Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Bull. Shizz.

He is the reason we are going home.

Did you even watch the game?

We don't have a star Tight end. Not even close. We have an okey tight end(s).

Lol I'm not gonna argue with you cause you're angry about the game, I am too. That doesn't change anything I've said. Elite tight ends are nice pieces, like elite wr and running backs. I just posted a list of HoF tight ends that didn't win a title. If our number one misstep is not having the greatest tight end of all time well we're never winning anything. You act like Kelce wins a ring every year. There's a ton of reasons we didn't win this game it's just insane to point at the greatest TE season in history and say 'oh well yeah we need that of course that's why we lost' lol no ***** that would be nice I'm sure the best qb in the league with a all pro offense and HoF head coach had nothing to do with that though

35 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That's a different argument than what you gave. We have a good right end. Gonzalez, Gates, Kittle, Waller...they winning any champions? Did Gronk win it every year because he was the best of all time? Singling out the need for a top end tight end as our biggest barrier to the top when the Bucs are steam rolling teams with an elite defense is asinine. Kelce is amazing, it helps them a ton, but the Chiefs are much more than Travis Kelce

And the Bills would be much more than just the top-tier tight end should they add one.  Allen, Diggs, Beasley, even Davis when healthy are weapons that they have.  It's above having that option that can get you 7, 8, 9 yards any time you need it, and some big plays when you really need it.

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Lol I'm not gonna argue with you cause you're angry about the game, I am too. That doesn't change anything I've said. Elite tight ends are nice pieces, like elite wr and running backs. I just posted a list of HoF tight ends that didn't win a title. If our number one misstep is not having the greatest tight end of all time well we're never winning anything. You act like Kelce wins a ring every year. There's a ton of reasons we didn't win this game it's just insane to point at the greatest TE season in history and say 'oh well yeah we need that of course that's why we lost' lol no ***** that would be nice I'm sure the best qb in the league with a all pro offense and HoF head coach had nothing to do with that though

Nobody is saying that all any team needs is an elite tight end to win.  That would be a silly statement.  What we're saying is that adding a dominant TE to what the Bills have would push the offense to the next level.  We have a QB who is Elite (at least, he showed it at times this season) and two All Pro receivers.  TE is big a threat that they don't have.  Of course, there are other things that they need, including on defense.  If I'm ranking them, though, TE is one that I have near the top (again, given what we already have in place.)

Edited by carpandean

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

FTR, I’m not angry about the game. Not even a little. This was a great season.

We lost this game because our defense didn’t make a single play.

That has nothing to do with what I think would make our team even better next year.

I’d love Daboll to utilize passes to the backs and the TE more in our offense.  Most teams, like ours, don’t handle top TEs well. Our inability to stop Kelce stopped the Bills plain and simple.

Josh also needs to learn when to take a sack and how to make a decision to quickly throw the ball away when nothing is there.  He took some awful sacks in the playoffs and they cost us against the Chiefs.

We also need a better running game to close out games and 2 yards on 4th and goal.  O-line improved run blocking is essential.  We don’t have to run for 150 each week, but that threat will make the RPOs and play action even more effective.

On defense I’m not a huge fan of Frazier’s 4-2-5 defense.  Using only 2 linebackers can make us very vulnerable to the run and using a zone with that formation also makes us vulnerable to TEs.

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

The single greatest need this team needs to correct is the tight end position. We need a stud.

It's not a coincidence that the two teams left have Kelce and Gronk.

We also need to upgrade John Brown. He sucks. That's right. I said he sucks,… cuz he sucks.

Both teams left do have very good/ great TE's.  But Tampa's stud TE is Brate, not Gronk.

Looking at it the next day there was some very disturbing things to take away about the Bills.  I think we are a great team but I’m not sure we just rode some magic and it ran out.  The coaching was a disaster last night in every phase, lack of pass rush and run game, ...I’m not sure we are this good next year.  Beane has a lot of work to do for us to get to the next level which we are clearly way behind in. 

It’s funny and hard to say, but KC exposed the Bills lack of championship caliber personnel at key positions.

WR - we lack a down field burner.  KC has two in Hardman and Hill.  Diggs is a great all around receiver and we don’t give McKenzie enough tries down field, but both aren’t in the same speed class as the KC duo. Brown has played his last game here.

OL - Run blocking remains terrible.  I’m expecting at least two new starters.  We need them to win physical battles in short yardage and they don’t

RB - Are Singletary and Moss good enough? Honestly Yeldon’s pass catching ability was a bigger weapon then Singletary who needs to work on his hands. 

TE - Knox is improved but can he take it to another level to force D to change coverage  to stop him?  I doubt it.

Defense/DB. I don’t like Frazier’s 4-2-5 scheme with the 5 DB in zone coverage.  Part of that I think is he doesn’t trust his DB’s outside of White in man coverage.  Seems like a position to upgrade, especially if Frazier moves on.  I think playing only two linebackers hurt the D all season.

DL - I wouldn’t mind another good player here. We need to get pressure on guys like Mahomes from our 4 rushers.  

