Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

Considering Beasley just said the Colts was the toughest defense they faced all season, this can only be good news for Buffalo

Bills will face completely different defense in the divisional round (BAL) than they saw in the wild card round (IND)

Rank in number of defensive snaps in man coverage

BAL - 4th
IND - 28th

Rank in number of blitzes in regular season

BAL - 1st
IND - 30th

— Chris Trapasso (@ChrisTrapasso) January 11, 2021

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

If Daboll keeps the playbook closed and runs the vanilla offense they ran against indy again, we will lose. The best drive was the 2 minutes drill where Allen easily went down the field because he rolled out and threw receivers open on the edges. 

Given how much work goes into these things, I'm gonna say that over-simplifies matters. Indy was clearly doing things that took away what the Bills like to do - so maybe credit to them rather than faulting our coordinator.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Given how much work goes into these things, I'm gonna say that over-simplifies matters. Indy was clearly doing things that took away what the Bills like to do - so maybe credit to them rather than faulting our coordinator.

He ran up the gut on three straight plays including 2 plays where there were are least 8 guys in the box. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If Daboll keeps the playbook closed and runs the vanilla offense they ran against indy again, we will lose. The best drive was the 2 minutes drill where Allen easily went down the field because he rolled out and threw receivers open on the edges. 

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He ran up the gut on three straight plays including 2 plays where there were are least 8 guys in the box. 

They had at least 3 drive starts inside their own 15.  While I would have appreciated them sticking to their fully array of plays, it’s not hard to see why they shortened it up a bit.  I hope they either have a long sit down with Robert’s about when he should or shouldn’t take the ball out of the end zone or just sit him altogether.  I think McKenzie is as good or a bette return man any way, regardless of All-Pro status.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

They had at least 3 drive starts inside their own 15.  While I would have appreciated them sticking to their fully array of plays, it’s not hard to see why they shortened it up a bit.  I hope they either have a long sit down with Robert’s about when he should or shouldn’t take the ball out of the end zone or just sit him altogether.  I think McKenzie is as good or a bette return man any way, regardless of All-Pro status.  

MacKenzie muffed several punts at Georgia so I would hesitate to give him that job. 

Oddly enough if Rodrigo Blankenship was going to miss a field goal, it would be from the side of the field he did. 

• Like (+1) 1

Man, that hurts. My sense is that his pass protection is better than Singletary's. Not sure how Week 17 superstar Antonio Williams does with that sort of stuff. Yeldon is presumably a better option than Williams when it comes to picking up blitzers.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I was curious about this McD quote:

"Zack being out, we'll look at guys on our roster that we have a lot of confidence in, T.J. and Antonio and [practice squad player] Christian [Wade] there, so we'll take a look at what our options are. And like I said, we've got a lot of confidence in all three of those guys," coach Sean McDermott said Monday.

I thought Wade was ineligible to play this season?

21 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Put the Fork in the Steelers.  They are done.  Bring on the Ravens. 

NFC (Old Guard) 

Brady (TB) age 43

Brees (NO) age 42

Rodgers (GB) age 37

Goff (LA) age 26 - 1st overall in 2016 draft

Strange, all two word name cities

vs.

AFC (New Guard)

Mahomes (KC) age 25 - 10th overall in 2017 draft (with our pick)

Allen (BUF) age 24 - 7th Overall in 2018 draft

Jackson (BAL) age 24 - 32nd overall in 2018 draft

Mayfield (CLE) age 25 - 1st overall in 2018 draft

I'm impressed with the ex-Bills backup QBs turned coaches

Frank Reich created a master game plan and nearly beat us

Alex Van Pelt has been doing a great job as the Cleveland OC this season.  My guess is he had a huge impact on Baker Mayfield. 

The 3 & 4 seeds lost in both the AFC and NFC.  

Lamar vs Allen is great, but how much better would it have been if they didn't re-seed and Buffalo was playing Cleveland for a right to play in the AFC championship.

AVP called an interesting game yesterday. I think he should have run more, especially after huge lead. Should be remembered he didn’t call plays all year as Stefanski was really coordinator.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I was curious about this McD quote:

"Zack being out, we'll look at guys on our roster that we have a lot of confidence in, T.J. and Antonio and [practice squad player] Christian [Wade] there, so we'll take a look at what our options are. And like I said, we've got a lot of confidence in all three of those guys," coach Sean McDermott said Monday.

I thought Wade was ineligible to play this season?

He definitely can’t play.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.