Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm not a fan of Knox.  Seemed to drop to many balls and Kroft was hurt most of the year (or it felt that way).  

I agree.  I'd like to keep Dawson as a TE1A. Give me someone sure handed. Greg Olsen would have been ideal. Put him in on third down or goal line situations but use Knox more prolifically as a down the field threat. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I agree.  I'd like to keep Dawson as a TE1A. Give me someone sure handed. Greg Olsen would have been ideal. Put him in on third down or goal line situations but use Knox more prolifically as a down the field threat. 

Delanie Walker, Tyler Eifert could be Olsen-esque available TEs

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

We need someone reliable at TE.  Someone who gets the big 1st down or makes the big catch in the endzone.  We don't have that guy.

Gordon still averaged 3.8 yards per carry last year, just below his career number of 4.0.  He had 8 rushing TD’s in only 12 games which is his 4th straight year with 8 or more TDs.  He also catches pretty well out of the backfield and is only 26.  

I think he has a great deal of tread left, but in today’s NFL RBs a kind of a dime a dozen.  He sounds like the perfect candidate for Beane special, the 1yr prove it contract.  

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

So did Austin Ekeler, yet he managed to produce just fine. 

Ekeler's rushing per carry also fell significantly last season from 5.2 in 2018 to 4.2 in 2019.  Where Ekeler excelled was the check down passing game.  His receptions went from 39 in 2018 with 404 yards to 92 with 993 yards in 2019.  Ekeler had a great season last year but in was 2/3 in the passing game.

I think Beane is looking to do something similar here with Singletary in the Ekeler role and then Gordon in the short yardage/banger role.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Bills and Chargers were in on it till the end apparently. Means the Bills are definitely looking for RB help

The Bills were always going to be looking for more RB help.  Singletary can't do it alone and in today's NFL with injuries and specialization, our lack of re3al depth behind Singletary meant we need another good veteran.

Now the question who Beane turns to instead.

20 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

42 minutes ago, WildCard said:

There are quite a bit of tweets that disagree with Wawrow 

Including the above article on CBSsports.com

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Including the above article on CBSsports.com

The basis of that article being the tweet from Matt Parrino, who i think is the only person that rumored there was interest in Gordon. It makes sense to me that the Bills would be interested. I was more interested in the comment that it came down to Buffalo and Denver, which I guess I didn't clearly state in my above post. 

From Bill Barnwell of ESPN:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28871296/2020-nfl-free-agency-trade-grades-bill-barnwell-tracks-every-big-signing-move

Addison likely took a bit of a discount to play for McDermott, given how much edge rushers are being paid. That is a useful reminder of how quickly the story has flipped for Buffalo, which was once thought of as a place free agents wouldn't want to go. It's also an indicator of where the Bills are; with Tom Brady leaving the Patriots, the Bills are the favorites to win the AFC East. Spending 5% of the cap on a 32-year-old edge rusher who might play only 50% of the defensive snaps wouldn't have made sense for the Bills for much of the Brady era. Now, having rebuilt their roster and waited out the Patriots, Buffalo is rightfully in win-now mode.

As I've said previously, the success the Bills are having -- including the improved perception of their franchise around the NFL -- is a big factor in giving me hope for TP's ownership of the Sabres.

It's all about getting the right guys in to run the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.