Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

I think there is a good chance KC is so good they could be the first team to win 3-4 in a row.  What I saw yesterday I have never seen before.  It was an offense so dynamic nobody can stop it.  I say build a super offense.  Draft one of those Florida receivers. Ain’t no defense going to stop this.  And don’t pay Josh $40 million or we are done.  

35 minutes ago, freester said:

The problem is that he will always be compared to Luke Kuechley. Luke was a stud as a rookie and improved from there. 

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

Why is he being compared to Kuechley?

Is he even being compared to Kuechley?  Freester's mention of it is the first I've heard, although I'll admit I'm not that deeply into NFL coverage.

So now that I've had some time to digest:  This was a fun season.  All Bills seasons are fun for me, because the group I watch the games with are energetic, eager to laugh, and good friends.  I'm nowhere near as emotionally invested in the Bills as I am the Sabres, either.

But this season really was especially fun.  The few people walking the streets these days were almost always in Bills gear.  People sang the shout chant in public.  There was something to talk about every day.

8 billion souls are suffering from incurable boredom right now.  We were fortunate to have something to enjoy.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I think there is a good chance KC is so good they could be the first team to win 3-4 in a row.  What I saw yesterday I have never seen before.  It was an offense so dynamic nobody can stop it.  I say build a super offense.  Draft one of those Florida receivers. Ain’t no defense going to stop this.  And don’t pay Josh $40 million or we are done.  

The Bills had an unstopable offence in the early 90s until they were stopable in 4 straight Super Bowls.  

I think the Bills offense is dynamic enough with a few fairly minor tweeks.  Defense wins the Super Bowl.  The Bills defense is not quite there yet, but almost.

That said, until a team has an answer to all that KC is they are going to dominate and you may be right that they could win several in a row.  That is very hard to do, mind you.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Is he even being compared to Kuechley?  Freester's mention of it is the first I've heard, although I'll admit I'm not that deeply into NFL coverage.

His expectations were similar. We traded up in the first to draft him to fill a similar role in a similar scheme as Luke, but he has had nowhere near that type of impact. 

44 minutes ago, freester said:

His expectations were similar. We traded up in the first to draft him to fill a similar role in a similar scheme as Luke, but he has had nowhere near that type of impact. 

Different scheme and Luke entered the NFL at 22 not 19 like Edmunds did.  It's just speculation on my part, but it will be interesting to see Edmunds numbers for the next 8 years and compare to Luke's my guess is Edmunds will be very close if not better.  

One thing I have been monitoring during these playoffs was new generation QB’s (Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield etc.) vs last generation of QB’s (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben).  Ultimately we have a matchup of the rightfully hated GOAT (Brady) vs. his replacement (Mahomes).  What I should have been following was the battles between experienced HC’s vs the youthful HC’s.  

Reid (KC) and Arians (TB) beat convincingly the “kids” LaFleur (GB) and McDermott (BUF).  In both game the kids got out coached.  The vets were more aggressive and their experience showed in the game planning.  

Both GB and BUF’s HCs will be better long-term because of these beatdowns.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

One thing I have been monitoring during these playoffs was new generation QB’s (Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield etc.) vs last generation of QB’s (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben).  Ultimately we have a matchup of the rightfully hated GOAT (Brady) vs. his replacement (Mahomes).  What I should have been following was the battles between experienced HC’s vs the youthful HC’s.  

Reid (KC) and Arians (TB) beat convincingly the “kids” LaFleur (GB) and McDermott (BUF).  In both game the kids got out coached.  The vets were more aggressive and their experience showed in the game planning.  

Both GB and BUF’s HCs will be better long-term because of these beatdowns.  

Yeah man McDermott coached scared.  I’d of been going for it on those 4th downs.  You had to know in the second quarter you’ll need 40.  What’s the difference if you lose 38-24 or 38-18?  Kicking FG you know you’ll lose for sure. I’d go down swinging if it were me.  Not a single fan would of lost respect for him for doing so.  

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yeah man McDermott coached scared.  I’d of been going for it on those 4th downs.  You had to know in the second quarter you’ll need 40.  What’s the difference if you lose 38-24 or 38-18?  Kicking FG you know you’ll lose for sure. I’d go down swinging if it were me.  Not a single fan would of lost respect for him for doing so.  

I agree.  I was yelling at the TV right before the half.  My family kindly suggested I take a walk.

