Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

16 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Robert Kraft is a pretty prominent Donald Trump supporter. Or at least he was last time I checked. 

Probably so, on at least some level (money). I recall seeing him with Jay Z recently - throwing his weight behind a criminal reform movement.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

but in my opinion I don't know if I could call Bob Kraft left leaning. 

I hear you. The issues that arise from the middle east are impossibly complicated, for me. He may be a bit of a mixed bag? Anyhoo - safe to say that a strongly pro Israel Jewish American wouldn’t be a fan of an avowed white nationalist.

It’s not like any chief executives in America have placed such conflicting world views in their cabinet of top advisors.

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I hear you. The issues that arise from the middle east are impossibly complicated, for me. He may be a bit of a mixed bag? Anyhoo - safe to say that a strongly pro Israel Jewish American wouldn’t be a fan of an avowed white nationalist.

It’s not like any chief executives in America have placed such conflicting world views in their cabinet of top advisors.

Actually this is kinda the point I'm getting to. Being pro-Israel doesn't exclude you from being tolerant of a white nationalism in 2020, especially if you're massively wealthy. Again, I really don't want to get into this here, but let's just say that if you're a left leaning Jew who is critical of the Israeli government you may get called anti-Semitic by conservative Jews who tolerate white nationalism. Like I said, it's complicated. Judaism is not monolithic and can suffer the same corruptions as any other religious group... I would be wary of assuming anything about Bob Kraft...

Edited by darksabre

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Dude:

The player in question is his brother Rick's son.

I know. Daddy and uncle are muscled soap-opera actors.  Would I care if his mother was a world-class ballerina?  No.  He's some guy from some school no one has heard of, who got signed by some team that no one here cares about.  He's as relevant as I am.  And it doesn't appear that he has a White Power tattoo, either, so that's probably why the Pats didn't sign him.

Edited by Eleven

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Probably so, on at least some level (money). I recall seeing him with Jay Z recently - throwing his weight behind a criminal reform movement.

And Trump passed a massive criminal justice reform bill with the help of...Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. These issues tend to only be black and white when they are made out to be. To paraphrase Charles Koch “there’s always something I can agree on with anyone.”

However, you are most certainly right HOV and Queen Bey find themselves on the left side of things. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

What does any of this have to do with the Buffalo Bills?

Great friggin question.

Undrafted UFAs signed by the Bills according to CBS -

Buffalo Bills

• Reggie Gilliam, FB, Toledo
  • Ike Brown, CB, FIU
  • Trey Adams, OL, Washington
  • Garrett Taylor, S, Penn State
  • Marquel Harrell, OL, Auburn
  • Josh Thomas, DB, Appalachian State
  • Antonio Williams, RB, North Carolina
  • Brandon Walton, OL, FAU

More info on the players https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/25/buffalo-bills-undrafted-free-agents-nfl-draft-signings/

Interesting info on Trey Adams

Washington offensive lineman Trey Adams

The most recent addition to the Bills is the biggest – literally. Adams is a mountain of a man at 6-8 and 314 pounds. His college career was derailed by knee and back surgeries, but there was a time before that when he was considered a potential first-round draft pick.

He fell out of the draft after a poor showing at the NFL scouting combine, where he ran a 5.6-second 40-yard dash, had a 24.5-inch vertical leap and a 7-foot-8 broad jump, all among the worst results in those events. Adams had several offers before deciding on the Bills.

At the end of the draft, Adams was considered the top prospect left on ESPN’s rankings. His overall ranking of No. 73 would be the equivalent of the third round.

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I posted the tweet because I don't think there is an NFL thread and figured this was the best place to put it. Posted it because it was really funny to anyone who is a wrestling fan because the Steiner Math promo was probably the greatest moment in TNA history.

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

57 minutes ago, #freejame said:

It doesn’t, things went a little tangential between Robert Kraft and their new kicker. Mods are free to move whatever. 

It's week ... something of quarantine, fellas. Message board tangents are one of the few things I have left.

I've been thinking more about the Fromm pick and I think this is going to be great for them. I can't believe he dropped to the 5th round. I don't think he's got an NFL arm yet, but his ball placement is excellent. His ability to put the ball in the hands of a receiver under heavy coverage reminds me of Brady at Michigan. If this translates to NFL speed things could get interesting around here.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I've been thinking more about the Fromm pick and I think this is going to be great for them. I can't believe he dropped to the 5th round. I don't think he's got an NFL arm yet, but his ball placement is excellent. His ability to put the ball in the hands of a receiver under heavy coverage reminds me of Brady at Michigan. If this translates to NFL speed things could get interesting around here.

I’m a GA fan and season ticket holder and really like Fromm.  He got screwed last year by an OC who lacked creativity, the loss of his top 5 receivers from the previous season and the lack of a decent backup.

His skill set can work in the NFL but he has to work on arm strength and getting the ball out quicker.  Having NFL receivers should help. However this is a year or two away and even then I worry he is Aaron Murray 2. 

My best hope for him is that he uses his excellent football mind to develop into Frank Reich 2.  

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m a GA fan and season ticket holder and really like Fromm.  He got screwed last year by an OC who lacked creativity, the loss of his top 5 receivers from the previous season and the lack of a decent backup.

His skill set can work in the NFL but he has to work on arm strength and getting the ball out quicker.  Having NFL receivers should help. However this is a year or two away and even then I worry he is Aaron Murray 2. 

My best hope for him is that he uses his excellent football mind to develop into Frank Reich 2.  

It'll be interesting to see what he can do. I agree that he was probably failed by Georgia's coaching and lack of WR talent.

The Bills have done a good job of getting as much as they can out of Allen, who is similar but different from Fromm: a flawed QB with some intangibles that make up the gap. If they're able to work with Fromm he could provide a nice 1-2 punch for the Bills.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This was my thought as well.  Ideally he'll be someone who will progress through his career alongside Josh Allen and who can be both a friend and a competitor to Allen, and who can step in capably from time to time when Allen inevitably misses time due to taking too many big hits.

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If you want to watch Fromm and what he can be, I think the Rose Bowl is the best bet:

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

This was my thought as well.  Ideally he'll be someone who will progress through his career alongside Josh Allen and who can be both a friend and a competitor to Allen, and who can step in capably from time to time when Allen inevitably misses time due to taking too many big hits.

Ideally, IMHO, he becomes that Frank Reich for 3 seasons (he won't be this year and it'll be interesting to see what roster position loses the STer to account for 3 QBs on the roster) and then gets traded for either a 1st or a 2nd and the process of finding the backup repeats its self.  If he's the backup LT, then they'll have 1 of the lower tier backups, again IMHO.  Because if he's actually good, he'll want (and get) the chance to start somewhere else.  If he isn't they'll want/need to try again.

But, on paper, he has the makings of solidifying the 2QB for 2 - 3-1/2 seasons.  Which is a lifetime in the current NFL.  

Edited by Taro T

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

And let's face it, we have two more years of Allen plus his option year.  If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you now have Fromm with three years of development under his belt.  It's a decent insurance policy, one that every NFL team needs to have.

And on another note.  I met a new neighbor who moved in here about a month ago.  We're randomly talking with a couple people while out for a walk and then I noticed the red standing buffalo on his backwards hat.  He's from Rochester.  So that quickly turned into draft talk.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.