Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

2 hours ago, SyrSabreFan said:

Sign Mark Ingram!!

As someone who has paid very close attention to him the last few years due to fantasy, no thanks.  He’s not very good.  Every back on the Ravens roster out performed him immensely including household names like Justice Hill.  I like Yeldon and Freeman.  TJ has shown ability in limited circumstances. 

The way Daboll has been calling it, they may only run a few times any way.   

Hey Skip

Stat lines for the 2 QBs for their 2 playoff games

QB1 49 72 (68%) 530 yds 3 tds 0 int plus 1 TD rushing

QB2 44 71 (62%) 467 yds 4 tds 1 int

I'll take the guy with the higher completion %, more yards and less turnovers (and 2 wins) against 2 of the top 10 D's in the NFL.  

Congrats: to WNY's own Brian Daboll.  Well deserved.  Is McDermott Coach of the year next?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Taro T said:

Wasn't sure whether to use the 'awesome' or the 'sad' emoji to react to that news.

Will wait until the last coaching vacancy is filled to decide. 😉

I think we are ok if Daboll gets moves on.  Ken Dorsey, the QB coach, is probably ready to take the OC job.  Not sure what we do if Frazier moves on.   Frazier is 61 so he may not want to move on.  I'll be happy for either guy if they get a HC job.  Both have earned another opportunity.

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think we are ok if Daboll gets moves on.  Ken Dorsey, the QB coach, is probably ready to take the OC job.  Not sure what we do if Frazier moves on.   Frazier is 61 so he may not want to move on.  I'll be happy for either guy if they get a HC job.  Both have earned another opportunity.

My expectation is that "the process" is solid enough to handle losing any one member of the staff and believe that to a certain extent both Daboll & Frazier are happy in their current roles.  (Hoping the ST Coordinator is as well.)

But with that said, it would be awesome to get 1-2 more years of continuity to really cement this team's identity in all 3 phases.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

As someone who has paid very close attention to him the last few years due to fantasy, no thanks.  He’s not very good.  Every back on the Ravens roster out performed him immensely including household names like Justice Hill.  I like Yeldon and Freeman.  TJ has shown ability in limited circumstances. 

The way Daboll has been calling it, they may only run a few times any way.   

Dislike Freeman. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SyrSabreFan said:

Since he passed through waivers, he can play right away.

Ah - interesting. I must have read something about the inability to claim him off waivers. Your post led me to a report from NBC which relates as follows:

A team could have claimed Ingram on waivers simply to keep him from, for example, the Bills. That happened in 2002, when Washington waived Deion Sanders from the reserve/retired list so that he could sign with the Raiders for the Super Bowl run. The Chargers claimed Sanders on waivers, a vindictive move by former Washington coach Marty Schottenheimer, whose hiring in Washington eventually prompted Sanders to retire.

6 hours ago, WildCard said:

Let's take a look at the Buffalo Bills's staff. Beane, McDermott, DC Frazier and OC Daboll. Top tier staffing with top tier results. It took some time for the new owner to get it right but after he signed McDermott as the HC and empowered him what followed led to the team's rapid rise.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

The dividing line right now for football fans. My group: We knew Mahomes was going play all along.  The other group: So you think Mahomes has a shot a playing?  

Never a doubt.  

He better ***** play! When we win, I want no ***** excuses.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I agree to an extent but in the look at me now culture, Chiefs fans and more importantly, talking heads, will mention it at every possible occasion.  

And the only response to that will be.. "W".

Now... to lose to Chad Henne.. that would suck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.