) in order to tank the stock market so the dems have something to run on against Trump cuz the that's all he has.

TeeHee

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

very contagious, but only lethal to the elderly and infirm - like the flu. 

Oh well if it only kills the elderly then I guess I don’t give a ***** about my parents.  I happen to also be battling an autoimmune issue.

Does the flu not have a 0.1% mortality rate and this appears to be 2.0-3.0%?  So it’s actually 20 to 30 times more deadly then the flu.  They’re not quarantining MILLIONS of people worldwide in several countries for the common flu.  It’s only a matter of time when it starts hitting closer to home.

13 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Oh well if it only kills the elderly then I guess I don’t give a ***** about my parents.  I happen to also be battling an autoimmune issue.

Does the flu not have a 0.1% mortality rate and this appears to be 2.0-3.0%?  So it’s actually 20 to 30 times more deadly then the flu.  They’re not quarantining MILLIONS of people worldwide in several countries for the common flu.  It’s only a matter of time when it starts hitting closer to home.

Did you get your flu shot?

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

we are going to die harrison ford GIF

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Pls keep all political BS in the politics club.  Thanks.

I was warned by Nfreeman for the quoted post. There are multiple posts in this thread about politics. Yet I seem to be the only one being attacked by a mod on this board for what was literally a news story about the event this thread is about. 

@nfreeman you are bias and clearly have issue with me. Further to that point I find your conduct on this issue completely unbecoming of a mod as you specifically target certain posts and certain posters that seem critical of specific political ideas. This thread is littered with politics.

Edited by LGR4GM

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Debate

Ok, is the Corona Virus beer related?

And if so, does that impact global beer consumption, or will it lead to a run on beer sales, creating a shortage of beer, which could lead to either riots in the streets or an increase in bourbon and tequila consumption.

These may be trying times........

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Debate

This is a world health pandemic.  Yes the mortality rate is relatively low compared to SARS and MERS (thank God).  But I don’t give two shits about the American political system.  This is much bigger then that.  There will be mass quarantines in North America without doubt at this point.  Anyone who thinks this has to do with some political angle can’t see the forest through the trees.  It’s not all just seniors dying either.  As if that would still be acceptable somehow.  

Edited by Derrico

Just now, Derrico said:

This is a world health pandemic.  Yes the mortality rate is relatively low compared to SARS and MERS (thank God).  But I don’t give two shits about the American political system.  This is much bigger then that.  There will be mass quarantines in North America without doubt at this point.  Anyone who thinks this has to do with some political angle can’t see the forest through the trees.  It’s not all just seniors dying either. 

I was just making a jab at the politics thing by telling him to do political things

• Like (+1) 1