Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

13 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Williams might still be active but you want someone that knows how to pass block especially against a blitz heavy team.

As well as a dependable receiving threat which TJ has been throughout his career.  Kids got talent.  Played at Bama.  

49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Seriously?  Bama's the home of Namath, Stabler, & Tua.  (1 of these things is not like the others.)  😉

Isn't that like 50 years apart between Stabler/Namath and Tua?  Bart Starr also went to Bama and Matt Jones looks like a player.

What school is QB U anyway?  Bama? Purdue with Brees, Len Dawson and Griese? BYU with Young and McMahon and now Wilson?  Georgia with Tarkenton, Trippi, and Stafford (Fields?)? Oklahoma currently with Murray and Mayfield? Miami for a while with Kelly, Kosar and Gino Toretta.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Isn't that like 50 years apart between Stabler/Namath and Tua?  Bart Starr also went to Bama and Matt Jones looks like a player.

What school is QB U anyway?  Bama? Purdue with Brees, Len Dawson and Griese? BYU with Young and McMahon and now Wilson?  Georgia with Tarkenton, Trippi, and Stafford (Fields?)? Oklahoma currently with Murray and Mayfield? Miami for a while with Kelly, Kosar and Gino Toretta.

Bart Starr.  Knew there was a 3rd "big name" from the past, but it just wasn't coming.

Perdue also had Gary Danielson.  (Probably underrated because he played on some awful Lion teams.)

It definitely does seem to be a bit cyclic in nature.

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't think there's a QB school, but there are definitely schools to avoid for QBs...USC, OSU, Alabama, etc.

43 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Not much question about but I will tell you one thing, I gave Katherine Webb McCarron a ride to the stadium and I can certainly vouch for their taster in woman.

They need a taster for them?  Just what are they afraid the women are packing?  😝

And how does one go about applying for that job? 😉

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I don't think there's a QB school, but there are definitely schools to avoid for QBs...USC, OSU, Alabama, etc.

I have a buddy who played in the NFL. He always told me that if you can play, the NFL will find you.  No where do I think this is more true then QB.

These are the AFC remaining QBs. Pretty diverse group of schools. 

Mahomes - Texas Tech

Allen - Wyoming

L. Jackson - Louisville

Mayfield - Oklahoma (started as a walk-on at Texas Tech).

This year’s draft will feature QBs in the 1st round from Clemson, OSU and Alabama, but also from BYU and ND St.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have a buddy who played in the NFL. He always told me that if you can play, the NFL will find you.  No where do I think this is more true then QB.

These are the AFC remaining QBs. Pretty diverse group of schools. 

Mahomes - Texas Tech

Allen - Wyoming

L. Jackson - Louisville

Mayfield - Oklahoma (started as a walk-on at Texas Tech).

This year’s draft will feature QBs in the 1st round from Clemson, OSU and Alabama, but also from BYU and ND St.

I agree. And that's what makes no QB U, because the NFL will find you and they need a QB more than anything, so they'll take a chance and trade up for a kid from the Mountain West.

I think QBs from Bama, OSU, and USC go high a ton, but they flake in the NFL when their roster isn't stacked compared to their peers.

Just checked a few different weather sites, weather, accu-weather (local) and Yahoo, all 3 are saying 45% rain/snow by game time and 50% snow by 9pm, winds 13-15 with 20 gusts. I am going to say the slick conditions and low moderate wind speeds favor the Bills passing game over the Ravens running game, it also favors Bass in the kicking game I'd surmise given Baltimore's kicker is good, but he hasn't played in the swirling winds of the Ralph.

If this weather forecast holds, Bills 34 - Ravens 14.

14 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Do you really think a kicker in his 30s has never had to deal with winds and snow?

I only know what I know, and that is Baltimore's kicker has not been subjected to the weather and wind conditions of a place like Buffalo on a regular basis, that could lead to some mis-steps or mistakes. I'm hedging my bet that it will. Take it with a grain of salt, but tonights game isn't going to be won in the trenches, nor in the backfields, it's going to be won in the kicking game, just a hunch of mine.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.