Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

46 minutes ago, LTS said:

They're not wrong, especially when it comes to time zones.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of them being the only friggin state in the union that doesn't do daylight saving time. Arizona is like "...nah, you figure out what time it is here."

13 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of them being the only friggin state in the union that doesn't do daylight saving time. Arizona is like "...nah, you figure out what time it is here."

So, it is in San Fran’s time zone,... for half the year,... just not this half.

Edited by SwampD

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

So, it is in San Fran’s time zone,... for half the year,... just not this half.

Which makes sense considering how many people living there work in CA.

(Kind of like prior to 2006 Gary, IN staying w/ Chicago & being w/ the rest of the state 1/2 the year.  But now that IN uses DST, Gary never catches up anymore.)

23 hours ago, ubkev said:

All you've ever wanted to know.. https://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/daylight-savings-time-state-legislation.aspx#:~:text=All states but Hawaii and,also do not observe DST.

Hawaii does not observe DST either and the Navajo nation does observe it in their portion of AZ so they can remain in sync with the parts of their nation that are in UT and NM.

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

Which makes sense considering how many people living there work in CA.

(Kind of like prior to 2006 Gary, IN staying w/ Chicago & being w/ the rest of the state 1/2 the year.  But now that IN uses DST, Gary never catches up anymore.)

I knew about this one but I could not remember exactly where in IN the situation occurred and knew that it had since been aligned but could not remember when.  Thanks.

Also.. something about football.. just so I can say I stayed on topic.  🙂

43 minutes ago, LTS said:

All you've ever wanted to know.. https://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/daylight-savings-time-state-legislation.aspx#:~:text=All states but Hawaii and,also do not observe DST.

Hawaii does not observe DST either and the Navajo nation does observe it in their portion of AZ so they can remain in sync with the parts of their nation that are in UT and NM.

🙂

I didn't know that about Hawaii. But to be fair, I also have no idea what time it is in Hawaii without looking it up. 

Also, AJ Klein is AFC defensive player of the week. Because football.

11 hours ago, ubkev said:

I didn't know that about Hawaii. But to be fair, I also have no idea what time it is in Hawaii without looking it up. 

Also, AJ Klein is AFC defensive player of the week. Because football.

Joey Bosa lost so he can’t be rewarded. Klein has been a step less than fantastic the last three games. 

Josh Allen has had a clean pocket on just 61.8% of his dropbacks this season (4th fewest in the NFL, min. 300 DBs)

Allen has completed 77.4% of his passes out of a clean pocket (most in the NFL) 🔥

Stats via @pff #BillsMafia

— Michelle Magdziuk (@BallBlastEm) December 4, 2020

EoZ8ma8WMAAjEJT?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Great feature on Bruce Smith

https://theathletic.com/2211688/2020/11/23/buffalo-sabres-salary-cap/?article_source=search&search_query=\\"Taylor hall\\"

Most dominant athlete in Buffalo sports history?

I think it's either him, or Hasek, with OJ knocking on the door.

Would agree it's Hasek.  But supporters of McAdoo & Tavares can make solid cases as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Great feature on Bruce Smith

https://theathletic.com/2211688/2020/11/23/buffalo-sabres-salary-cap/?article_source=search&search_query=\\"Taylor hall\\"

Most dominant athlete in Buffalo sports history?

I think it's either him, or Hasek, with OJ knocking on the door.

I will give the nod to Bruce for football, for sure. But, yeah - it's Hasek atop that list, for me.

Also, if OJ is knocking on a door - best not to open it - that guy comes in packing and hot.

51 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would agree it's Hasek.  But supporters of McAdoo & Tavares can make solid cases as well.

Was McAdoo really that good? I have no idea. 

I think that Tavares doesn't qualify because the sport is just too niche - even for the Buffalo market.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I will give the nod to Bruce for football, for sure. But, yeah - it's Hasek atop that list, for me.

Also, if OJ is knocking on a door - best not to open it - that guy comes in packing and hot.

Was McAdoo really that good? I have no idea. 

I think that Tavares doesn't qualify because the sport is just too niche - even for the Buffalo market.

But Dom comes OUT packing and hot. Please Uncle Smell, tell the story one more time! Pllleeeeeeeeease.

• Haha (+1) 2

Correction (though it's still not great) :

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-and-fans-get-national-spotlight-but-theres-still-nostalgia-for-those-1-p-m/article_493a9cd6-367c-11eb-8a58-cfee1cd555bd.html#:~:text=They haven't won at,-18%2C in South Florida.

They haven't won at home on "Monday Night Football" since Sept. 26, 1994, when Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas led Buffalo to a 27-20 victory against John Elway and the Denver Broncos.

And they haven't won at all on "Monday Night Football" since 1999, when they defeated the Miami Dolphins, 23-18, in South Florida.

Is that not how we do quotes anymore?

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.