Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

Will everyone get down on Andy Reid for settling for a field goal there like they did on McDermott?

Edit: I know that the Bills were in the red zone, but I'm thinking more about the "down by 15 against an offense that you can't stop" part.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 1

I followed Tampa back in the day.  I searched today but it appears I must have pitched my Brad Johnson jersey at some point (John Lynch jersey was out of my price range at Laux).  I know it's Brady & Gronk (and that AB a-hole) but I'm enjoying watching KC getting smacked in the mouth.  I doubt it's coincidence the Bills and Bucs have gotten overly chippy with them.  Glad the hustle players like Evans and Brate put in is paying off. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

If you knew that it would have meant losing to Brady, would you have still wanted to the Bills to go to the SB?  That would have been the cruelest of ironies.

As soon as the refs started the 2nd Quarter "Marsha must win" flag parade, kept telling the wife that it would've been maddening to see the game get called so unevenly had the Bills been the opponent.

The game stunk.  But no idea how the commercials were this bad.  Did no locked down Hollywood copywriters come up with ANYTHING worth doing in 10 friggin' months?

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

KC is a Ferrari at a smash up derby.  That’s what this game was.  The Bills need to get way nastier on D and have to run the ball much more.  

The question is how to the Bills react to theTB’s win?  Apparently D still wins championships.

Do they focus on D in the draft.  We certainly need a pass rusher and a LB who can cover TEs.  We also need personnel who can man up on defense.  I hate the zone.

Or do they focus first on replacing O Line or upgrading RB and TE.  

Will there be any money in Free Agency to accomplish any of the above.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Only 3 times in SB history has a team not scored a TD, out of 110 possible teams. Brady has faced (and beaten) two of them; 2018 Rams, 2020 Chiefs.

Brady got every single call you could possibly hope for; the Chiefs 8 penalties for 95 yards in penalties is the most in penalties and yards in a half in SB history.

Mahomes hasn't lost like that since 2016 when he was in college

And we saw once again that a dominate defense will beat a dominate offense in the SB

The Bills would have gotten absolutely destroyed against the Bucs. 

Also Brady hasn't won or lost a SB by more than a TD in his 9 previous trips, this would be his first.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The question is how to the Bills react to theTB’s win?  Apparently D still wins championships.

Do they focus on D in the draft.  We certainly a pass rusher and a LB who can cover TEs.  We also need personnel who can man up on defense.  I hate the zone.

Or do they focus first on replacing O Line or upgrading RB and TE.  

Will there be any money in Free Agency to accomplish any of the above.

We need D line it's not a debate IMO. We need a line to stop the run and get there with 4. TB won because of the trenches

Edited by WildCard

31 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Reminded me of that Seattle - Pittsburgh Superbowl, where the Seahawks got hosed by big phantom calls all game.  That 2nd quarter last night was tough to watch, penalty-wise, and I had no rooting interest.

I thought most of the penalties were deserved as opposed to the Steelers SB where there were about 10 mysterious holding calls keeping the Seahawks at bay. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.