• Haha (+1) 2

After that first possession, in which there were two drops ending their own drive, the Bills D never stopped the Chiefs a single time the entire game. Not once. I don’t care how good a team is, that has to be addressed before wondering why an offense with four broken receivers and a practice squad RB struggled.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, SwampD said:

After that first possession, in which there were two drops ending their own drive, the Bills D never stopped the Chiefs a single time the entire game. Not once. I don’t care how good a team is, that has to be addressed before wondering why an offense with four broken receivers and a practice squad RB struggled.

Again, KC and Tennessee are the only teams that took advantage of the defense. Yes, they can improve the defense but the way to beat KC when they play like they did yesterday is to trade TD’s and hope they make a mistake before you do. 

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, the three biggest reasons we lost:

1. Passive coaching decisions on offense. AKA going for FG’s knowing we needed TD’s. The Bills offense converted 80% of their 4th downs this season. Kicking a FG 2 yards from the goal is not a winners move. Kicking a FG from the 8, with only 3 yards for fresh downs, is almost as bad. If you don’t make it on either one, you’re still down 2 scores and giving KC bad field position. 

2. The absolute refusal to have ANYONE covering Kelce. Not after 3 catches, 5 catches, 8 catches BEFORE THE HALF. 

3. The wide open drop by Singletary. We were up 9-7 at the moment, and potentially could’ve built on that lead. This seemed to be a momentum-changing moment to me. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

1. Passive coaching decisions on offense. AKA going for FG’s knowing we needed TD’s. The Bills offense converted 80% of their 4th downs this season. 

2. The absolute refusal to have ANYONE covering Kelce. Not after 3 catches, 5 catches, 8 catches BEFORE THE HALF. 

3. The wide open drop by Singletary. We were up 9-7 at the moment, and potentially could’ve built on that lead. This seemed to be a momentum-changing moment to me. 

Number 3 was huge in my eyes as well. There was one guy between him and end zone. It’s tough blaming a couple plays in a blow out but that one was huge.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

Number 3 was huge in my eyes as well. There was one guy between him and end zone. It’s tough blaming a couple plays in a blow out but that one was huge.

I only yelled at the TV twice during the game, and this was the first time. I also wondered if McKenzie was called for that play instead, how different it might have been. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Or Yeldon, who is an excellent receiver,

I considered his name as an addition to McKenzie in my response, but he hadn’t been impressive at all in any games he was in prior to the KC game. 

He looked serviceable in the game, but I’m not sold. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The wide open drop by Singletary. We were up 9-7 at the moment, and potentially could’ve built on that lead. This seemed to be a momentum-changing moment to me. 

A friend looked at me and said "Ronnie Harmon" when that happened.

Edited by Eleven

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

Again, KC and Tennessee are the only teams that took advantage of the defense. Yes, they can improve the defense but the way to beat KC when they play like they did yesterday is to trade TD’s and hope they make a mistake before you do. 

This, this, a thousand times this.

There was NFW they were going to win this game without scoring at least 34 pts. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

1. Passive coaching decisions on offense. AKA going for FG’s knowing we needed TD’s. The Bills offense converted 80% of their 4th downs this season. Kicking a FG 2 yards from the goal is not a winners move. Kicking a FG from the 8, with only 3 yards for fresh downs, is almost as bad. If you don’t make it on either one, you’re still down 2 scores and giving KC bad field position. 

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

Sorry gents I must disagree.  That was a bad drop (one of at least 4 that I can recall), but it was only 1 play in a sea of offensive ineptitude.

The biggest reason they lost was that JA and Daboll were both mediocre.  They both needed to be at the top of their games for the Bills to have a chance.

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This, this, a thousand times this.

There was NFW they were going to win this game without scoring at least 34 pts. 

Sorry gents I must disagree.  That was a bad drop (one of at least 4 that I can recall), but it was only 1 play in a sea of offensive ineptitude.

The biggest reason they lost was that JA and Daboll were both mediocre.  They both needed to be at the top of their games for the Bills to have a chance.

I think if you swap QBs in that game, the outcome would have been the same. We lost as a team.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Here?

regardless, the ads are being shown based upon what you like.

Oh, we've had the discussion a number of times; I don't think for a minute that you are sitting around curating ads!  I do like noting them when they are funny, though.

And yes, here.

And of course it's not based upon what I like.  I've seen so many ads for gun lockers, cat food, and swimsuits for busty women...I don't have guns, I don't have cats, and I currently am in lack of a busty woman.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.