Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, anyone else here initially think that Johnson screwed up by bringing that ball out of the endzone?

D'oh!  Great decision.

The intended receiver (actually, a TE, I believe) dove for his feet just as he was coming out of the end zone.  Imagine if he'd gone down on the 2 yard line.

1 minute ago, carpandean said:

The intended receiver (actually, a TE, I believe) dove for his feet just as he was coming out of the end zone.  Imagine if he'd gone down on the 2 yard line.

Would prefer not to.  😉

Would've just meant Allen & Diggs had some more work to do in the 4th. 

Still amazed there were essentially only 2 drives the entire 3rd quarter.

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Al Michaels has had some iconic moments but he’s a tool tonight.  Every Ravens player he mentions is somehow the best or one of the best. News flash bud, no they’re not.  Proof? Look at the score.

It sounded like Collinsworth was doing the same thing, imo.  It was nauseating.  Funny when the tides turned he started talking up the Bills.  

Hard to execute a passing offense in 30 miles an hour winds.  Josh still completed 65% of his throws and no turnovers.  I thought our game plan was very uninspired in the 1st half. Play action is much more effective when u actually run occasionally.  Also to many deep throws early.  This game called for a West Coast offense, screens and some jet sweeps.

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No reason not to be confident.  This is an excellent team and we are better then the Ravens.  We stopped Lamar and their running game last year and Allen is this year’s best QB against the blitz (they are the no. 1 blitzing team).  They held us to 3 field goals in that game and sacked us 6 times.  That won’t happen this time.  Our line is better, Allen is better at getting out of trouble and turning scrambles into big plays to Diggs and Davis.   

This team takes this game as a huge challenge and will be ready.

Pretty close.  I’d thought this offense would score more but can’t predict the wind.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Hard to execute a passing offense in 30 miles an hour winds.  Josh still completed 65% of his throws and no turnovers.  I thought our game plan was very uninspired in the 1st half. Play action is much more effective when u actually run occasionally.  Also to many deep throws early.  This game called for a West Coast offense, screens and some jet sweeps.

Completely agree

Just now, spndnchz said:

I genuinely dislike Collinsworth

Not to hard to dislike Gators.  

These announcers are so infatuated with Lamar’s athletic ability, that they forget that Allen is a monster athlete himself. Honestly as good as Lamar is on the ground, he is exceedingly mediocre in the passing game.  Allen is a better QB plain and simple.  He is arguably the 2nd best running QB, but is also now in the top 3 or so gunslingers in the NFL.

Who do you want; the guy with 5000 yards of offense and 46 TDs or the guy with 3750 yards of offense and 33 TDs?  Josh had 4544 yds passing plus another 433 running and receiving with 46 TDs.  Jackson gained 1000 rushing yards again, but was 1800 yards short throwing and only 33 TDs.  This game somewhat proved who the better QB is.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So:  O won the WC Game, the D won last night.  I feel like the complete game is coming.

A complete game is going to be needed to make it to the superbowl. Even if it is the Browns we face. They have a very dangerous offense for the Bills (power run with play action passing).

• Like (+1) 1

I remember OJ running the field, the Ferguson passes, Butler and Lewis as the wideouts. The 90's team. Flutie try. And then............that trade with New England, Bledsoe to Buffalo allowing Brady to take the helm in New England. Still unimaginable Buffalo's involvement in their own 20 years demise.

Now, it's looking like we have the right team, at the right time. I'm impressed with the achievements of this regime to date. There is next weeks game to get ready for. I think we win it, no matter if it's the Browns or the Chiefs. 

Following next week, given who's left in the NFC, we may very well be on a collision course with destiny, a chance to face the Bills biggest nemesis, Tom Brady.

Would make for one hell of a story line if it plays out this way. A once in a 100 year sports event imo.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.