LB - Milano needs to be retained and I thought Klein got better as the year progressed.  Only issue is health and scheme.  Need more depth here.

KC is a pick your poison team and a great team.  If you stop Kelce, Hill and Hardman kill you.  If you don’t stop Kelce they are just as happy completing 15 throws to him at 10 yds a piece.  Their O-Line can also run block when necessary. 

McDermott knew or should have was that we couldn’t trade touchdowns for field goals.  To be a champion you need to beat the champs and he needed to go for it on close calls.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Looking at it the next day there was some very disturbing things to take away about the Bills.  I think we are a great team but I’m not sure we just rode some magic and it ran out.  The coaching was a disaster last night in every phase, lack of pass rush and run game, ...I’m not sure we are this good next year.  Beane has a lot of work to do for us to get to the next level which we are clearly way behind in. 

I don’t know. I think other then KC, Buffalo is as good as anyone. In my opinion, to bridge that gap, they need more speed on offense and continued development of Allen and an elite pass rusher.

My hope is, that despite the horrendous play of their defense yesterday, when they approach then offseason, they ask themselves how do we make our offense as good as KC instead of asking themselves how do we slow down their offense.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I don’t know. I think other then KC, Buffalo is as good as anyone. In my opinion, to bridge that gap, they need more speed on offense and continued development of Allen and an elite pass rusher.

My hope is, that despite the horrendous play of their defense yesterday, when they approach then offseason, they ask themselves how do we make our offense as good as KC instead of asking themselves how do we slow down their offense.

Why can’t we have both the Lobster and the cracked crab?  We need more speed on offense.  We need better run blocking on offense.  However we need a better scheme on defense.  We must get better at stopping the run, containing TEs and playing in man coverage.  Good teams just pick zone to death. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why can’t we have both the Lobster and the cracked crab?  We need more speed on offense.  We need better run blocking on offense.  However we need a better scheme on defense.  We must get better at stopping the run, containing TEs and playing in man coverage.  Good teams just pick zone to death. 

Hopefully, that guy is already on the team. He just opted out this season.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with that but obviously it didn’t matter except when they played Mahommes. They played one of the best schedules in the league and held up well. KC’s defense is very average but they appear better because every knows they have to score every time if they want a chance to beat them. That’s what I want for Buffalo.

Congrats to Mahomes and the rest of KC.

No, really ... you have an honoured position on the NS list of the most dastardly.

How does it feel to be lumped in the the damn Bruins, Flyers and Patriots.

Well done, indeed.

That said ...

Thank you Bills for a great season and the future is bright, indeed.  The players and the coaches will learn from this just as the 'bickering Bills' of 1989 did when they lost to the Bengals in the AFCCG.  We are very, very close.  A better QB exposed some weaknesses and a good defense that had a great plan confirmed some other weaknesses.

These Bills have won back a long-term fan that had abandoned you, when I felt abandoned by you, in the vast wasteland post 1995.  

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Can someone explain to me why Edmunds is thought of so highly? Whenever I watch him I see, missed tackles, bad coverage, and bad reads. 

@inkman put me hip to this. i don't think edmunds is particularly well thought of. the comparison to risto seems very apt. he cuts an imposing figure and seems like he should be a stud ... but the mental side of the game isn't there and performance suffers as a result.

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

@inkman put me hip to this. i don't think edmunds is particularly well thought of. the comparison to risto seems very apt. he cuts an imposing figure and seems like he should be a stud ... but the mental side of the game isn't there and performance suffers as a result.

He is a multiple pro bowl player, is he not?

I think something that gets overlooked with Edmunds is the degree of difficulty involved in playing his position. As one of only two linebackers he has a lot of range to cover, and if he makes a wrong read, he doesn't have much in the way of backup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think something that gets overlooked with Edmunds is the degree of difficulty involved in playing his position. As one of only two linebackers he has a lot of range to cover, and if he makes a wrong read, he doesn't have much in the way of backup.

But making the read or not is what makes that position

And our bad line makes his job harder and we put a lot of expectations on him

Though the lack of anyone ever covering Kelce lies on Frazier alone- we’re just looking for a scape goat 

I think people forget how raw Edmunds was when he got here.  He is only 22 now and a 3 year vet with 2 pro bowls under his belt.  He and Milano are asked to cover what most teams have 3 or 4 LB's to cover.  Sure he makes mistakes, but remember how poor are run D was when both he and Milano were hurt.  He also had the added responsibility of calling the D plays this year after Alexander retired.

The bad news for the NFL, is he is still learning his craft, especially as a play caller and will continue to get better.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think people forget how raw Edmunds was when he got here.  He is only 22 now and a 3 year vet with 2 pro bowls under his belt.  He and Milano are asked to cover what most teams have 3 or 4 LB's to cover.  Sure he makes mistakes, but remember how poor are run D was when both he and Milano were hurt.  He also had the added responsibility of calling the D plays this year after Alexander retired.

The bad news for the NFL, is he is still learning his craft, especially as a play caller and will continue to get better.

More than fair.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The problem is that he will always be compared to Luke Kuechley. Luke was a stud as a rookie and improved from there. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.