Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

5 minutes ago, Lanny said:

The way I generally think about it is that they're entertainers, moreso than playing a game. Adam Sandler got paid $275M to make 4 bad movies from Netflix. Same deal, same world, certainly doesn't make either right.  

It's tough for me sometimes, I can't get to Africa now because of Covid, which has really bummed me out, my kiddos over there can't even get food for daily consumption and it's wearing on me a little. I suppose it just caught me the wrong way on the wrong day. 

38 minutes ago, Lanny said:

The way I generally think about it is that they're entertainers, moreso than playing a game. Adam Sandler got paid $275M to make 4 bad movies from Netflix. Same deal, same world, certainly doesn't make either right.  

Yeah. It’s not a handful of people paying someone $21M. It’s 50M paying a $1/year in cash and eyeballs. 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

who/what now?

I assumed you were referring to the Jimmy Breslin book, The Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight.  Libby is a free app one can use to borrow digital versions of a book from the library.  All one needs is a library card and a device.  I would bet that @LGR4GM sees it as a portent of evil.  

Edited by Eleven

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Someone on TSW linked a Jets forum and I read some posts. Apparently Bills fans are flannel wearing poor alcoholics who eat squirrels in the winter and are generally just white trash. Never really hated the Jets until right now

To be fair, a guy in camo tossed a piece of cooked raccoon meat in my mouth two tailgate openers ago. The worst ***** I have ever chewed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Eleven said:

I assumed you were referring to the Jimmy Breslin book, The Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight.  Libby is a free app one can use to borrow digital versions of a book from the library.  All one needs is a library card and a device.  I would bet that @LGR4GM sees it as a portent of evil.  

okay, now i need to read the book and watch the movie. honest to god: it was an expression i picked up and enjoyed - i had thought it was a western!

21 hours ago, Eleven said:

?

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Jesus. Why would you remember that?

You don't remember every single argument you've ever had and think about what you would have said a decade later while in the shower only to have your wife ask "who the ***** are you talking to?"

Yeah, me neither.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

A significant (vocal, at least) contingent of KC fans booed the players of both teams when they gathered for a pre-game moment of unity.

/Ducks out of thread right quick.

Almost like years of dehumanizing vitriol coming from the highest offices has had an effect. 

shocked philip j fry GIF

9 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

A significant (vocal, at least) contingent of KC fans booed the players of both teams when they gathered for a pre-game moment of unity.

I wouldn't say that.  It didn't sound that large to me. 

And when they asked for a moment of silence, the stadium was pretty much silent.  

Having said that, KC is the sort of flyover country where booing protestors fighting for social justice is popular, I would imagine.

Never been there.

52 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

KC is the sort of flyover country where booing protestors fighting for social justice is popular, I would imagine.

Never been there.

It is a fun, cool town - with vibes that in some way resemble those of Buffalo, etc. 

But it's also like most (all) places. It may not take all types, but they got all types.

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Remember it was all about disrespecting the flag until they removed the flag. Now it is magically about something else. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.