Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Josh got shoved three times at least a yard out of bounds. He spins the ball and gets a penalty. Moss flicks the ball,... penalty,... mmm, k.

Refs were atrocious.

It really was never in doubt, but the Bills need the killer instinct to close out these games.

Ik we don't get calls a lot, but these last 3 games vs Seattle, Arizona, and the personal fouls today have been awful 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

That Chargers coach is the only reason the Bills won that game. 

I don’t think I’ve seen that level of incompetence since watching previous recent Bills coaches. 

The refs are the only reason the Chargers were in that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Josh got shoved three times at least a yard out of bounds. He spins the ball and gets a penalty. Moss flicks the ball,... penalty,... mmm, k.

Refs were atrocious.

It really was never in doubt, but the Bills need the killer instinct to close out these games.

Actually, the call that bothered me most was the 4th and 17 play on the last drive that was negated because of OPI on Guyton. That should have been reviewed and overturned, because he never caught the ball. The Bills would have had the chance to decline the penalty and end the game right there. Replay officials absolutely missed that one.

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

That Chargers coach is the only reason the Bills won that game. 

I don’t think I’ve seen that level of incompetence since watching previous recent Bills coaches.

I don't know if the Chargers would have won with better coaching at the end, but they absolutely should have gotten to the onside kick with some time remaining.  They should have not wasted timeouts earlier, "clocked the ball" or at least played "hurry up" when the clock was running and taken several pass attempts at the end zone before kicking the field goal (if the pass attempts failed.)  There's no reason that shouldn't have been a one score game.

42 minutes ago, WildCard said:

With San Fran's county new COVID measures, the 49s aren't allowed to play/practice at home anymore. Rumor is the MNF game against the Bills on 12/7 will be held in Arizona instead.

... Why wouldn't you just hold it in Buffalo. Not like there are fans in the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So? Doesn't change this situation at all.

If it's easy to move the game to Arizona then go for it, but if there are any issues finding a place for the game, buffalo is 100% open and capable. There's no fans anyways. 

I wonder if it's hard to get up for a game for the players without the fans, kind of feels like a scrimmage. 

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Unfair to the 49s losing a home game and the rest of our division that we get an extra home game.

Wasn't fair to the Bills to play Tennessee after they had two weeks off either, especially with all the changes in when that game was going to be played. 

Also I feel like the leagues priority should be finishing the season under COVID. Makes more sense for 1 team to travel as compared to 2. 

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Again, not related situations.

You are using the idea of fairness. There has already been ample evidence this season that it won't be fair by normal standards. There are no fans in the stands, the league should hold the game in Buffalo because that means 1 less team has to travel. 

Idc about fairness, I care about COVID. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

You are using the idea of fairness. There has already been ample evidence this season that it won't be fair by normal standards. There are no fans in the stands, the league should hold the game in Buffalo because that means 1 less team has to travel. 

There is nothing preventing this game from being played at all. Either it will be played in Arizona, or Buffalo. One of these options is more fair than the other. With or without fans one of these teams has to travel across the country, that's a disadvantage. When there is an opportunity to do the fair thing in a competitive league it should be done. Just because there were other scenarios that could have been handled differently does not mean they should just treat everything with similar ineptitude. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

the league should hold the game in Buffalo because that means 1 less team has to travel. 

Idc about fairness, I care about COVID. 

I see your point, but, from a competitive balance standpoint, the 49ers would raise a hue and cry if they had to go east to play another game. I trust that it means something (a lot?) to west coast teams to be able to play in their home time zone.

Edited by That Aud Smell

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I see your point, but, from a competitive balance standpoint, the 49ers would raise a hue and cry if they had to go east to play another game. I trust that it means something (a lot?) to west coast teams to be able to play in their home time zone.

But Arizona isn't in their home time zone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.