Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think Fromm has the arm. 

I agree.  I hate to say it but would bringing in Tyrod Taylor as the backup next season make sense? He knows the system, is mobile and we know he can lead a team to the playoffs.  He’d also be an interesting asset to bring in on wildcat and other formations.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree.  I hate to say it but would bringing in Tyrod Taylor as the backup next season make sense? He knows the system, is mobile and we know he can lead a team to the playoffs.  He’d also be an interesting asset to bring in on wildcat and other formations.

Pretty sure Tyrod had a different OC when he was here.

Just now, JujuFish said:

I'll be surprised if we don't have a new OC next year.

Chargers just separated Anthony Lynn. They also have a GM who attended the same high school as Daboll (St. Francis) and a young QB with big upside. The only reason Daboll's not a HC next season is because he doesn't want to be.

That said, I would expect the Bills to strive for continuity with Daboll's system by promoting a positional coach (QB, WR, OL). What will be a huge loss, I think, is Daboll's planning and play calling.

16 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

that was the only reason i thought getting 2nd was important. I don't want to face Henry. He is a bad matchup for the Bills D

in his last two games against the Bills, Henry has only averaged 66 rush yards. The defense is much better and healthy and playing top 10 defensive ball now. The Bills can shred the Titans defense and can limit Titans rushing attack.

3 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

in his last two games against the Bills, Henry has only averaged 66 rush yards. The defense is much better and healthy and playing top 10 defensive ball now. The Bills can shred the Titans defense and can limit Titans rushing attack.

I like the confidence, but I agree with the sentiment that proficient run heavy teams have the potential to be bad matchups for the Bills. I heard the Ravens had the ball for 40 minutes in week 16 or 17 - that’s a (dull) recipe for success.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I like the confidence, but I agree with the sentiment that proficient run heavy teams have the potential to be bad matchups for the Bills. I heard the Ravens had the ball for 40 minutes in week 16 or 17 - that’s a (dull) recipe for success.

The Bills put up 28 points in 12 minutes yesterday. 

Also the Ravens played the Bengals and the Giants. Neither team can sustain offensive drives. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

wow, didn't see that about the Raven's. Yeah I do agree that we aren't as good against the run, but I think our offense getting us up early forcing Titans/Ravens to pass more will be helpful.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I worry about the colts in general to be honest. The Browns would be a better opponent as they are a worse team. Colts have a run game and have a decent defense. 

Agreed. I take some solace in the fact that their QB is a statue. I think that the Bills will come in with a good plan on D. 

1 minute ago, Marions Piazza said:

read some of the Colts MB to see what fans are saying. A lot are picking the Bills and hope they don't get embarrassed. Several mentioned they're weak at CB.

If they are weak and CB I think we have a good chance. I worry about their rookie RB who has been on fire of late. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

If they are weak and CB I think we have a good chance. I worry about their rookie RB who has been on fire of late. 

When Belichick planned for the Bills in Super Bowl XXV (as Giants DC), he said something like "the plan is to let Thurman get 100+ yards" because his larger plan was to make Jim Kelly beat them (and to install things that would make that difficult). I like a similar approach here. Let them rush for 150 yards. And then make Rivers' life miserable, and let Allen and the O do their thing. Final score: 31-17.

The problem with facing the Bills right now is that they can score at anytime.  We scored on 4 straight drives yesterday and seems something similar has happened in each of the last 6-7 weeks.  Now add Browns seed down the field.

The Colts can score and Reich is an excellent coach but his team isn’t good enough to go score for score with the Bills.  35-17 seems right.  

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

When Belichick planned for the Bills in Super Bowl XXV (as Giants DC), he said something like "the plan is to let Thurman get 100+ yards" because his larger plan was to make Jim Kelly beat them (and to install things that would make that difficult). I like a similar approach here. Let them rush for 150 yards. And then make Rivers' life miserable, and let Allen and the O do their thing. Final score: 31-17.

Getting Thurman one hundred yards was merely a by product. The plan was to keep the receivers in front of them and then pound them when they caught it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Getting Thurman one hundred yards was merely a by product. The plan was to keep the receivers in front of them and then pound them when they caught it.

Imagine what could've been if Kelly had given the ball to Thurman right after the safety and the Bills not have gone 3 and out there.  Go up 19-3 and the Jints game plan goes out the window.

Or, imagine how different things would've been had Talley been healthy rather than having an arm in a giant padded sleeve.  No way Meggett gets all those 3rd down conversions.  Oh, well.

20 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Getting Thurman one hundred yards was merely a by product. A big part of The plan was to keep the receivers in front of them and then pound them when they caught it.

Based on my recollection, I'll disagree with the first sentence and agree with the second (as modified). A core part of Belichick's plan was to invite the Bills to run, and run a lot. One of the benefits, from what I recall reading, was that running the ball tended to slow down the pace of the K-Gun's no-huddle. 

I think what I’ve realized with Stefon is that, being a superstar…... it’s not about having a higher ceiling. It’s about having NO ceiling. That actually might be the best way to explain it. It’s like — every breath that dude takes is about finding a whole new level. - Dion Dawkins

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/dion-dawkins-letter-buffalo-bills-nfl-playoffs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Based on my recollection, I'll disagree with the first sentence and agree with the second (as modified). A core part of Belichick's plan was to invite the Bills to run, and run a lot. One of the benefits, from what I recall reading, was that running the ball tended to slow down the pace of the K-Gun's no-huddle. 

If the Bills would have run the ball more in the SB game with the Giants the Bills would now have a SB trophy in their trophy case. In that SB game the Giants invited the Bills and Jim Kelly to run the ball with their three and two line fronts. Kelly was determined to throw it into an 8 man coverage. In that game we were out coached and strategized by Belichick who was the DC. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.