Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

No way. He was choked for about a second and a half. It takes way longer than that for your brain to lose enough oxygen for you to be that wobbly. He was concussed.

Concussed from what, though?  His head didn't hit anything on that play.  Just his brain moving inside his head, maybe?

27 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You mean, other than his head being driven into the ground?

His head was not driven into the ground. It doesn't look like it hit the ground at all. Maybe it bounced off the Browns players helmet. I am not saying he was not concussed, it certainly looked like it. I am wondering if he suffered some whiplash to his neck. His neck got torqued pretty good.

58 minutes ago, carpandean said:

For extra fun, drink every time he says 'fencing response'.

See also sabering response, the reaction of Sabre fans to any two straight losses to start a season. Both arms extend down at a 45 degree and fingers move furiously and randomly.

I'll tell you, that was one of the top 10 best atmospheres I have ever been to in my sports life. I have no idea how that place sounded so loud with 6,700 fans but I know my voice is still gone. It seriously felt like we HAD to create noise from start to finish and everyone just gave it everything they had.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.facebook.com/HerdandTen/posts/214807297012701

Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes has in fact not sustained a concussion, but tweaked a nerve in his neck. Mahomes will still need to undergo tests this week to determine if he can play against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. His status for the upcoming matchup is up in the air

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

That didn't happen.  Still, the violent stop-start can cause a concussion, I think?  Medical doctors of SabreSpace?  

Yeah, I rewatched it. I can’t believe his head never hit the ground. What caused his head to jolt like that? Did the facemask hit the ball? 

15 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Is there actual debate over whether Mahomes was concussed? Good Lord.

A debate?  Probably not.  A discussion in which you're not required to participate unless you want to?  Yes, probably because of things like this:

And this:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/afc-championship-game-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-suffered-tweaked-nerve-not-concussion-per-report/

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

A debate?  Probably not.  A discussion in which you're not required to participate unless you want to?  Yes, probably because of things like this:

And this:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/afc-championship-game-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-suffered-tweaked-nerve-not-concussion-per-report/

So, the Vulcan Nerve Pinch is a real thing?  Who knew?

2021 setting up to be just as bizarre as 2020.  (Hopefully in a better way though.)

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Fine, fine.

That dude just looked concussed after that hit - as much as anyone I can recall in an NFL game in recent memory (excepting those who were fully knocked out).

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

Fine, fine.

That dude just looked concussed after that hit - as much as anyone I can recall in an NFL game in recent memory (excepting those who were fully knocked out).

Having looked at the Tweet and CBS article (a product of the same source), I have my doubts. I hope they’re being honest with themselves and each other on the “great news! No concussion!” stuff. OTOH, I recall Connolly’s persistent concussion symptoms ultimately being diagnosed as a neck problem.

Orlovsky, Simms, Dilfer, Kiper, Palmer...those are your actual analysts that don't hate Allen. Everyone else is an attention ***** pundit or too stubborn to admit their pre-draft evaluations of him we're wrong. 

Edited by WildCard

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You really want to have fun look up Allen v Darnold and listen to a bunch of idiots talk about how Darnold will be better and Tua is also better. 

Having seen Tua play this year, and at the obvious risk of being proven wrong, I'm just not sure what the scouts saw in him that was exceptional. Like, I seem to recall Mariota looking more impressive (explosive) as a young QB (and apologies for any insensitivity that comes from comparing Tua to an ethnically-similar QB (but they do seem like apt comparisons!)). 

The one thing that struck me was that Tua's release seems slow. But maybe that's just the weirdness of a left-handed QB influencing me.

Is it his accuracy and decision making that were thought to be exceptional? I guess the latter could come along by leaps and bounds, and thereby improve his accuracy. That said, I recall seeing multiple throws of his that were just errant, awful throws (like a quick screen thrown behind the running back).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.