Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How awesome is it the the Fishies are sitting in a locker room in chilly Orchard Park desperately hoping the worst team in football that also coincidentally plays in the state of Florida finds a way to miraculously beat the team led by the "Architect of Comebacks" that led the Bills to the W in the Greatest Football Game Ever Played TM?

Already 17-0 and the Colts have the ball.  Probably ... and I'm just guessing here ... not feeling too hopeful right now. 😁

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

Doink!  Doink!  And the Jaguars make it a game.

Nah.  Just messin' w/ the Fishies fragile egg shell minds; just like the Bills did by going into zone coverage for the 1st series of the 2nd 1/2. 

Oooooh, look, you guys MIIIIIIGGHT have a chance.  ... Nope.  Pssssyche!  😉 

Saint Doug has never done a favor for anyone unless he benefitted.  Going 2-0 versus the Colts when he was 0-14 against everybody else e wouldn't have saved his job IMHO.

Wow!  Tenn despite 8000 yards from Henry nearly (should have?) lost that game.  

Now 2 makes a huge difference.  Balt and Tenn play each other and the survivor gets KC.  The Bills now get Indy at 7 and assuming we beat Indy and the Steelers beat Cleve, we host Pitt in Buffalo.   Wouldn't you rather host Indy and Pitt vs hosting Cleveland and then facing the Steelers on the road?  Add that if Balt/Tenn somehow beat KC, then we host Balt/Tenn at home for the AFC.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Please tell us that isn't the Nickelodeon game.  

The Bills will either be the 3rd team into the 2nd round or the 1st eliminated.  Expecting the former.

They escape the Nickelodeon Game and I think they would be the first team in the Second Round

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They escape the Nickelodeon Game and I think they would be the first team in the Second Round

Pretty sure the Chefs & Pack got to the 2nd round 1st.  

Glad they miss the Slimebowl for no apparent reason.

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

Kenny Stills expected to sign with Buffalo?  Being a Saints fan as well, dude put up some numbers with Brees.  The Diggs signing chapped my hide but I think I'm over it now 😁.

Stills was worked out this week with Beasley injured.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Wow!  Tenn despite 8000 yards from Henry nearly (should have?) lost that game.  

Now 2 makes a huge difference.  Balt and Tenn play each other and the survivor gets KC.  The Bills now get Indy at 7 and assuming we beat Indy and the Steelers beat Cleve, we host Pitt in Buffalo.   Wouldn't you rather host Indy and Pitt vs hosting Cleveland and then facing the Steelers on the road?  Add that if Balt/Tenn somehow beat KC, then we host Balt/Tenn at home for the AFC.

Agree that it's better to have the 2 than the 3 and having swept the division for the 1st time IS special even though it doesn't really mean anything inbthe grand scheme of things.

But, the Stillers could easily resume their slide this coming week & then Buffalo hosts the Raven Titan winner.  Bills can't control that and, should they take care of business Saturday morning, they get who they get & McDermott will get them ready for that game too.

Last year, McDermott screwed up by not going balls out to beat the Cheats in the 2nd to last week.  It seemed a foregone conclusion that Miami would be sushi that last week; they weren't and the Cheats WERE trying that week and had Buffalo not used the most vanilla game plan ever might have been defending last year's division title rather than claiming their 1st in a quarter century.  Don't expect him to ever make that mistake again.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Agree that it's better to have the 2 than the 3 and having swept the division for the 1st time IS special even though it doesn't really mean anything inbthe grand scheme of things.

But, the Stillers could easily resume their slide this coming week & then Buffalo hosts the Raven Titan winner.  Bills can't control that and, should they take care of business Saturday morning, they get who they get & McDermott will get them ready for that game too.

Last year, McDermott screwed up by not going balls out to beat the Cheats in the 2nd to last week.  It seemed a foregone conclusion that Miami would be sushi that last week; they weren't and the Cheats WERE trying that week and had Buffalo not used the most vanilla game plan ever might have been defending last year's division title rather than claiming their 1st in a quarter century.  Don't expect him to ever make that mistake again.

He made quiet a statement by letting Barkley go deep in the 4th qtr even with the game out of reach.  The statement is the Bills are all business and won’t take anything lightly.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He made quiet a statement by letting Barkley go deep in the 4th qtr even with the game out of reach.  The statement is the Bills are all business and won’t take anything lightly.

He learns from his mistakes.  But he also trusts his assistants.  Pretty sure those kill shots were on Daboll.  (But McClappy let him keep those plays in the playbook.)

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Sometimes, we just let the posts speak for themselves.

Matt Barkley career stats 212-363 2699 yds 11td 22 int in 19 games.  These are the stats of a terrible qb

Matt Barkley Bills stats 53-97 788 yds 3td 4int in 8 games.  Piss poor despite the bomb he connected on today.  Anyone trust this guy to lead us to playoff victory?  Didn't think so.

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Matt Barkley career stats 212-363 2699 yds 11td 22 int in 19 games.  These are the stats of a terrible qb

Matt Barkley Bills stats 53-97 788 yds 3td 4int in 8 games.  Piss poor despite the bomb he connected on today.  Anyone trust this guy to lead us to playoff victory?  Didn't think so.

He's a backup quarterback and is fine for that role.

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He's a backup quarterback and is fine for that role.

There are a bunch of better positional players who serve as backup QBs in the league, but there's no one at that position who can help (and has helped) Josh Allen be and get "right" more than Barkley. In that light, his value to the team is tremendous. Besides, if the Bills were to play without Allen (knock on wood), they aren't doing much anyway. 

I would be open to the Bills having someone at QB2 who has more to offer, but I think that doesn't happen until after next season.

59 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There are a bunch of better positional players who serve as backup QBs in the league, but there's no one at that position who can help (and has helped) Josh Allen be and get "right" more than Barkley. In that light, his value to the team is tremendous. Besides, if the Bills were to play without Allen (knock on wood), they aren't doing much anyway. 

I would be open to the Bills having someone at QB2 who has more to offer, but I think that doesn't happen until after next season.

With no elite defenses this year, any team that loses their starting QB is screwed, IMO. 

I'd take Taysom Hill for a backup QB.  Not because he's a starter-quality backup (he's decent), but because of everything else he could bring when Josh is still in the lineup.  One of my favorite players in the league.

(Note: Not saying he would be available.  Just dreaming.)

Edited by carpandean

6 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I'd take Taysom Hill for a backup QB.  Not because he's a starter-quality backup (he's decent), but because of everything else he could bring when Josh is still in the lineup.  One of my favorite players in the league.

I can’t stand that dude.  His name is Taysom.  

19 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I think there's something to be said for finding a backup who can do some of what Allen does (i.e., a big-bodied guy who can move and run).

The team doesn't seem set on that, though. Barkley backs up Allen, and the plan seems to be (or to have been) for Fromm to serve as the eventual backup.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I think there's something to be said for finding a backup who can do some of what Allen does (i.e., a big-bodied guy who can move and run).

The team doesn't seem set on that, though. Barkley backs up Allen, and the plan seems to be (or to have been) for Fromm to serve as the eventual backup.

I don't think Fromm has the arm. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.