Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

On 8/31/2020 at 10:02 AM, tom webster said:

That is a complete mis-representation but we will just have to agree to disagree.

Show me any business where the owners say just keep spending money and don’t worry about the results and I’ll show you a business no longer in operation.

The “let them eat cake” reference implies they won’t pay for results and that’s not true. I’m not doing a good job of explaining it if you think the slide meant we have ours and we don’t care what you have.

If you believe it’s their job to keep PSE and HarborCenter run no natter what the losses are then we are in a completely different place.

My point being, it's not just about the slide.  It's about their statements on "trust us" and "we might have more information" and other dismissive statements that generally are not the approach one should take when dealing with your fans.

The slide is just one aspect of things.

I did appreciate your other responses as well.  I just chose to quote this one.  for what it's worth, there are businesses that do this.  Amazon lost money for a long time.  But generally a business will invest heavily if it expects to see returns.. this business has not had the returns so that spending has to stop.  You get no argument from me there.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Okay. But now, more please. When are we gonna get an "Hmmmm" tweet, or whatever that thing is you do before dropping a story?

Not sure if any hmmm things are happening any time soon. I'm juggling NHL playoffs and Bills these days. Only so many hours in the day for a little while.

I will say, nothing that's happened in the past two months have led me to believe the Sabres are on the right track.

I could be wrong, but they seem intent on winning PR battles as opposed to structural ones.

jw

• Sad 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, john wawrow said:

I will say, nothing that's happened in the past two months have led me to believe the Sabres are on the right track.

I could be wrong, but they seem intent on winning PR battles as opposed to structural ones.

jw

That is discouraging, but, sadly, not surprising. They’re the gang that can’t shoot straight. Cohesion in football ops seems to have occurred by dumb luck.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

That is discouraging, but, sadly, not surprising. They’re the gang that can’t shoot straight. Cohesion in football ops seems to have occurred by dumb luck.

Or it’s a personality thing, and what works in football doesn’t works in hockey. Seems to me like they are very different cultures.

48 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Expected White's deal to look good for the Bills by the time it was into the heart of it.  Didn't expect it to look good w/in a week of getting it signed (& IINM, 2 years before it actually kicks in).

But also, how do the Rams keep affording all these mega-contracts?

All wings Packers Lurker report in:  I see y’all picked up Kumerow for the PS. He’s a very good blocker, but the Packers have 4 TEs and several big receivers who block well on the roster so he was expendable. He’s also 28 years old and has only been noticeable on busted coverages and extended plays (and in garbage time against 3rd stringers in previous preseasons). And other backup receivers (ESB) are better gunners than he. He’s JAG.

Don’t listen to the Packers fans who loved him because he played at UW-Whitewater or claim that he was the next Jordy Nelson. I wish him the best (and I always have hopes for the Bills ever since Kenneth Davis and James Lofton, and even Paup headed that direction), but he’s not about to become an impact player.

Now, as to this Foster guy the Packers just signed to the PS from the Bills…  clearly he’s the next ‘Tae Adams, Nelson, Greg Jennings, Free, Sharpe!  🍺

14 hours ago, SwampD said:

Or it’s a personality thing, and what works in football doesn’t works in hockey. Seems to me like they are very different cultures.

well, from what i read and hear, the business operations of the football team are a sh1t show as well. it really does seem like they chanced upon mcdermott, who begat beane. 

i'm not saying those 2 guys are the best thing since sliced (PRO-cessed) cheese, but they are at least stable and competent leaders. and they may yet prove to be even more than that (fingers crossed).

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

The second time in three hours that this has been mentioned to me.  I'm borrowing it on Libby tomorrow.

it's a saying i adopted from one of my real life heroes. when it fits, it's so good.

who/what now?

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

21 million a year to play a game....this world. Sometimes I just can't. 

Really? Man, I left that gripe in the dust years ago. I have far bigger problems with the fatter cats (the owners) who amass hundreds of millions, billions in investment or interest income through varying forms of corporate welfare, tax dodges, and the like. 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

21 million a year to play a game....this world. Sometimes I just can't. 

The way I generally think about it is that they're entertainers, moreso than playing a game. Adam Sandler got paid $275M to make 4 bad movies from Netflix. Same deal, same world, certainly doesn't make either right.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.