Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

Here's a question: why take a knee on the extra point?  What if they committed a penalty on the kickoff after the Bills managed to advance it some.  Game can't end on a defensive penalty, so the Bills would be kicking for the win.  I just didn't see the cost of kicking it.  Am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Miami has a superior defense and running game. 

They played basically the same game against Arizona and only some strange plays by Arizona gave Miami the win.

Their defense looked good against the Rams, not so good against Arizona, Seattle or Buffalo. We will see at the end but I’m still confident Buffalo will have clinched before week 17.

5 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Here's a question: why take a knee on the extra point?  What if they committed a penalty on the kickoff after the Bills managed to advance it some.  Game can't end on a defensive penalty, so the Bills would be kicking for the win.  I just didn't see the cost of kicking it.  Am I missing something?

I was wondering the same thing. It was almost as if they thought the clock would run. The announcers mentioned the chance of block but I thought only way defense could score is if offense threw an interception and it was returned all the way.

of course the bettors are freaking because it was -2.5

Edited by tom webster

10 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Because if the D gets a block on a kick or a turnover on a play from scrimmage, the ball is live & if the Bills can get it to the end zone they tie the game.

Miami could take the division lead if they win the next 3 games.  We got a Pittsburger in there.  They do have a tougher stretch last 4.  We are going to have to play better football the rest of the way.  We really have not played well but well enough to be winning by the seat of our pants.  I'm shocked how undisciplined we are.  we have yet to truly blow a team out completely and play a full 60 minutes of good ball.  The best thing that could happen is if Denver pulls an upset. That would make up for this debacle. I have a feeling this will come down to week 16.

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Come on. It was an incredible catch. They made some great plays to give Allen a chance, he succeeded and they just got beat by a better play. It happens when you play good teams.

It was an incredible catch.  I'm just not looking forward to "You Got Mossed!" going absolutely out of their minds about this catch, and not just for one week either.

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Great game. Hell of a hail mary catch for Hopkins.

Not at all unhappy, was thoroughly entertained.

No looking back, on to the rest of the season and hopefully a division title.

I’m only now just getting to a point where I’m not felony level of violent about it.  Thank god my kid was in bed and my wife was at work.  I haven’t been this angry is years.  I’d rather have lost by 50.  I’d rather they didn’t go ahead and score only to lose on the stupidest play I’ve ever seen.  I’m glad they have a bye so I can remove myself from all things Bills and maybe then and only then will my anger have subsided enough to not scream at everyone that steps within 15 feet of me (my current state).   

• Haha (+1) 1

Unbelievable.

I keep coming back to scoring:  it really seems like to beat a good team this year, you need to score in the mid-30s.  JA played lousy for a good chunk of the game, including most of the 2nd half (although the last TD drive was awesome, and what a great catch by Diggs in the end zone for the apparent win), and they just didn't put up enough points to insulate themselves from a freak occurrence. 

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Unbelievable.

I keep coming back to scoring:  it really seems like to beat a good team this year, you need to score in the mid-30s.  JA played lousy for a good chunk of the game, including most of the 2nd half (although the last TD drive was awesome, and what a great catch by Diggs in the end zone for the apparent win), and they just didn't put up enough points to insulate themselves from a freak occurrence. 

31 minimal is the target line for pretty much every game.  Scoring is up and we have one of the hardest schedules in the league.  The good thing is the Bills are getting battle tested and see what it would take to make a run.  

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

31 minimal is the target line for pretty much every game.  Scoring is up and we have one of the hardest schedules in the league.  The good thing is the Bills are getting battle tested and see what it would take to make a run.  

31 is definitely the target when you play four of the best offenses in the league and arguably the top four QB’s although I hate to include Tannehil(sic) in that conversation.

The next six games, two rookies, a second year guy, Cam, Nick Mullins and Big Ben.

Again, I think they are in good shape and I predict the storyline will be how the defense came together when a lot of it will be who they played.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

In other surprising news, New England beat Baltimore last night.... That's helpful to us. Maybe 

I’ll believe that once NE is eliminated from winning the division.  If the Bills have some sort of hangover or lagging effect from that RIDICULOUSLY STUPID GAME LAST NIGHT, this division could be up for grabs.  Miami already is the favorite in my mind. The Pats are just a couple games away from making it a problem.  

Maybe all the *****wads that we’re burying the Patriots and just talking smack about the Bills this season can STFU and keep their idiot mouths shut.  So much bad karma, it was due to bite us in the ass.  You reap what you sow.  

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’ll believe that once NE is eliminated from winning the division.  If the Bills have some sort of hangover or lagging effect from that RIDICULOUSLY STUPID GAME LAST NIGHT, this division could be up for grabs.  Miami already is the favorite in my mind. The Pats are just a couple games away from making it a problem.  

Maybe all the *****wads that we’re burying the Patriots and just talking smack about the Bills this season can STFU and keep their idiot mouths shut.  So much bad karma, it was due to bite us in the ass.  You reap what you sow.  

Dude, if NE comes back and is in the race at the end, my soul will die. Talk about a kick into the left testicle. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

That’s what he loss last night meant.  We went from pedal to the metal to a 50 car pile up in one play.  

All right.  Just relax.  Try to breathe through your nose.  At least the refs didn't screw the Bills on that particular play.  That would have been worse.  (As it is, we have the third quarter to enjoy.  "Just keep it close," I'm sure the halftime memo read.)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.