Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

Biggest change in the teams since the game week 6.  The Bills didn't have Milano and Felicano in week 6 or a healthy Edmunds.  All three are back and fully healthy.  That means they won't be able to run on us like last time or get as much pressure on Josh.  Had those 3 guys been fully healthy for that game it would have been a different outcome.  

Just saying.  However to be the best you have to be beat the best. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Had those 3 guys been fully healthy for that game it would have been a different outcome. 

Doubt it.  Allen had a garbage game; I think he was still recovering from his injury in the Raiders game.  One linesman isn't changing that.

On the other hand, let's not forget that the Chiefs had 2 extra days to prepare for us, since we had a shortened week thanks to Titans COVID shenanigans.

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Doubt it.  Allen had a garbage game; I think he was still recovering from his injury in the Raiders game.  One linesman isn't changing that.

On the other hand, let's not forget that the Chiefs had 2 extra days to prepare for us, since we had a shortened week thanks to Titans COVID shenanigans.

Yes, Allen is healthy as well.  Another plus.  However Allen's bad day was significantly influenced by the poor play of the O-line that day.  Since Felicano has returned the line has been one of the best in the NFL at pass protecting.  Also the tenor of the entire game changes if we could have stopped the run, something we do now regularly with the return of Milano and a healthy Edmunds.  Field position, time of possession, playing from behind all changes.  Remember we made it a one possession game with 7 minutes left.  We stop the Chiefs' last field goal drive and get the ball back with 2 minutes plus, we very well could have won even with Josh, Milano, Edmunds and Feliciano all injured.

I

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yes, Allen is healthy as well.  Another plus.  However Allen's bad day was significantly influenced by the poor play of the O-line that day.  Since Felicano has returned the line has been one of the best in the NFL at pass protecting.  Also the tenor of the entire game changes if we could have stopped the run, something we do now regularly with the return of Milano and a healthy Edmunds.  Field position, time of possession, playing from behind all changes.  Remember we made it a one possession game with 7 minutes left.  We stop the Chiefs' last field goal drive and get the ball back with 2 minutes plus, we very well could have won even with Josh, Milano, Edmunds and Feliciano all injured.

I

I thought the game plan against the Chiefs was to let them run and keep the ball out of Mahomes hands?  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I thought the game plan against the Chiefs was to let them run and keep the ball out of Mahomes hands?  

It was, and they did to a greater degree of success than some other teams. They do need to be better at it this time though. Just like Colts and Ravens game plan was to keep Allen and Diggs off the field, so to is the Bills game plan to keep MyHomie off the field. That will require a running game on Buffalo's part, or, a successful short game in the pass. Either way, execution of the game plan against the Chef boy are D's is going to be critical imo.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

It was.  But giving up 200 yards was way to much.

Yes it was, ya know what brings that number down? Keeping the KC offense off the field as long as possible.

Time of possession is going to be critical this game for the Bills, again, imho.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

Correct.  A hobbled Edmunds and no Milano gave us that.  I expect a much different game plan especially since Mahomes foot seems to be the issue KC is trying to disguise. 

We only blitzed once in week 6 according to a report I heard.  With a healthy Edmunds and Milano and Mahomes with turf toe, I expect much more blitzes.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We only blitzed once in week 6 according to a report I heard.  With a healthy Edmunds and Milano and Mahomes with turf toe, I expect much more blitzes.

According to NFL Network today the Bills didn't blitz at all that game.  Was the 1st time that's happened in an NFL game since 2016 supposedly.  (They didn't say what teams were involved in that '16 game.  Or, if they did, didn't catch who it was.)

Agree that they will be mixing in blitz packages today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.